Reflections

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by %BlueSoulRobot%, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

Maybe there is some connection between this and the current obesity problem?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

No, cause the lazy mirror dudes are the fattest: they never get of their asses. Only the hard working look-a-lot-like-everybody mirror guys show up often, and they're slim.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

Well! Interesting replies to a post I thought would never get a second look! I'm so happy...

It takes so little to fulfill me, it's wonderful, heh.

I don't know if this has crossed anyone's mind, but mirrors are liars, in a sense, because our image is reversed.

8. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Not true. Your reflection is the face of your internal dialogue, which is with you almost everywhere you are.

9. machaon Registered Senior Member

About mirrors

Mirrors do not scare me. The fact that I am capable of understanding that the image in the mirror is me does.

10. Fathoms Banned Banned

heh! I spend alot of time analyzing myself in the mirror. We have such fascinating and silly bodies. If you really think about it honestly, we look stranger then hell too. Wet Circular Organs peering through fragile oblong slits in our skull. Curious skin protrusions on both sides of the head that we call ears. Hair, which essentially performs no funtion. Teeth, which look ridiculous but are essential to our survival. The list goes on.

I see myself as an alien being in the mirror. I can't imagine whatever I did to get myself into such a preposterous existence.

11. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

Have you ever tried to ask yourself WHAT it is you see in the mirror instead of describing it?

Maybe I'm just weird.

12. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Some folks in ancient Greece used to have in their homes tiny rooms, all black on the inside, containing nothing but a chair, with a mirror facing the chair. They would sit in this room, called a psychomantium, and look into the mirror, alone in the dark with their reflection. This was all for meditation, contacting the spirit world, all that stuff.

13. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

Or to see if their beauty potions are working or not.

14. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

when I look in a mirror I always try to make up some mistical expression of my face and look to myself for a moment. thus I can repeat that expression when I want and it also tunes me on certain thoughts......ssomehow....hard to explain...

15. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

Yeah, sometimes I wonder that as well. I mean, I know everything has a purpose to be built that way, but still....

Have you ever watched people who are upside down? Their faces look so alien, yet so familiar: when they talk, their mouths still move but seem to form the wrong shapes. The eyes still look at you, but they no longer hold the right expressions. It makes me wonder what it would be like to live in a world where everyone looked like that, eyes on the bottom of the face, a nose turned upwards, and a small conical forehead. It's scary...