Reasoning to allow paddoboy to stay

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by river, Mar 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. river

What is your reasoning ?

I have closed this thread, pending a review by the other moderators.

Full disclosure: in a private message, I demanded a full retraction and apology from paddoboy of his baseless implications in post #84 that I have sexually harassed somebody and/or that I am a rapist, a pedophile, or both. If any of these accusations were true, that would make me a criminal. I could go to jail. So I take this attempt to smear my reputation very seriously indeed.

I also requested an apology from paddoboy for his inappropriate comments focussed on various aspects of my private sex life. I believe those comments constitute sexual harassment.

The relevant private message was shared in full with other moderators, Tiassa and Bells.

I don't think either of these requests was unreasonable in the circumstances. Again, it appears that rather than doing the right thing, paddoboy has chosen to double down on his appalling behaviour. I will recuse myself from taking any action in regards to paddoboy's membership. The other moderators will decide where this goes from here. I would like to see paddoboy permanently banned, in light of his response in post #92 to my reasonable request.

By JamesR

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river

I have closed this thread, pending a review by the other moderators.
    Absolutely , to your last statement .

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river

JamesR has become , brainwashed .

Quote taken from History , February 17 , 2020 . Happy Australia Day .

The quality of this site is in serious trouble .

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. billvon Valued Senior Member

Hmm. Post #84 in the Chivalry/Sexual Violence thread reads:

Bells: Of course it hasn't changed.
    Jeeves: And now probably won't. That 40% is winning. It's too bad.

So it's not that one. Is there _another_ acrimonius sexual harassment thread featuring Paddoboy that's underway? Wow.

8. river

The Reputation and the Quality of this site has been Seriously Discredited .

9. billvon Valued Senior Member

You keep saying that but give no indication of why you think that. I don't see that. What are you talking about?

10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

My reasoning was published in the thread in question:

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/happy-australia-day.162771/page-5#post-3618860

What?

How? Why?

11. foghorn Valued Senior Member

I understand where your coming from River. You being a honourable chap, I shell lend you my revolver, you know where the library is.

James R, exchemist and Dywyddyr like this.
  12. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

You don't strike me as any of those.

13. geordief Valued Senior Member

That's a bit mean . River doesn't get the quoting function and should try to learn it out of consideration for other posters,but we should leave the p word right out of this thread .

14. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

News to me.

15. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I think there comes a point, when you ban a member or not, and discussing it like this (to me) seems counter productive. If the mods collectively agreed to not ban him, then threads like these shouldn't be allowed to trail on. Because then it just becomes a gossip thread. Just my $.02

billvon and Magical Realist like this.
  16. geordief Valued Senior Member

Well you have quoted River as apparently saying something James actually said.(Your post at Today 1.31 pm)

I am not sure whose wires are crossed but I think it is River's and you don't seem to have noticed.

17. exchemist Valued Senior Member

You mean "paddoboy"? I'm not following this.

18. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

I don't know what you mean.

19. geordief Valued Senior Member

No (that occured to me too

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

) I meant paedophile. That word should not be bandied around or requoted unnecessarily as B/wS did.

20. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Well, I'm neither river or exchemist.

21. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Ah I see. A bit. Except that BwS didn't mention it, so far as I can see. But anyway it doesn't matter much.

22. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

23. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Agreed.

I was in two minds about whether to just delete the thread and reply to river by personal message, especially since the answer to his question has been published in the public forums for quite a while now.

But then there was a small chance that river might fill us in on exactly how I've been "brainwashed", or what he believes has "seriously discredited" blah blah blah. I guess that's not going to happen. So, closed.

wegs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.