[Reincarnation; Afterlife; Nothing]

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Norsefire, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

The great mystery: what happens after we die?

As for me, I tend to think re-incarnation is a pretty interesting concept. It certainly makes sense. Think about it, even if we don't have souls, we are our brains, right? Our brains die, we die. But there are always new people born, and "you" could be one of them, you'd be a different brain and different person.

This is from wikipedia about reincarnation:

There is also the concept of an afterlife, which is basically that we go somewhere else after we die. I don't consider it an illogical idea, it's just frustrating because there' s no evidence for anything really. The problem with figuring something like this out is that it's impossible, because you are dead once you find out, so you can't come back to tell anyone.

And then the concept of nothing, which is pretty basic.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. 11parcal Saint of Cynicism Registered Senior Member

I don't know about an afterlife but I don't think there's anything wrong with reincarnation, seems like a good use of my consciousness.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

I don't understand why there should be anything for us after we die. It certainly doesn't make any sense - try staring at a dead body for a few months, you'll soon realise it's not going anywhere. The idea of someone's essence being immortal is illogical, if there's one thing we learn while we're on earth, is that no good thing lasts forever.

The afterlife is for people who are dissatisfied with their lives and need the hope of something more. It's an essential human need, to feel like we're working towards something.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Should? Perhaps. Is there? That's the question.

Re incarnation makes sense

8. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

I'll solve that "mystery" for you right now:

What's left of you decomposes.

-Fin.

9. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

I think there is nothing.

10. Yorda Registered Senior Member

both heaven (aka. spirit world) and reincarnation are true.

11. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

No it's not, Jesus was resurrected on Easter over 2000 years ago, over 500 people witnessed it! Are you implying they're involved in a conspiracy? Thousands of books have been written about the Religious faith that lead to his resurrection, our country was founded on the same Judaic Christian principles. Every single President that America has elected believes he will enter the gates of heaven upon death, and have everlasting life. Are you some kind of nut? Name one President that agrees with you that Christianity is a fictitious concoction used to infect and control the population.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You can't because you're a conspiracy nut. It's a fact that the prophet Moses spoke to God, and he was given the 10 commandments to pass on to mankind, that ensured him if he followed those rules, he'll attain everlasting life after death. Hundreds of Millions believe this, how can you say that a body decomposes, the body is only but a shell, to house the divine soul that separates man from animals, which will ascend to heaven if those 10 rules are followed. It's a fact, that's why we swear on a Bible before we go under oath, that's why our leaders swear on the Bible before they assume office. The Bible is the cornerstone of America, over 90% of the people believe it, who cares about Conspiracy Nuts like you try to bring Science into the equation, and imply the Government is duping the American public by pushing faith based initiatives. Take your conspiracies elsewhere, to bad that 90% of America disagrees with you and think you're a nut. Try running for President with your position on Religion, and see how far you get, you can't because you'll labeled be a conspiracy nut!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The word soul is not a bad description of what occurs in a brain, it's just too bad it has so many supernatural connotations. When a new brain adopts the same pattern as a previous brain, it's soul is reincarnated, just like when you install an image on a new computer, it becomes the same as the old one.

13. Reiku Banned Banned

Soul i think, is nothing but metaphor for the self.