re-EVOL-ve

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by 786, Oct 25, 2009.

1. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

No, A theory is a testable prediction that basically dares you to prove it wrong, while the concept of god is an Idea that says its an absolute truth and provides no means for proving otherwise, in fact it discourages it.

Just because something cant be quantified right now doesnt mean it will remain that way.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Let me repeat it... Some things can NOT be quantified.... there is no proving that.... we go back to the beginning then there is no theory only an assumption.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Peace be unto you

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Spectrum Registered Senior Member

And EVOLUTION backwards is 'NO IT U LOVE'.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Nice

Peace be unto you

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Your faith based assertions fall primarily within that category. Science, on the other hand has quantified a great deal of things and continues to do so daily. Meanwhile, supernatural deities still play hide and seek.

9. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Some qualities are unquantifiable.... I didn't say anything against what science has quantified.... continue to ignore the basic truth.

Peace be unto you

10. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Yet, another worthless assertion. Well done.

It's important to point that out in the face of faith based assertions.

11. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Please quantify feelings :shrug:

Peace be unto you

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Biochemical reactions.

Please quantify your god.

13. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Repeating something over and over again is little more than quacking if you can't come up with anything other than pointless cliches.

14. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Lol... are all feelings to the same degree. Biochemicals reactions are a result of your feeling not the other way around. No one quantifies feelings because no number can capture exactly how you feel. You can say 'good or bad' perhaps but not anything specific.

Did you read anything above :shrug:

Peace be unto you

15. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Ok, I guess I will repeat it again.. everything can't be quantified... does that make you feel better

Peace be unto you

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

While I understand your ignorance and confusion on such topics, you really should try not to make yourself look the deluded fool so often.

Your silly claims are similar to Sam's when she first arrived here claiming to be a working scientist but didn't know the first thing about evolution. Probably the cleaning lady who scrubs toilets at a research facility.

Are you the security guard at the same facility by any chance?

17. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Keep quacking, the ducks are flying south for the winter.

18. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Do you have an example of something that is not possible to quantify? If you do, let me know and please explain why it's impossible.

19. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Okay, lets put it in perspective first:

What I said was this: "Right but there are things that can't be quantified, you can come up with theories but they are all assumptions"

So things like feelings, for example love, can not be quantified. But you can assume some things and make it a standard to use it to quantify something... But this is based on your own assumptions.... If someone made other assumptions the whole thing changes. So its not like 'science'- you're just choosing an hypothesis (assumption) to be correct. If for example I wanted to quantify love I could use 2 things- trust, respect - I can use these two variables to quantify love.

Someone else can up and quantify love on 3 things - trust, respect, comfort-

Is it quantified? Yes... but is it really, I don't think so. Something subjective like feelings could depend on things that you don't normally associate with them- for one not everyone values each category the same- so you can't come up with a standard for everyone. So you can come up with subject quantification but that isn't much in way of proof.

Without these assumptions there is no scientific way to quantify these things. Hence 'not everything can be quantified'.

What is impossible is -to say that your assumptions are correct - indirectly your quantification.

Peace be unto you

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Love isn't a real thing, it's an emotional state of the brain. The brain is physical, and it's activity can be monitored by machines.

21. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Love can be termed the signals that trigger the brain to come into an emotional state- so it is real- quantifying those signals and how much effect each has can only be subjectively quantified.

Peace be unto you

22. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Emotions are brain states. What would be impossible about analyzing the state of a brain and then determining emotion and strength of emotion?

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

And, you say you're in university? Complete rubbish. Why not try getting your nose out of the Quran and reading something different for a change, educate yourself?