Recognition of Israel : a moral failure

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by S.A.M., Nov 17, 2008.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

And this, in short, is how the international community washes its hands off the atrocities of the Jews. By attacking/blaming those who protest against it. Or by pretending its not as bad as other problems. Or by justifying it. Or by making ineffectual protests without any action [with the US waiting to veto any action that could have been taken]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. scott3x Banned Banned

There are definitely terrible things that happen in this world. But trying to pin the blame on any particular side doesn't really help things, in my view. As I've mentioned before, I believe the people with the more destructive weapons tend to do more harm. If the palestinians had these weapons and the israelies were the ones throwing rocks, the tables would, in my view, be reversed.

I'm glad that you don't blame all the jews. I agree that Israel as a nation has some things it has to answer for. However, so do many countries that have a fair amount of weaponry. In some cases, the weaponry is generally machetes as in some cases in Africa. The bottom line, in my view, is something that Gandhi said:
    "If everyone took an eye for an eye, the world would be blind".

In other words, yes, it's good to see that Israel has done some very harsh things. But it's also important to note that Israel -was- attacked by many Arab nations in 1967 and palestinians do continue to chuck rockets in their direction. Basically, I simply think that instead of more rage at one side or another, what we need is an attempt at understanding. -Why- are the Israelies bulldozing homes, -why- do the palestinians continue to throw rockets Israel's way? How can we stop the violence? These, I believe, are the questions we should be asking.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EntropyAlwaysWins TANSTAAFL. Registered Senior Member

Do you have any evidence to support this otherwise baseless assertion?

1. this is not always the case.
    2. many minority groups live in areas with a high proportion of members of that same minority even when they have partly/mostly assimilated into the culture of the majority.

By definition, a nation cannot commit a terrorist act.
    If a terrorist was to blow up a restaurant then it's an act of terrorism, if a government was to bomb the same restaurant in another countries territory then its an act of war.
    You might argue that this is quibbling about semantics but nevertheless, it is the case.

Do you have a source to back up this assertion?
    If you are referring to the Judenrat, they are hardly co-conspirators even if they may have been viewed as such by some.

Compulsory National service, not everybody serves in the military.

As has been pointed out to you time and time again, it's not what you say but how you say it that often determines the offensiveness of a statement.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yup, go to any city where Jews live. 99.99% they live in an enclave and sell only to other Jews. If they had the power, they would kick out any non-Jews and make it all an enclave. Thats what they have done in any place, historically. Twice in Canaan now.

Not really. Check out any Jewish community. We've had four of them in India, they don't even assimilate with each other.And 2000 years was not long enough for them to call it home. Over 80% of them left to evict some Palestinians when the Jewish state was forced on those people.

Sorry, I don't believe that shit. When a bunch of Jews move into a place and massacre the non-Jews to create a Jewish state I call it terrorism. When they get rich off it and get better weapons and continue to do it for 60 years its still terrorism. Since I think the "state" of Israel is an illegal state, its all terrorism to me.

Merely the words of Holocaust survivors:

They all support the system that oppresses the Palestinians.

I'll think of more polite ways to report their oppression

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

What you meant to say was "...of the Israelis", right? You said Jews when you know damned well that all of the Jews didn't do those things!

See? You're anti-semitic ....and YOU can say things like that on this forum because you're a moderator and you can get away with it. That ain't nice!!

Baron Max

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Not the Israelis Baron, try and see if the same applies when an Israeli Arab runs a bulldozer over a car in Jerusalem. This only applies to the Jews.

10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Hmm, how 'bout the Chinese in China Town (in New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and a host of other such cities)?

How 'bout Little Havana in Miami?

How 'bout Little Mexico in Los Angeles and New York City?

How 'bout the Puerto Ricans in New York City?

SAM, I'm willing to bet that just such places like that exist in India ...you just don't want talk or think about those.

Because you hate Jews!! And you blame ALL Jews for what a few have done.

You're anti-semitic, SAM, just admit it ....you'll feel better!

