Rants Forum?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by ConsequentAtheist, Apr 22, 2004.

?

Should there be a "Rants" forum?

Poll closed May 21, 2004.
  1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

It's such a simple task; everybody should know that I can't mess it up. I'm not that mentally challenged.

Besides, I feel that I'd enjoy it more than anybody else.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

Maybe there should be a thread where there are flaming wars. Then the people who aren't stable enough to act normally in a forum can go there and let out some steam. It can be like a Free Thoughts forum on drugs. There should be no mods there either. Just an outright fight! Who will prevail?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. buffys Registered Loser Registered Senior Member

heh, to my surprise I actually agree. If a garbage/recycle thread is made (a great way to move the repetitive rants, especially religious and political) I think it should be no holds barred, give the extremists and newbies a place to REALLY go at it. The endless "Jews and/or Arabs are evil" or "God and/or Science is dead" threads will never .. ever stop.

Why not give'm a place to duke it out while leaving the rest of the forum free of the repetition?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

A flame forum on this website? Ohhhh, I can't wait. Muwhahahahahahhaahha!!!!111one

8. buffys Registered Loser Registered Senior Member

seriously though, flames are an inevitable part of forums. Why not give them a place to go? Most flamers and repeaters don't consider themselves as such, they really think they're making truly original points. Let them have a place to do their thing. I have certainly posted my share of crap but it didn't seem like that to me at the time, I'd have loved a place where I could go to expel the ideas I thought were original.

After a year or so in this forum I understand the complaints about repetitive threads but it takes time here to really get it (at least that was the case for me).

An open place to vent this stuff could only help. If you have passed that point you can just ignore it, that's got to be better than what we have now.

9. Arditezza Banned Banned

I think a rants forum is a good idea, but for the whole forums, and not just the sub-culture one.

How about "Soylent Green" for a name? It somehow seems fitting (and right on the 'Sci' theme)

Police Detective Thorn: I know, Sol, you've told me a hundred times before. People were better, the world was better...

Sol Roth: Ah, people were always lousy. But there was a world, once.

Police Detective Thorn: {chuckles}

Sol Roth: I was there, I can prove it! When I was a kid, you could buy meat anywhere! Eggs they had, real butter! Not this... crap!

10. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

The Cesspool forum has been created. Its primary point is to clear the filth from the main forums (Free Thoughts included). In general, I would not post new threads there. If you really want to behave like a moron, sciforums isn't the place for it. Rather, the moderators have been told to move any offending threads there. This forum will be purged on a regular basis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.