Rapists

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by cluelusshusbund, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bells Staff Member

Mod Note

It's been over a dozen posts, all on topic and you decide to respond with this, off topic and unnecessary flaming post, even after you became fully aware that Gremmie received an infraction for the exact same thing. Please stop trolling and posting off topic and trying to flame this thread.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

Protecting yourself and your loved ones is one thing. Sitting there and stewing about how you would torture anyone who harmed you or your loved one's is another thing altogether.

I think it's wrong to ponder the very thought of how and why you would torture someone.

The point of life is to live. I've been hurt, sick, in more ways than one. Does not mean I want to torture the person who hurt me.

There shouldn't be enjoyment in torturing someone or harming them. There shouldn't be joy or pleasure in it. The moment you start to feel that way, then you lost any moral high ground you may have had and you become just like the person who harmed you or your loved one. You have brought yourself down to their level and you become no different to them.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. billvon Valued Senior Member

You give nothing at all to a bad type? That didn't make much sense.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Go to not and see what you find. Not heavenly, not happy.. Nothingness.

8. kx000 Valued Senior Member

I would never torture! I say send them to nothing. No happiness, but don't worry no emotions.. No hate!

What would you do of a Armageddon situation where a moral king gathers his people for the final battle over evil? Where we know we got all the good people together.

9. billvon Valued Senior Member

Any time a "king" claims that he is the epitome of morality and goodness, and is going to lead all his followers into a final battle with the evil people - run away, run very far away. That's how we got the Crusades, the Third Reich and Al Qaeda.

10. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Not at all. This will be known.

11. billvon Valued Senior Member

Google Pope Urban II for a good example of a "king" who said something similar.

12. Bells Staff Member

Oookay then....

Run in the opposite direction. As fast as my legs can carry me and my loved one's.

13. kx000 Valued Senior Member

You would desert reason? You know for a fact all the good people are lined up with you, come on this is our chance to be the world.

14. kx000 Valued Senior Member

I am not talking about the crusades, that has nothing to do with what I imaginaed.

15. billvon Valued Senior Member

Pope Urban II represented reason, and morality, and all that was good in the world. He was the head of the most moral, most upstanding (according to Christians) kingdom in the world - exactly the same sort of person you said you would follow. If all the good people of the medieval world were lined up behind him, would you really desert him? That would be your chance to be the world, and wipe out evil! (Muslims)

16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Mansplanation: For the Boys

To the one, it's a lesson one of my perspective only learns under dire circumstances and necessity. To the other, it's a lesson I managed to learn.

What're we gonna do to the evil rapist?

Now then, as a mansplaition to my fellow men, and given my cultural associations I can tell you it's something that American men need to hear and learn.

What're you gonna do to the evil rapist, boys? Don'matter. Get that through your skulls, boys. In the Aftermath, if your attention is focused on what you're gonna do to the evil rapist, your attention is wrongly focused, and nine times out of ten this is basic masculine pride.

Have you faith in God, then rely on it. If not, well, try reality. There are agencies tasked with dealing with the rapist. What a rape survivor needs of the trusted circle is to patch up the holes in the walls of trust, or, as is sometimes necessary, rebuilding the walls entirely.

Yeah. Carrying stones. If you actually give a damn, boys, you will use them to protect rape survivors. If you're just in this for yourself, you will hope to hurl them at the rapist.

So what're we gonna do 'bout the evil rapist? I don't know. Worry 'bout it later if the cops manage to wreck the case with their baseline bad work. Worry 'bout it later if the prosecutor throws the case like so many of them do. Worry 'bout it later if Justice is banned from Her Home, and Columbia pushed away from the tired and huddled masses in her care.

But until then, wory about what you can do for the survivors in your circles. Sometimes it takes a village to do the right thing. And on those occasions if the question at hand becomes something like this, an inappropriate focus on the priorities and needs of those around the survivors, well, if you can't figure out what you're doing to a rape survivor at that point, there's nothing I can do to help you except, perhaps, intervene and attempt to establish an impassable barrier between you and the survivor.

What I can tell you, brothers, is that in that moment, looking at our mother or daughter, our wife or a friend, or even some person you've never met until it was your turn to show some compassion, the priority is clear, and it isn't about what makes you or us feel better.

Because if it is, all you're really saying to the rape survivors is, "Thanks for giving me a reason to act macho." And, frankly, brothers, in those moments, this isn't about us.

Figure it out.​

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  17. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Lol. His reason was to protect a church, my reason is to protect my knows who doth know everything. And my do's, and my ables. So we can love. Protect our church, THE MIND. They lost there's , time for life to move on from those deathly spirits. I don't think Christianity can be right if there's a Jew to die for his religion. They both need love, and have lost it. So how does the church represent morality?

18. billvon Valued Senior Member

That's right. The Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, under the banner of all things good, moral and right. Your "moral king" who gathers his people for the final battle against evil will have a similar flag. It will have different colors - and probably include "freedom" and "rights" - but it will mean exactly the same thing.
    Well, you just said you'd follow such a leader and kill other people for their orientations. So picture this:
    Your moral king has gathered you and all the good people in the world and commanded you to kill all the evildoers. At that point, how do _you_ represent morality?

19. kx000 Valued Senior Member

If you knew the truth of good and evil and how easy it it, and the truth of able, and knowledge and how literally they can be said. The evil we know on earth is easily comprised of good natures like know, can, and self so we can't just kill it. We have to give our boys exorcist and then gather.

At the point of battle you lost morality, that's why it won't be a fight. We will live, and they will die. And truth will live. Perfection will be born.

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Here here!

21. billvon Valued Senior Member

Again, that sounds remarkably like the speech that Pope Urban II gave to kick off the first of the Crusades.

22. kx000 Valued Senior Member

I'm not familiar. I want to do it as a pacifist. No war, no violence, no transgression... Just us.

23. billvon Valued Senior Member

Ah, OK. So what form would this "final battle over evil" take? Sternly worded editorials?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.