Recent thread closure.

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by CheskiChips, Jul 1, 2010.

1. CheskiChips Banned Banned

HIV Monkey GREEN was recently shut down by an unnamed shadow modificator. I think it had something to do with my post:
    http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2574418&postcount=41

I don't get it.

Why was it cesspooled in the first place, and how did my comment contribute to it? I feel I had a good point.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

The obvious

Which subforum was the thread in? Have you inquired directly with that moderator? You might, to the one, get a direct answer. To the other, you might be referred up the ladder to a supermoderator or administrator.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. CheskiChips Banned Banned

There's no indication of the closing moderator.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

The obvious question

Well, what subforum was the thread in before it was closed and moved to The Cesspool?

8. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

It was a stupid thread. Sorry.
    It didn't really have much to do with the topic, as far as I could see.

9. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

It might well of had something to do with it being a Necromanced thread. When threads haven't had posts for years, it's usually a good idea to leave them and start a new one (by all means reference the original thread if you want to continue a discussion)

10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

It was closed by Hercules Rockefeller.

11. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I usually read the last post of a closed thread. I was surprised there was no justification in that thread for closing it down or by whom it was done...

The last we could expect from a moderator is to tell us why he/she thinks the thread is worthless....

12. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

If you have to ask why the thread was moved, you probably shouldn't be a member here.

This is the fate that most threads meet when they've been dug up after three years.

13. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

What does thread necromancy, as it is called, have to do with it exactly? I would think a decent thread of several years would be valid as long as it is on topic.

The "green monkey" thread really seems to have lost any semblance of direction by the second page...

Here, let me waste space and post the last 11 comments!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I think the answer to why it might have been closed is demonstrated by those comments. Maybe.

I apologize for posting that. I'm a dodo-head.

14. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Ben, trying to alienate other members of sciforums for the reason that their perceptions differ from yours is not noble.

15. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Moderators are not chosen for their nobility.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. CheskiChips Banned Banned

Then how come the thread generation at the bottom which says
    "Similar Threads" isn't fixed to only include recent threads?

17. CheskiChips Banned Banned

Ben, I hate green monkeys. They disgust me and I've made it my lifes goal to shoot every one of them. I told you of one I saw on my porch. The porch monkey was whistling about the old train.

18. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

A minimum expectation of awareness

Some things should be self-evident, such as a thread that opens with an unsubstantiated conspiracy theory.

19. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Spoken like the leader of the High Society.
    :itold:
    What, pray tell, ARE they chosen for. Good looks? Homosexual tendencies? Bizarre ritualistic methods of censoring?

Shapeshifting?

20. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Oooo! A conspiracy theory!:booo:

21. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

The not-so-super heroes

Our strange super-powers. For instance, James can fly at supersonic speeds powered only by flatulence and a butane lighter; he has an infinite gas reserve. I'm bulletproof, but only when out of my gourd on hash to the point that my body forgets to die. String? He looks fabulous on two days' stubble, enough to stop even the most hetero of supervillains in their tracks from envy. Bells can scold mountains to rubble, but only on the third Tuesday of the month. Plazma, as his name implies, transforms into an inferno of supercharged gas, but only under a waxing gibbous moon in any month with an "r" in the name. Hypewaders knows every fishing hole on Uranus.

Just to name a few.

Or ... oh, shit, was that classified information?

22. CheskiChips Banned Banned

Crassness aside. I'd like to be able to discuss green monkeys in a humorous fashion, this sort of thing is often permitted in Free Thoughts. I petition it be moved there, or at least reopened to comment in the Cesspool.

23. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Thank you, Tiassa, for exposing the flatulent nature of James R. I should have known!