Rape Rooms In Iraq

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Gustav, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Gustav Banned Banned

/bolding mine

how cool for the iraqi women
    however, what about our bitches?

lets establish a background....

*Nearly 30 percent of 202 female Vietnam veterans surveyed in 1990 said they experienced a sexual encounter "accompanied by force or threat of force," according to the Congressional Record. And a study of troops in the 1991 Persian Gulf War by Department of Veterans Affairs researchers found that 7 percent of surveyed women reported sexual assaults, while 33 percent reported sexual harassment.

*Women have served greater combat support roles in the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts than ever before, flying fighter jets, serving on patrols and analyzing intelligence data, among other duties. According to a Department of Defense estimate, women represent 10.4 percent of the total forces who were "in theater" between October 2002 and November 2003. A total of 59,742 women have been or are currently serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. link

...then the shit...

*In a startling revelation, the former commander of Abu Ghraib prison testified that Lt. Gen. Ricardo Sanchez, former senior U.S. military commander in Iraq, gave orders to cover up the cause of death for some female American soldiers serving in Iraq. Last week, Col. Janis Karpinski told a panel of judges at the Commission of Inquiry for Crimes against Humanity Committed by the Bush Administration in New York that several women had died of dehydration because they refused to drink liquids late in the day. They were afraid of being assaulted or even raped by male soldiers if they had to use the women's latrine after dark. link

*Female troops serving in the Iraq war are reporting an insidious enemy in their own camps: fellow American soldiers who sexually assault them. At least 37 female service members have sought sexual-trauma counseling and other assistance from civilian rape crisis organizations after returning from war duty in Iraq, Kuwait and other overseas stations, The Denver Post has learned. The women, ranging from enlisted soldiers to officers, have reported poor medical treatment, lack of counseling and incomplete criminal investigations by military officials. Some say they were threatened with punishment after reporting assaults. link

..vaseline and tissues...

*She was stationed with her Fort Lewis, Wash., unit at Camp Udairi, about 15 miles from the Iraqi border, for training before deployment to Iraq. She had just finished guard duty at 2:30 a.m. and was stepping into the latrine on the edge of camp when she was hit on the back of her head and knocked unconscious, she said.

She recalled waking to a man raping her: He had tied her hands with cord, stuffed her underwear into her mouth and wrapped cord around her head, as well. He used a knife to slice off her clothes, cutting her in the process. She was blindfolded. When she began to fight, he threatened to cut open her crotch. He then hit her with an object between the eyes, again knocking her unconscious.

When she awoke, the man, who remains unidentified, had left. Danielle said she ran, naked, bleeding and gagging, into camp. A fellow soldier cut the cords binding her hands and mouth and put his coat around her before waking her commanders. link

mmmm. wonder if she is cute and stuff. tearjerk to this...

*All of our hearts were heavy. .......Where nobody cares whether you live or die as long as you do what you are told and they look good afterwards. Nor could she handle another deployment, dealing with the daily hour-to-hour sexual harassment that she endured from 99% of her male officers and fellow soldiers. The isolation and fear of being attacked, harassed, molested and raped was a huge part of her life in Iraq. She was always full of anxiety and stress just keeping herself safe when her commanding officers would show up banging on her door in the middle of the night, intoxicated and wanting to have sex with her. The intimidation and sexual harassment that our female soldiers are enduring is leading to massive stress and in some cases even death for our military women in Iraq. They are not supported but shamed when they bring these to the attention of their superiors. link

ja
    good going, warmongering haters. so nice to see you guys having some fun in that hellhole

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

you are making fun of women being harrassed and raped.
    you are sick.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Did you also read about female soldiers in Iraq dying from dehydration because they didn't drink enough out of fear of having to go to the latrines in the middle of the night?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gustav Banned Banned

i liked the monkey icon better
    flipping is for kids

8. Gustav Banned Banned

careful, buddy
    as a grizzled old veteran of a thousand wars, i have bent over and had my way with...guys! lottsa them.

9. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

great.
    you are still an insensetive prick.

10. Tali75 Banned Banned

Is this about racist Saddam's rape and torture rooms or about Islamist Idi Amin the terrible in Uganda, or about Arab masters' torture & maming of the poor-slaves in the Sudan, or about everyday's Arab horror regimes' (not only Syria the Monster) cruelty?

11. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

There should be a prostitution corps for the armed services.
    I'm not joking.
    Good clean women for good sticky fun.

One might even consider making it mandatory.
    Ever read Bio of a Space Tyrant by Piers Anthony?

12. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

`
    LoL
    I read Bio of a Space Tyrant... seems like forever & a day ago...

Didn't all the military spacecraft have a section called the "Tail" where troops reported to get their groove thang on a regular basis ?

13. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

While I do not condone rape and support prosecution of the perpetrators to the full extent of the law, the whole thing could be prevented by keeping women out of the military. If they're not getting raped by their fellow soldiers, they will certainly be raped by the enemy.

As far as sexual harrassment, toughen up. We need warriors, not whinning babies filing lawsuits over off-color jokes about pubic hair on coke cans. If a Maxim magazine on someone's desk constitutes a "hostile work environment", how are you going to react to a firefight?

14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Why should sexual harassment be tolerated in the military, when it is not tolerated in the society the military is sworn to protect?

15. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

This sort of argument is frequently put forward. The problem is, I would say that 99% of the people who put forward this argument wouldn’t have the slightest idea of what it takes to be effective in a firefight other than from watching Sly Stallone in the ‘Rambo’ movies. The people who know how to train soldiers so that they react appropriately in firefights are the Armed Forces. If they deem particular behaviors to be unacceptable sexual harassment, then who are nerds posting on Sciforums to disagree?

16. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

My point is that if any job is manly, it's war. Since the dawn of time men have been fighting. War has exerted a strong selective pressure on men down through the milenia. Why do you think men are bigger and stronger then women? Why are men better at reading maps and manipulating objects in three dimensional space? Why do men work together better? Why do they tend to follow a leader so easily?

What was the battle cry in ancient times? "Rape all the women and kill all the men!" Sex and violence are closely linked in our minds, danger makes us horney.

I see no reason to have women in the military, unless we literally run out of men. More to the point of your post, I don't think turning our soldiers into a bunch of sensitive, touchy feely wimps to avoid offending the sensibilities of a few women is worth it. If women must be in the military, they should play by the men's rules. Of course that doesn't include rape.

17. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

I agree, in my view neither the police force or army is suitable for women, and i believe they put male police partners more at risk, women are the weaker sex, perps are aggressive people im all for equal rights, but women are not equal to men in the fighting stakes fullstop, in most cases in the uk women police officers are laughed at by perps, or sexually harrased by them.

Men & women dont compete against eachother in professional sports, because it is not a equal playing field, so why should they in man to man combat, the most dangerous sport of all.

18. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I am not sure how to interpret this statement?!? Are you saying it is ok that US soldiers rape their own female soldiers because it is better to be raped by an american or Iraqi? Or are you saying that women shouldn't be in the army in the first place and they are going to be raped at home by the enemy? No wait...doesn't make sense either. Or do you mean...no...i give up.

And since when is a 'maxim' magazine equal to rape?

19. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Of course it's not OK! But it's predictable. It's not surprising. Mix a few women in with a bunch of horney men and some get raped. It's like mixing the foxes with the chickens. And for no good reason.
    It's not. But among the complaints was sexual harassment.
    I've been to classes on sexual harassment. Maxim magazine, jokes, just basically acting like a guy could be construed as sexual harassment. If 99% of male soldiers sexually harass the females, obviously the coed army is not working. Stop with the social engineering, send the women home.

20. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

america has an "all volunteer" army.
    the women join up because that is what they want to do. if they have heard of these problems and still join, they should be safe.

in america, it is illegal to discriminate based on sex. thats why there are women in the army.
    the military DOES offer a good career to some women. to others, it offers a crappy job where they get shot at. as long as men and women are mixed together in a stressful situation, rape will happen.
    end of story.

21. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Exactly.

22. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

That's why they had to lower the physical fitness standards to get into the army, and the fire departments so that women could join.

That's why there are so many unnecessary fatal shootings by female police officers in the US, because they are incapable of using intermediate force.

The only women soldiers should ever encounter when they're posted in a foreign country, especially in a conflict, is whores.

23. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

we arent talking about physical fitness. we are talking about women being raped. dont try to pass the blame onto legislation.