Reality as Logical Connectives

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Spellbound, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

You got that right. Reality is not only described by the language of science, it is science!!! Every object (including you) is pure science as well. An object moving from A to B is pure science. The Physics of movement. Quantum. Classical.

It is much more than an analogy.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. exchemist Valued Senior Member

No. "Science" is from scientia, which means knowledge. In modern use, "science" is generally short for "natural science", which is thus knowledge of the natural world. The key point is knowledge, i.e. human comprehension.

I am certain that most scientists share the view that the physical reality they try to understand and model has an existence independent of mankind's knowledge of it. So reality is that which we try to comprehend, not the comprehension itself.

P.S. Bolting on buzzwords like "quantum" and "classical", out of context, adds nothing to the content of your post, as far as I can see.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

Reality is pure science and logic otherwise they would be the imaginary (which itself is built on the reality we know and therefore cannot possibly escape it). Reason and the conclusions it draws are real. There is no separation between reality and science as well as logic. The describer is real and so are his descriptions.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.