Recovery from Qanon

Discussion in 'Politics' started by billvon, Feb 3, 2021.

1. billvon Valued Senior Member

While some Qcumbers are still in thrall to the various conspiracy theories being pitched on right wing media (Trump will retake the presidency in a week, Biden is just a Trump puppet, the US is really a corporation and Trump is the secret CEO) a lot of them have realized they've been had and are beginning their recovery.

This is a good story of a woman who almost made her child a "Qanon orphan" but realized in time that Qanon was a toxic false meme:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/03/tech/qanon-mom-former-believer/index.html

As time goes on we will see more and more of these people. And while it is tempting to mock and ridicule them for their former beliefs, accepting them back into reality with a little kindness could go a long way.

candy likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

As long as they truely are former beliefs

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

As long as they wear their mask and don't give anti-vaxx parties.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bells Staff Member

I was debating starting a thread about something similar to this. But you have saved me the trouble!

I read this article tonight about children of QAnon followers, who are trying to deradicalise their parents..

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/children-of-qanon-believers_n_601078e9c5b6c5586aa49077

8. foghorn Valued Senior Member

Hey, no parties? Viruses need to have fun too.

9. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

Those Q for have nothing invested in it
    Q for dont really care
    a-non/one to blame but everyone else

its just another cult created by the same culture that creates megga churches evangelicals & the bible belt , ponsy schemes, pyramid schemes etc etc

they are creating their own class inside a class system
    they need to be the upper class
    above all other classes

how do they do that ?
    by creating their own bible & religion just like they have been raised to do.

so they are doing it

what i find quite interesting & would like to study when i have some time is their iconography of power systems
    where they define a demi god or supreme being
    in this case it is Donald Trump which seems very odd.

partially i wonder if this is an act of appeasement to offer a free pass to the over all larger class system so they do not make themselves the outlier(& in turn as with the class system make themselves the victim/prey animal of the larger beasts that must predate on smaller animals to maintain their status & belief system)
    like a gang affiliation

parasitic association ?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021