Reflections on Twistor Space

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by BlackHoley, Apr 9, 2014.

1. BlackHoley Banned Banned

What's interesting, is that Penrose unites space... (and time) on a light ray which has a spin. This is called a twistor space and Penrose says in many ways it is more fundamental than even space-time and he says ''if you are even happy about the uniting the two as a single object.''

Markopoulou has been able to derive equations which describe how space entangles with matter and how you can even convert space into matter and vice versa. I propose there is a corresponding theory which is similar to the twistor space; a twistor space concerns itself with world lines as it where, paths of light that twist due to spin. A spin space however, may consist of points on the metric which have a spin and a location. There should be a mathematical way to represent how you can create an entanglement of the spin of space with the space itself in similar ways to how Markopoulou creates space from matter or matter from space.

Of course, you can also take a point in the twistor space as well, in which you can measure all the photons passing through a point, it creates a Reimann sphere in which you can calculate spin of the objects.

I don't wish to get this topic into discussion about whether time is real or not: Time is still a useful tool we use to measure changes. Instead, the issue is whether space, matter and spin can somehow be melded into a fundamental understanding of the vacuum.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Grumpy Curmudgeon of Lucidity Valued Senior Member

Word salad and fractured concepts. Belongs in the cesspool.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. BlackHoley Banned Banned

It's not word salad... but if you are interested (which I doubt you are), I can go through some of the idea's mathematically.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.