Rape a wife

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by arauca, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

I want to know what information he had that made it so obvious, otherwise all our discussions are moot.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

why?
    Do you expect all information to be released for every criminal trial so you can double check the jury verdict?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

why?

Do you expect you or me to convict a man for 8 years just basing on judge's verdict? Or we are just blind sheep and believing wherever wind takes us to?
    If anyone in this thread is making a conclusion against this man just because of how they feel, look deep in your heart for prejudice within....without facts no one of us has any right!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Where I live, youreyes, and probably where you live, the standard of proof required for a criminal prosecution is proof beyond reasonable doubt. That is the standard of proof that the judge and/or jury would have required to convict arauca's friend.

In answer to your question:

Yes, that's exactly what I expect. You and I give permission to the legal system of our nation(s) to judge criminal matters. The judges in such cases are, ideally, unbiased arbiters of the law. They look at the facts and legal arguments and decide matters, then pass judgments and hand out sentences on behalf of you and me - the society that appoints them.

8. arauca Banned Banned

No, i did not make it up . the fellow is or was in Canton Il. minimum security.

9. Pantaz Registered Member

In addition, a person has the right to appeal a conviction. If they believe the judge and/or jury incorrectly interpreted evidence, or was biased in their decision, then they can cite that in the appeal.

10. arauca Banned Banned

There was an appeal and the wife changed her position , but it take up to 5 years the case come back to court, so the man have to wait in a prison

11. billvon Valued Senior Member

Based on a jury's verdict, actually. Yes, that's how our system works.

No need to. Judges and juries are much better at that than we are.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

From the link:

33 of the states consider marital rape a lesser crime than other types of rape–typically they charge the attacker with spousal abuse or battery instead of rape.

13. billvon Valued Senior Member

Agreed, but "consent" does not need to mean "explicit verbal consent." Indeed, such consent is rarely given. Which is why communication is so important.

Or -

Man says "let's do it" woman says "OK" and has another few drinks then passes out. He has sex with her anyway. Was consent given?

Same couple meets the next week at a bar, woman passes out again without having that conversation, he has sex with her anyway. Was consent given?

Woman says "pretend you're a robber and I'm home alone" - then yells "no! stop thief!" as the man has sex with her. Was consent given?

14. arauca Banned Banned

If they met in a bar and they went to a room outside of the bar . I is a consent, or must be a concent

15. Balerion Banned Banned

In neither case is the fact that they're married relevant.

16. Balerion Banned Banned

Well that's pretty disgusting. I wasn't aware of that.

17. arauca Banned Banned

Next time write on a paper I want sex , and she have to sign it specifically on sex agreement and the date of the signature , perhaps it should be notarized.

18. billvon Valued Senior Member

It actually does become relevant. That's why I included the second example. In the first example, explicit permission was given. In the second example it was not, but since the woman had previously had sex with the man, and met him again to go drinking, the presumption is that the outcome of the first example was not objectionable to her - and such permission was not withdrawn.

Thus a couple that has been having sex (and married couples generally have sex) have a presumption of permission. It can still, of course, be withdrawn by saying "no" but in those gray areas you mentioned, the presumptive permission becomes very important.

19. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

Please tell me you're not being serious.

Thank God industrialized slavery no longer exists in the western world.

I see that not only you have no social intelligence, you also lack knowledge of the human body and mind.

If this is in America, or anywhere in North America or the majority Europe for that matter, either you or your friend's [ex?]wife have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Five years for an appeal in the case of marital rape? Not a chance in hell. I've seen murderers that have an annual appeal, if not even twice a year.

I'm assuming you forgot a consonant in there. If so, meeting someone at a bar and then leaving the bar together is NOT consent. Where do you get this crap from, seriously?

Between these posts and your very anti-gay posts in other threads, I've determined that you either a) suffer from some form of mental instability - maybe a cognitive disassociation disorder, or b) have never had ANY kind of social interaction outside of the internet.

I have tried my best to understand how someone can have such abnormal societal views. But those are the only two possibilities that I'm able to arrive at.

20. arauca Banned Banned

I can see your bitterness , because of my position on gay marriage , You take things out of content and twisting them to insult me . My views are not your views , there are abnormal to you because I don't agree with them . How often do you talk to inmate in a prison ? because you information is far from truth in illinois.

21. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

I'm not bitter in the slightest. I'm just astounded by your ignorance. Your views are not normal to me, nor normal to the majority of western/modern society.

My mother worked in the Texas prison system, which is far more strict than that of Illinois. She was a drug and alcohol rehab counselor. Any inmate that was found to be on or in the possession of drugs during the time of crime, REGARDLESS of crime, they had to talk to my mom several times a week. Her approval and signature was required by the Third Appeals Court for ANY inmate within her prision to file an appeal, regardless of the crime they committed. And I've heard many times how "it was that time of year again" for such and such inmate to do the appeals process. One guy was convicted of murdering his wife's brother. He appealed every year for eight years before he died. Secondly, I have another relative who has been in and out of jail and prison his entire life. I'm very much aware of the appeals process. If you'd like to challenge me on this, I warmly welcome you.

22. billvon Valued Senior Member

Sure. Or you could just ask. Which do you think is more reasonable?

23. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

arauca:

What did she change her position to? Did she say "I lied in court. He didn't really rape me." Or what?

Consent to going to a hotel or other room outside a bar is not consent to sex. Is this really so difficult for you?

You could do that. Or, as billvon said, you could just ask her and listen to the answer she gives you.

billvon:

It's very hard to argue, in my opinion, that if you have sex with an unconscious person that that person consented to the sex, under any circumstances.

On the face of it, it seems so, but we'd probably need a few more details to be sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.