Rape: The Megathread

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Randwolf, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry, I can't find your "dummies version" of the answers to these questions, please enlighten me.

These would be the questions...
    Thanks...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

What? I mean, what?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

The vast majority of points on the list are spot on.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lepustimidus Banned Banned

You must be kidding, James?

I also resent how that feminist copypasta implies that those tactics are only used by men to 'rape' women.

8. lepustimidus Banned Banned

Why don't you woman up, stop posting on the net and go cook your man a big steak with mushrooms while he watches the game? Don't forget to spread your legs like a good little housewife for him afterwards.

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

It's a simple point: no consent = rape.

I find it strange that so many men seem to be too stupid to understand that.

10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

lepustimidus has been banned for 7 days (again!) for misogyny. (And if that isn't enough, also for insulting another member of sciforums.)

Some people are very slow learners.

11. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Funny that sexists such as yourself don't seem to want to ban members who advocate violence against males?

Funny that sexists such as yourself don't seem to want to ban members who proudly flaunt double standards?

12. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

If you see somebody advocating violence, especially against other members of sciforums, please hit the "report" button and I will happily deal with it, angrybellsprout.

13. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

It is also funny that sexist idiots can't seem to tell the difference between geniune sexism (ie orelander) and someone using satire to point out the gross sexism of another (ie lepustimidus).

14. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

15. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

I find it strange that so many liberals seem to be too stupid to understand that in the vast majority of those cases listed in the OP there was no talk of consent, just pushing the feminist mantra that all men are rapists. In fact, quite a few of them talk about getting consent and still being a rapist.

Though I'm sure that you'd agree that if a girl explicitly gives you consent to sex that you are in fact a rapist.

16. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Randwolf unfortunatly no i dont rember which state they were inacted in (or if they were in all states) and i dont have the time to trall through 8 sets of criminal law to find them (thats assuming its writen into the crimes acts). I will TRY to find it latter though

That being said it has apsolutly nothing to do with this, they were inacted because of drink spiking and a case on a cruise ship under the juristiction of the NSW justice system.

The case involved, a women (Dianne Brimble) who was given the date rape drug GHB against her concent, this group of men then procided to rape her and left her to die of an overdose. This lead to outrage (which i agree with BTW) which lead to a change in legislation both to specifically make food and drink tampering a criminal act (even putting an extra shoot into a drink without the persons permission is a crime) AND to alter the laws relating to sexual concent.

The drink spiking laws just out of interest dont discriminate either. So putting pure vodca into the beer the groom is drinking at a bucks night is a criminal act

17. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I find it scary. And more than a bit disturbing. Who wants to run into those guys at a party?
    If my daughter was drunk at a party, could I count on them to make sure she got safely home or would they see this as an opportunity to 'have a bit of fun'.

18. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

found it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Thanks, Asguard. I was just curious, don't fret over it, if it's not readily available that's cool..

This was my main question, so thank you again for answering...

As you should, IMHO. I'm not sure though, should a person face criminal consequenses for "even putting an extra shoot into a drink without the persons permission"? I mean, it's definitely not a good idea, and not something I would condone, but are they really going to prosecute people for adding an extra shot to someone's drink?

This is good - Australia is very progressive. Maybe the rest of the world could learn something. I hope it is not "selectively" enforced, because here in the U.S. women who spike a mans drink with G are mostly joked about. This happened to a friend of mine, admittedly, there was no sexual assault, but the authorities seemed to find it humourous. In any event, thanks again...

20. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

umm orleander, i think you should read part d) "or under any other mistaken belief about the nature of the act induced by fraudulent means"

Ie it IS rape if you sabotase birth control

21. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Randwolf look up, i found the law (at least for NSW)

22. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Depends on the individual person involved. Some people care, others are only interested in what they can get from your daughter's "goods". Best bet is to educate your daughter ahead of time about these dangers. It's not her "responsibility", but at least she can take precautions to lower the chances of her being a victim.

23. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Looks like we are back to the sexist lie that only males have any desire for sex.

It is also coupled with the lie that a few drinks is the same thing as being unconcious, especially when all parties involved have had a few drinks.