Re: "You're just not advanced enough to understand this!"

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by wynn, May 20, 2011.

1. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

Because I'm a member of a species which have evolved to live in groups, each member of the group depending on others in order to survive. As such the need is biologically hardwired into me. A deity doesn't have such things. Why does the Christian god need to be praised endlessly in heaven by all manner of people and creatures, as said in Revelations? Is it so insecure about itself it had to build sentient entities to give it metaphorical hand jobs?

Which doesn't answer my question. Are you in some way referring to the Catholic practice of communion or something else?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Because I was exiled from life and made to feel like a tourist in my own country dingle berry . It started the minute I was born . First my father beat Me until I stopped cry. Then the Pope took away the celebrations of my birthday . Then girls told me I can't play with them . Then I was enslaved into the isolation of being a carpenter ( Non of you know how lonely it is to be a carpenter unless you are one , Painters too and the likes ) Plus add in Me coming home every day from school crying to my mom > No body likes me . Good thing she did our Ida blown up the f--cking world by now . I love you to even if your a f--cking ass hole

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

Don't confuse those who practice dogma with those who don't. Equating spirituality with religion is like equating love to sex. :bugeye:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

So, you're Tonto to God's Lone Ranger, or something...:bugeye:

Too right.
    I fear authority, that's why it scares me that you insist you have to find this out from outside yourself, Signal.

I'd rather you adopt some sort of practice and grow to be your own authority through connection to the Divine.

8. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

But this would simply be a denial of thow things already are.

Is there anything that we know that we don't learn from others, in some way or another?

The moment one uses the word "God", one already latches onto a religious/spiritual tradition.

Surely, there is a categorical difference between mere theoretical knowledge one acquires from others and personal realization. Personal realization being the desired outcome.

But how can one have personal realization without first learning from others how to go about attaining it?

What some people (notably those who dread authority when it is occupied by a human) are suggesting is the reinvention of the wheel: that each person is supposed to, from scratch, find their way to God.

Yes, this theoretically seems to be a way around the problems connected to authority.
    It is also a denial of how things already are. A true re-invention of the path to God would mean that the person would somehow annull all the effects, all the words, all the practices in relation to seeking God that they have taken from other people. They would have to put away the Bible and any other scriptures. They would not use the word "God", or "communion".

I do not see how such would be even possible; I think no person living in the civilized world can do that.

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  9. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

"Lone ranger Christian" and "lone ranger Christianity" are terms.
    Google search:

http://www.daveblackonline.com/beyond_lone_ranger_christianity.htm

http://truthandpurpose.com/2007/06/the-lone-ranger-spiritual-life-is-it-possible/

http://familyhoodchurch.blogspot.com/2007/01/lone-ranger-christian.html

http://thewayitcouldbe.com/?p=751

http://bonhoefferblog.wordpress.com/2008/03/02/can-we-be-a-lone-ranger-christian/

http://vodpod.com/watch/2937661-is-lone-ranger-christianity-biblical

10. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

really? you think praise = a metaphorical hand job? that's pretty sad. you give and receive no praise for anything in life?

we're a communal species yes. we just do a really piss poor job of that because we deny god.

ffs, no. that's a ritual.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

you don't know what the ritual is supposed to represent?

11. Adstar Valued Senior Member

I read your first two links so i get the message. I was not contending that your term was not a legitimate term. I guess most people who knew me from the religious community would call me a lone ranger. On some religious forums i have been called a lose cannon, usually just before i get booted from that forum.

I would love and i really mean love to be part of a physically gathered together community of people who truly believe Jesus. But sadly i have never found an organised church or community of people who truly believe Jesus. The closest organised church i have been tempted to join was a tradition Mennonite one. But even that one was going through the process of being made worldly compliant.

From the days of Constantine false churches have been started up and if a true congregation ever stuck it's head up it was either infiltrated by agents of satan and twisted or they where set upon by worldly compliant religionists in bloody persecution.

I came to understand that the true Church was the Body of Christ, I am part of the true Church an outwardly invisible body of followers of Jesus united in spirit by the Holy Spirit. I have worked with other believers on the net but i have never met one of the them in real life. They are rare and spread out in this world. Most of the "christians" i meet on the net are false believers. It gets very lonely sometimes and i yearn to have fellowship with a brother or sister in Jesus. But such times are rare and mostly short. many times i think i have found a brother or sister in Jesus but only find out later they are not. I mourn for them as you see people mourning for a dead loved on at a funeral.

I am keep going because i am sustained by the Holy Spirit who gives me strength to walk alone.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

12. gmilam Valued Senior Member

Ooh! I know this one! Cannibalism!

13. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

vampires.

14. rjr6 Devout Theist Registered Senior Member

your question reminds me of a quote that "I wouldn't belong to a club that would have me as a member".

15. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Lori's husband you are ...