Rapists

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by cluelusshusbund, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

Cosmic Traveler: Castration alone will not prevent an adult male from being a rapist. Removing the penis would be more effective. Since rape is oriented to violence & control than sexual gratification, removing the penis might not be effective. The desire for violence & control might still result in assaults.

BTW: In some cultures, Harem guards were castrated only to make sure that all children born belonged to the sultan, potentate, whatever. They were expected to have sex with the currently less favored of the concubines.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Raymond Registered Member

For me, Life in Prison, but if he killed his victim, he should be punished by torturing him

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

What purpose woud torture serve.???

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

It really serves NO purpose... But, it's a lot of fun.

8. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Yes... revenge is fun.!!!

9. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Vengeance is weak. Only after you have been, and only with rage and anger. Vengeance is cursed.

Find a way to goodlyness, or your not godlyness. And if you can't be good with life, take a hike. Pain doesn't exist.

10. Bells Staff Member

You think torture is fun?

11. kx000 Valued Senior Member

What goes around comes around. What you put out, comes back. Peace, please.

12. billvon Valued Senior Member

I think that sounds like a cool thing to say, but if you were to find yourself wielding the knife I think you'd quickly decide otherwise. Very few people are psychopathic enough to actually enjoy causing other people pain.

13. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

Our criminal justice system should have the goal of protecting future victims rather than vengeance.

When/if behavior modification techniques become reliable, I would go for their use rather than incarceration or execution.

14. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

No, not at all...

I was just blown away by what the noob said .

Was just being sarcastic.

The poster recommended torture, I was only commenting on how so many that aren't even affected by a given crime, would like to see torture doled out.

Nothing more. No need to box me in, Bells.
    I think you know me better than that

15. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Revenge is one of our most primitive instincts. As would be expected for a relic of the Stone Age, it is incompatible with civilization.

It almost always results in the destruction of something or someone, thereby decreasing the total wealth of mankind.

In addition, it often begins (or perpetuates) a cycle of violence that causes a great deal of destruction--perhaps enough to destroy an entire community, or even an entire country. Just look at the Israelis and the Palestinians, or the Ukrainians and the Russians!

16. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Revenge is not so innate. Knowledge is innate, and that's what can lead to vengeance. But vengeance will always be because of a transgression upon our spirit which is highly bad if your trying to be heavenly. You can even do the bad guy with a happy face and moral spirit, but to be hurt and get vengeance is like a chunk out of our souls. Find a way to be good and okay. Because exactly how needs to be perfect or our minds our a bottomless pit.

17. billvon Valued Senior Member

It's pretty innate. We have the built-in capacity to hate, which once served us well. We also have the built-in capacity to direct this towards one person, or group, or family. Again, it served us well back when defending your tribe against another tribe was important. Nowadays those instincts can often cause trouble.

18. Bells Staff Member

And where does the cycle of violence end? How can it ever end? I would never want my rapist to suffer as I have suffered and continue to suffer.

I could never do that or wish that on another human being.

It was a question in response to your comment. So settle. And I don't know you, Gremmie. That fact was made very clear to me recently. But that has nothing to do with this discussion. Good day.

19. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Settle??? Didn't know I was raging...

Thanks for pointing that out.

Are you actually able to conduct your self in a semi civil manner with anyone?

Or, do you always have to play the victim of unwarranted attack?

You accused me of many things, when I first came here. I got over it.

But, if any mod should be demoted, it's you.

You are a true, dyed in the wool, megalomaniac...

You're not always right, but never wrong... Fuck that.

20. Bells Staff Member

Back off. Right now.

I asked you a question, you went off on a tangent and became personal. And now you are raging and being even more personal and offensive. So calm down. It was a simple question and your comment also drew a response from others, but I notice that you don't even bother responding to them as you did to me. No need to blow it out of proportion.

If you have an issue with how I moderate, take it to admin. Otherwise, stop taking threads off topic, bringing up something from years ago that I don't even remember and still trying to drag your issues with me into your posts and responses to me.

Capiche?

21. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

LOL... The victim as usual...

Yes, I will take this up with Administration. Enough is enough...

If I were banned, I doubt many would care, or even notice.

But, if you were gone, I truly believe there would be dancing in the streets.

I have nothing more to say to you Bells...

Let the chips fall where they will.

I'm not taking your bait.

22. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Wow... I get an infraction for my last post?
    You threaten me with a ban?

As I said in my last post, Bells, I will take this up with Admin.
    Hear me this time... I have nothing more to say to you, so do not respond to this post, and I will not read or acknowledge any future PM's... Good day Madam.

23. Bells Staff Member

Sadly it does.

There is a difference between seeking justice for wrong doing and revenge just for the sake of revenge. And advocating torture, like one poster did above, is not about justice, but is revenge for the sake of revenge. And the cycle never stops. We inevitably impart that onto our children and it quite literally, never ends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.