Reason to like americans?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by weed_eater_guy, May 22, 2008.

1. Echo3Romeo One man wolfpack Registered Senior Member

On fat Americans: it really depends where you are. Certain areas are more health-conscious than others, either socially or due to their ethnic makeup resultant to whatever group settled there so many generations ago.

Texas, for example, has a prepondrance of Mexican culture (read: food) and as a result is disgustingly heavy compared to the national average.

By comparison, San Diego is very healthy thanks to a perfect climate that caters to outdoor activities involving minimal clothing.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tyler Registered Senior Member

According to recent stats, 1/4 of UK adults are 'obese'. More than 50% of the women are 'overweight'.

This actually corresponds well to my experience living and working with British males who will often tell me a girl is hot that to me is just chubby. I used to have a Brit roommate - good looking guy, smart enough, funny and a bit charming - and his girlfriend was just one of the most plainly unattractive girls I've seen in a long time. In Canada she would be considered overweight. To the Brits among us she was hot.

Also, I believe England's weight problem is expanding much quicker than America's, but I may be wrong about that.

Either way, Brits can't say shit about fatness in America. If you look at most of the rest of the world, you guys are still among the worst. It'd be like the Sudanese saying "Yeah? Well at least we kill fewer people than the North Koreans! So ha!"

True. But you still suck.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Reason to like americans... lets see, Not all of them are idiots, And if a idiot can get into power, a non idiot can too, theres still hope.
    That, and the fact that we get cool stuff from them.

Personally, since we never use that cool stuff, i don't see the point.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

It was passed to Britain from America with fast-food,crap TV = Unhealthy lifestyle.....at least we don't declare war on those considerably weaker than us,who pose no threat....!

I agree that the UK,GB,BI OR England what ever you whish to call it has become a shithole where society is slowly being ground to a halt..............But I blame bad politics,trade,political alliences (or I blame America)for this as we should just take the Euro and become a permanent part of the EU

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  8. Tyler Registered Senior Member

(1) Are you seriously blaming British obesity on America? Are Brits a bunch of 3 year olds who can't make their own decisions?

(2) As I remember things, Britain was a full participant in the Iraq war. And the nation that proposed removing UN peace keepers from Rwanda as the genocide began.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Reason to like Americans:

They help to build your economy after they bomb the shit out of you. That should be a plus.

They'll condemn the dictators they prop up in your country, even if it takes 20 years to get around to it.

They'll put a military base in your country to make sure you know what you are doing.

10. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

and thanks to them you have a computer and internet with which you can spread hatred towered jews and americans

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

on a mostly american forum(as far as i know).

11. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

This forum is hosted in canada, it just has a lot of american members.

The internet was actually out of a military project. How ironic. But I'm sure the french would have come up with something, if not the americans. Or the Russians.

12. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

but they didnt. thats like saying Albert Einstein came with the theory of relativity, but im sure if he didnt someone else would. he still gets the glory.

13. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

Brits are hardly anywhere near the US when it comes to obesity %'s...
    But then again the US is hardly anywhere near Western Saomoa's 75% obesity....
    Macdonalds,Soda,Bullshit its all from the US and none of it is good....

The government makes the decision's and with only 61% of the country voting in the last general election and the projection that even less will vote in the next one, the government are representing less than 35% of 60% of the country, (or a minority)...I'm sure thats an equation which will end in civil war

What did the US do about Rwanda/Cambobia real genocides not BS....?
    What has the US done about any dictators apart from Saddam.....?
    And one of the reasons for the invasion was that is was a safe haven for terrorist's....! have you actualy found any or has that been covered up by lies like every other reason for the invasion
    America failed to leave after WW2 and are becoming less welcome in the UK as the years go by.
    The british government were full participants in Iraq, the people were against it.......?

OH sorry I missed something of my last post let me ammend it..
    I forgot...

14. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Ya, and glory is all they'd ever get. All good things don't come from the US. Nowadays, they have made in china stamped over it. What I was saying was that the credit given to someone for inventing something is sometimes hyped up.

CERN invented the World wide Web, so this site wouldn't exist without them.

15. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

17% of men and 21% of women are obese (a body mass index of more than 30 kg/m2 )...........?

