RANT your frustrations HERE! ROOM 101

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Theoryofrelativity, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Some pet peeves:

:- People who ignore me and give no justification. One dude's been doing it to me since St. Patrick's Day.
    :- People who can't comprehend how science works. Too damn many people think science is random, fantastical guess-work.
    :- People who don't get that a theory is different from an observed phenomenon. Don't get me started.
    :- People who can't write English. You went to school, for fuck's sake!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Here's one that occurred to me on the way to work while listening to NPR.

I hate douchebag liberals that are so politically correct that they refuse to admit that a certain attitude which would be deemed politically incorrect is still an important consideration when considering policy. So, instead of actually discussing the truth, they come up with all sorts of illusory tangents that have the same effect yet totally sidestep the issue.

What caused me to consider this?

Three words.
    Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Three more.
    Democratic Presidential Nominee.

See. Here's the thing. The Democrats are all hopped up about 2008 (and seemingly don't really care too much about 2006... go figure) and they're trying to think about who they should nominate for presidential candidate.

Guess what name keeps popping?
    You guessed it. Good old Hillary.

But, say the dems, even though she is a popular possibility. A strong character and all that. Perhaps, just perhaps, she wouldn't be the best choice for nominee because...... the people don't want somebody associated strongly with Washington D.C. politics................................................

WHAT?!

Uh.
    Yeah.
    Right.
    That's the reason. You liberal fucking pussies.
    It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that if you put up a woman fucking candidate, you'd be pretty much handing the election over to the Republicans.... Nah. That couldn't be it... No. That would be... politically incorrect...

Bah!

Note. I'm not making any judgement on the efficacy of a woman president. Merely stating the facts of the matter as I see them. I have no doubt that the time will come when a woman is president. But, I don't think it's likely to be 2008.

Fucking pussies.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

I Hate That I Have No Special Talent That Makes ME GREAT. Anything At All Would Be Good. Seriously, I Wont Complain. Sure Maybe If I Put Years Of Blood Sweat And Tears I Would Find Something That I Can Amaze The World With, But Why Can't Something Just Come Natrually?

Everything I Have Dedicated My Time To That I Have Enjoyed I Have Simply Only Ever Achieved An Ability Higher Than Average But Way Short Of Great.

AND WHY WONT THIS FORUM LET ME TYPE IN ALL CAPS? THAT ANNOYS ME TOO.

OH IT DID THAT TIME. THATS OK THEN... A RANT THAT ACTUALLY ACHIEVED SOMETHING.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Invert, that's what I'm worried about. As great as having a female president would be, the Democratic party would practically commit political suicide if it nominated her. And then we'd have to put up with a Republican again until 2012 – or worse, 2016. *shudders*

And I'm not too politically correct to admit it either.

Another pet peeve I can add to my list: People Who Capitalize Every Word In A Sentence. It's So Hard To Read.

8. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

yeaH whY noT geT creativE anD capitalizE thE lasT letteR oF eacH worD insteaD?

Or HoW aBoUt EvErY oThEr LeTtEr?

Or mAYbe a MORe co PLICated PATTErn?

Oh.
    And Athelwulf, don't worry. The dems are pussies. Not stupid. They'll select someone other than Hillary. They'll just never come out and say it's because she's a woman....

Maybe Jessie Jackson?
    Muaha!

9. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

i'm getting really tired of the "let's pretend we're all homos" thing... it was funny at first but now it got tired... it pisses me off to see some nice threads end up in complete gayness
    that will be all for now

10. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

On a related tangent, girls in school who shout "I LOVE YOU!" at each other across the hallway are so annoying, for a few reasons. One is because they're so fucking loud. Another is because they're taking the words and using them so fucking casually, which takes away the meaning of the words. Another is because only girls can do it and still pass for straight; if a guy shouts "I LOVE YOU!" at another guy, it's usually assumed that they're gay. And finally, it just mocks female homosexuality.

*sigh*

11. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

I hate when people ask you questions and then correct every answer you give them.

That or like the "God is no longer SILET!" Thing that witnessjudgejury put up...he just keeps going and going and going, and no matter what you say to him he never responds. This is a FORUM, you're here to DISCUSS, not PREACH. It goes BOTH WAYS.

12. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

ah, it also annoys me when you are talking to someone and heis constantly going huh?, even htough he heard what you said, out of habit

13. Chatha big brown was screwed up Registered Senior Member

At the moment the only thing I'm most frustrated with is myself, my stupidity has been at an all time high for the last 6 months or so. Maybe this is adulthood setting in?

14. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

People who think that capslock is cruise control for cool - that's what pisses me off.

15. Tnerb Banned Banned

How in the hell do you not be frustrated Kunax?!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Tnerb Banned Banned

Chatha watch out. Stay good, or else... Mystech will slap you. I'm kidding... \

Oh yeah and you're a lucky guesser. How did you know i had capslock down? I wanted to type fast but hadn't an alternative. So.

17. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

else {
    WhyNotJustWriteEverySentenceInCamelCaseAsIfWritingCode?
    }

Here are a few of mine:
    1) I hate the tenure system. It allows totally incompetent people to stand in front of a class under the guise of "teaching." It provides no incentive for improvement or growth, so progress stagnates and is replaced with apathy. These so-called "professors" get paid with my tuition money, and they waste class time that I otherwise could have used for actual learning. It's a straight-up tort.

2)People who use the fuck word in every sentence. How fucking hard is it to think of something a little more fucking intelligent to say? There are many other fucking words you can choose, and it doesn't fucking impress anyone.

18. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

The idiocy of local councils. Seriously, who decided that a historic market town needed a large white shiny bridge? It goes from the train station (fair enough) to the edge of a main road (WTF). For just a few hundred thousand pounds more it could have gone somewhere useful, like OVER THE ROAD and into town. It does not fit the surrounding architecture at all, and they're supposed to be protecting that! They also widened (and paved, badly, so that old people trip up and weeds grow between the cracks) the pavements in the secondary high street, which got rid of parking, which got rid of customers, which closed 4 shops. They even put bollards there to negate the extra space on the pavements (which was unneccesary anyway). They also planted trees, in pots (again, large wooden bullshit ones which do not fit the surroundings and cost needless amounts of money), without protective fences OUTSIDE A PUB. What did they think was going to happen, honestly? Needless to say, now there are no trees.

19. crazyfreespirit "Custom User Title" Registered Senior Member

I really hate people who forget what you did for them. There's been so many people I've helped out, and been friendly with when nobody else liked them or talked to them. Then all of a sudden they get confidance and NEVER SPEAK TO ME AGIAN! Its great they feel better now, but they don't need to start acting like they're better than me.

Another thing that bugs me is the stereotype about teenagers, esspacially more "alternative" looking ones. I go out for a walk and people stare at me like I'm going to attack them. I go into a store and I get watched by the owner. This wouldn't bug me so much, but none of this happens when I'm dressed like a prep.

20. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

People who start threads, saying something like " I have taken it upon myself to do what no man has done before me and attempt to unravel the human mind" when a bazzillion men for a bazillion yrs have been doing just that.

21. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Ok, here's my rant. You know what's worse than encountering a pedant?

Being a pedant.

Think about it. If a normal person meets a pedant, they can punch them in the face and run away. But when a pedant meets another pedant, even if they agreed with each other about every possible thing, the moment one says something, the other will question small details in the first's statement, then the first will question small details in the second's questions, and on and on...

In my more pedantic moods, I think if I were to build a time machine on thursday and go back to wednesday I'd be able to argue with myself. Indefinitely, or at least until the mood wore off.

On second thoughts then, there is something worse than being a pedant. Being a pedant with a time machine. Thank goodness they haven't been invented

22. Possumking I think, I am? Registered Senior Member

<B>I hate popped collars.</B> --Especially pink shirts with popped collars.

Real men wear pink? <B>BULLSHIT</B>. Insecure dousche bags who like to pretend they're real men wear pink, while at the same time every 3rd word out of their mouths is 'fag.'

And wtf is with the popped collar? I should start carrying a fucking shotgun. I have some dousches to pop.

----------------------------

--->WHOOOO that felt good.

23. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I hate it when people use fictitious terms such as bazillion....

Well. If you like to fight, wearing pink is (or used to be... before it became trendy) a good way to get into lots of fights.