Reality or Imaginary?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Sep 30, 2005.

1. nameless Registered Senior Member

Mind is the 'canvas'..

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

It would seem so, but there is more there that gives witness to the activities of the mind. The mind it seems is the environment in which we live.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i guess the imagination is infinate in some sense, but our senses kinda control the way we view things, ie say we were immortal, couldent feel pain and couldent hear, we could talk we could see and communicate with each other we could smell and taste, our whole perspective of everything would be so much different than it is now, its near impossible to comprehend how a complete other lifeform would imagine or function inside its own head, its interesting to see how human thought would vary from the thought of something with equal intelligence but seeing things through different senses slightly.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. genep Guest

It is all supremely simple. So simple that there is no mind simple enough to understand it: life is just a dream in which we dream we wake up every morning.

OR -- by definition: the mind is always “dreaming” that it is awake, even in its sleep-dreams.

But it gets even more simple than that because there is no such thing as dreaming, for it is just a thought, the mind.

So the mind cannot even dream that it is awake because BY DEFINITION: it is the dream we call the mind, that includes life and its death.

8. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

not self is the canvas, self is the artist.
    not self is the artist, self is the canvas.
    i am created and creator.
    i am destroyer and destoyed.
    i am you and you are me and we are one and....who said that? something about being a walrus............?

9. water the sea Registered Senior Member

It's a Beatles' song, but Oasis re-did it. I am the walrus.

Please don't put your life in the hands
    Of a rock and roll band
    Who'll throw it all away

10. Rajagopals Registered Senior Member

Knowledge that we gain through senses also evolve along with the soul. Like we feel our height when we meet a taller person, our sense does learn new things every day. It seems to be tending towards a final destination of absolute truth (God) where it knows everything about everything. So what we can see, hear, taste…today is perfect and is the real world.

11. nameless Registered Senior Member

Reality or Imaginary?

Our 'Reality' = 'imaginary' (concepts within mind)

Your senses lie. Believe them not. Trust only half of what you think, and you never know which half!

12. ellion Magician & Exorcist (93) Registered Senior Member

seek 'the magic numbers'
    and find the perfect equation

13. ChristianWinkle Registered Member

Telecanesis is a reality. It is being in touch with you enviroment and being aware of you genetic strand and all the previous historical converstation that your relatives have ever had. Take some Ginco, Watch alot of TV rapidly switching chanells, dont wear deoderant and listen to you internal desire and you will understand.

The movie Donnie Darko is very close to my point. Bizare Hycoo's that dont make sense will never lead you down the right path. Good luck to you all

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. ChristianWinkle Registered Member

The concept of pure blood is dead

15. Spectrum Registered Senior Member

What if you could see the same thing over and over again? Would you believe it then? That is possible with memory.

16. EndLightEnd This too shall pass. Registered Senior Member

Reaginary. Imagity.