Sorta' like all Muslims support terrorism?

Baron Max

11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So no other people/race/religion ever did anything like that, huh, SAM? Only Jews do those things?

You're plainly and obviously anti-semitic, but you get away with it because you're a moderator here.

All Muslims are terrorists and/or terrorist supporters!

I'll bet I get an infraction for that ...or banned outright. Yet you can say the similar things about the Jews, and no one does anything about it. Why?

Baron Max

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Did I say all Jews? Nope. But, FYI, I'm no longer a moderator in Biology because of my "extreme" views on Israel. Note, that my extreme views on other topics were not worth de-modding. So I shall say, the Jews are a special case, they even determine whether one can mod a Biology forum. I think if I were a Jew, like Noam Chomsky, I could have gotten away with having extreme views. But as a non-Jew? Nope, no way.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So, SAM, do you think it's okay for me to say that all Muslims are terrorists and/or terrorist supporters?

Baron Max

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Ah but do they want to go "home" and evict the natives? Or do they consider themselves at home?

I believe you already do that Baron. I don't suppose it would matter what I thought about it, being only a lowly Muslim.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yes, they do ....but they can't because of some of those pesky, idiotic laws that we have in the USA.

Baron Max

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Strange, those "laws" don't stop American Jews from going "home" and evicting the natives

http://www.radioislam.org/historia/zionism/amayreh_kristalnacht.html

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

All American Jews do that, SAM? Or just a few individuals who happen to be Jews?

Baron Max

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You tell me. How many "American" Jews have moved there? How many Palestinians have they evicted?

Do the laws apply to the ones who do it? Because no settler [American or otherwise] has ever been convicted for murdering Palestinians. Just like no IDF trooper has been convicted for shooting their children at point blank range.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Doesn't matter, SAM. You continue to blame ALL Jews for something that only a few MIGHT have done. So don't keep using the term "Jews" when you really mean "Israelis". If you continue your practice, not only is it wrong, but it proves, time and time again, that you're anti-semitic.

I'll just bet that that's wrong, SAM. Do you have any evidence to back up that claim? If not, it's just one more example of your anti-semitism. And, SAM, if you do produce some damned website, be sure that it's actual proof of such wrong-doing rather than some wild, unfounded anti-semtic accusations.

Baron Max

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Like saying Sunnis and Shias when you mean Iraqis? Like saying Islamic terrorism? Like saying Islamist militant?

Check any human rights site. Or Israeli site. Better still, find me one Israeli Jew who has been convicted for killing a Palestinian OR shooting a kid.

Just one.

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Contrary to your notion that Palestinians are always the victim of Israeli policy, this article points out an incident where IDF soldiers come to the aid of Palestinians:

Violent clashes erupted early Thursday between settler activists and Israeli security forces at a disputed house slated for evacuation in the West Bank city of Hebron, prompting Israeli and Palestinian officials alike to call for legal enforcement.

During the protests, some settlers began to attack Palestinian locals while others wounded an IDF soldier by spraying turpentine at him as he tried to stop them from throwing stones at Palestinians...

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1039263.html

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Israel Defense Forces troops on Thursday foiled an attempted stabbing of an IDF soldier in the West Bank, after a Palestinian man carrying an explosive device arrived at the checkpoint and made an attempt to stab a female soldier.

Troops overpowered the assailant and in a subsequent search, found the explosive device on his person.

An additional Palestinian man was arrested at the Hawara checkpoint near Nablus on Thursday, after troops discovered he was carrying a knife with a four-inch blade.

In September, an IDF soldier lost his vision in one eye after a Palestinian woman threw acid in his face at the Hawara checkpoint. ​

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1039409.html

Aww, those poor Palestinian victims...

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Are they dead? It have made up at least partially for the 5 Palestinians killed in the IDF raid on Gaza or the 17 killed since the last few days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISVqSJpcb6U

Did you also weep for the Nazis killed by the Jews in Warsaw. Occupiers have only themselves to blame for casualties. The occupation is by their choice.