About 46% of men in England and 32% of women are overweight.....(PROBABLY MOSTLY DUE TO EXCESS CALORIES FROM ALCOHOL)

http://www.annecollins.com/obesity/uk-obesity-statistics.htm

About two-thirds of adults in the United States are overweight, and almost one-third are obese,
    http://win.niddk.nih.gov/statistics/

11% of children are obese in the USA (World Heart Federation Fact-Sheet, 2002)
    50% of women aged 20 to 74 are overweight or obese in the US (The National Women’s Health Information Center)

Obesity prevalence statistics by age group for men in the USA:
    24.1% of men aged 20-34 are obese in the US 1999-2000 (Health United States, 2003, NCHS)
    25.2% of men aged 35-44 are obese in the US 1999-2000 (Health United States, 2003, NCHS)
    30.1% of men aged 45-54 are obese in the US 1999-2000 (Health United States, 2003, NCHS)
    32.9% of men aged 55-64 are obese in the US 1999-2000 (Health United States, 2003, NCHS)
    33.4% of men aged 65-74 are obese in the US 1999-2000 (Health United States, 2003, NCHS)
    20.4% of men aged over 75 are obese in the US 1999-2000 (Health United States, 2003, NCHS)

Obesity prevalence statistics by age group for women in the USA:
    25.8% of women aged 20-34 are obese in the US 1999-2000 (Health United States, 2003, NCHS)
    33.9% of women aged 35-44 are obese in the US 1999-2000 (Health United States, 2003, NCHS)
    38.1% of women aged 45-54 are obese in the US 1999-2000 (Health United States, 2003, NCHS)
    43.1% of women aged 55-64 are obese in the US 1999-2000 (Health United States, 2003, NCHS)
    38.8% of women aged 65-74 are obese in the US 1999-2000 (Health United States, 2003, NCHS)
    25.1% of women aged over 75 are obese in the US 1999-2000 (Health United States, 2003, NCHS)

Obesity prevalence rates by racial and gender groups in the USA:
    21.3% white men in the US 2000 (National Health, 2000 Interview Survey, NCHS, CDC)
    19.6% white women in the US 2000 (National Health, 2000 Interview Survey, NCHS, CDC)
    24.4% African American men in the US 2000 (National Health, 2000 Interview Survey, NCHS, CDC)
    35.9% African American women in the US 2000 (National Health, 2000 Interview Survey, NCHS, CDC)
    23% Hispanic/Latino men in the US 2000 (National Health, 2000 Interview Survey, NCHS, CDC)
    26.1% Hispanic/Latino women in the US 2000 (National Health, 2000 Interview Survey, NCHS, CDC)
    38.9% American Indian and Alaska Native men in the US 2000 (National Health, 2000 Interview Survey, NCHS, CDC)
    43.2% American Indian and Alaska Native women in the US 2000 (National Health, 2000 Interview Survey, NCHS, CDC)
    6.0% Asian American men in the US 2000 (National Health, 2000 Interview Survey, NCHS, CDC)
    8.3% Asian American women

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/o/obesity/stats.htm

16. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

17. draqon Banned Banned

Hoof...we are looking for reasons to like Americans...not dislike them

18. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

OK...just Tyler seemed to be talking b*ll*cks about fatty fat fats...

Reason to like Americans.....eventualy they get the message and leave..!

Unless you have the Black Gold

19. John99 Banned Banned

McDonalds is just a cliché that many foreigners seem to latch onto. The truth is that McDonalds restaurants are not on every corner. As a matter of fact you would see more good restaurants than McDonalds. I never even notice McDonalds and have not eaten it for over 10 years. They still have their customers but come to think of i dont think they advertise on T.V anymore. I never even think about them but on this forum the people who never been to U.S repeat the name over and over.

The problem, if you want to call it that, is not the junk food but the good food.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. John99 Banned Banned

The technology is\was American. Unless you believe the Dan Brown novel.

21. tim840 Registered Senior Member

Maybe you don't know, but America didn't start WWII. We didn't even enter until 1941. We never bombed anyone except for Germany, and yes, after the war we did reuild their economy, which I think was a quite gracious thing to do.

And we don't prop up dictators unless it's the only reasonable choice (ie, the choice is between two dictators, and we choose the better of them - like Chiang and Mao in China)

22. tim840 Registered Senior Member

Oh and we bombed Japan. Who also started the war in the first place.

23. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

wha?? So someone wouldn't like Americans because they might all be overweight? Does that mean I can dislike Ethiopians because they are too skinny? Seriously, is a weight issue??

I think a person needs to look at the charity work a nations people do. We have a lot of doctors that do free surgeries overseas. They also fly in children for free surgeries. People bring up wars, but they forget the Berlin Food Drops. We have done wrongs, but we have done a lot of rights.