Rammstein

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Thor, Jul 13, 2002.

1. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Hello there.
    I've started this thread to find out if anyone else here likes my favourite band of all time, RAMMSTEIN
    I want to know what your favourite songs are, what your worst songs are, favourite album, favourite person, worst person, if you've seen them live and why you like them

Mine are:
    Favourite Songs: 1 - Links 2,3,4
    2 - Laichenhalle
    3 - Heirate Mich
    4 - Zwitter
    5 - Laichzeit
    Worst songs: 1 - Seeman
    2 - Thats it really
    Favourite album: Mutter
    Favourite Person: Richard (He started the band + he's cool

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Worst Person: Flake
    Live?: Yes, Dockland Arena, London
    Why you like them: They are completely unique soundwise. They're the only band who can give me an instant adrenaline rush and, well, they're great.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2002
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Congrats Bartok Fiend Registered Senior Member

I've heard them mentioned here before- exactly what type of rock are they?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

They are a German, supposedlly 'industrial' metal band with some techno, orchestrial hint to it. Anyway, they're great.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

uhm...

They don't take their own group serious. They have an act with a giant dildo and milk. They use Nazi footage and symbols. They are a mockery of industrial music. They are not unique soundwise. Listen to Ministry and all other metal-industrial mergers.

I like the Lost Highway contribution.

Have you heard the beatles, the stones, the doors, pink floyd, ...? It is hard to understand how one could vote them best band ever.

8. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

RAMMSTEIN is one of my very favourite also.
    favourite songs->
    1. sonne (the video is awsome)
    2. links 2 3 4
    3. engel
    4. du hast
    5. stripped

I like german versions better to the english ones.

9. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

i would say Rammstein is gothic metal.
    I like Du hast and die faust but thats all ive heard.

10. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Thanks for replying.

First things first.
    A - They do sound unique, Ministry sound remotely similar and if you actually sit down and listen to every single song like I have, you'd see the differences straight away. If Rammstein and Ministry sound alike, shouldn't I like both bands? I'm not to big on ministry, I only like their guitars.
    B - Stripped is good, not a Rammstein original, but good
    C - They do take themselves seriuosly. They are very into their music. The shows they put on are to entertain. I don't think in the slightest that they failed.
    D - They don't use Nazi footage. They use historic footage. I believe that U2, NIN and many other famous bands did the same thing. They just include a few Nazi's here and there, so did Saving Private Ryan. Are you going to have a go at Steven Speilberg about that. One of their songs (Links 2,3,4) is about marching. Now, what did the German soldiers in WW2 do a lot of...you in the back there...marching, yes, thank you.
    E - Yes, theres an E. I didn't even mention that they are the best band ever. Did anyone else. Its down to personal opinion. I hate the Beatles, The Doors and Pink Floyd. You sound excatly like someone I know, a certain Joseph R. He says the same things. I have a huntch that you and he are the same. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    F - Du Hast is good. Have you heard the Techno Remix
    G - God I'm passionate aboput Rammstein...can you tell?

11. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

I only use one name and never the one you mentioned.

12. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

How about Joe. Well it you can't be the person I know, you speak French.

13. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

So... if we all were to vote for our favourite bands ever, wouldn't you vote for Rammstein?

14. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Yes I would vote for them, but I didn't say that they are the best band on Earth. Rammstein wouldn't even get into the top ten best bands on Earth. In my personal opinion, I think that Ramms+ein are my favourite band of all time. Someone like the (crappy) beatles would get it, definatly not Ramms+ein. Its all this prejudice thats going around. Even you A4Ever showed some prejudice towards Ramms+ein.

15. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

Didn't I first look and then judge?

16. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

i dont get this argument, you are arguing something completely pointless. Rammstein are certainly not the most popular band and i'm sure they are not the most original band out there. Most people wouldnt even know Rammstein - This is why the "'crappy beatles'" would be voted best band ever - not because they are predudice! We all have opinons on whos our favorite band, why cant we just leave it at that - although, i dont see it possible to have a favourite band ever because simply there are so many music varietys and bands that you cannot hear them all, in my opinion it would be closed minded to vote a band the best band ever.

17. polyarch Registered Senior Member

Ho, and H...die Faust was never a song by Rammstein.

and I...like them not because of "Du Hast". At first I thought it was horribly scheiss but I wasn't one to judge by just one song, so I tried others and today I have all three of their albums (and many more).

But Thor, we are too much into this crazy band for them to understand all of this, aren't we?

18. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

whatever dude, it makes no difference to me. to be honest i will still be able to get a good nights sleep knowing that out there, there are people that follow blindly one band.

19. polyarch Registered Senior Member

Megaherz, Tanzwut, Oomph, Die Arzte, Schweisser, Die Toten Hosen, Twelve After Elf, Einsturzende Neubauten, Zombiejoe, Lacrimosa, Die Krupps, Weissglut, Laibach, Joachim Witt, Knorkator, Herzer...maybe you should try these as well...some of my favourites

I detest most American music...not lively enough.

20. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I like Megaherz. And we're not crazy for following one band. It shows our dedacation.

Anyway, I'm also a big fan of the following:
    Static - X
    Karmic Jera
    Megaherz
    The Rollins Band
    Metallica
    M. Manson
    Gun 'n Rose
    Slayer

Rammstein are the best though (my best)

21. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

You forgot :Wumpscut: there

22. polyarch Registered Senior Member

well those were just SOME of my favourites. I also forgot Funker Vogt...oh the execution tracks...

23. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I just got the Resident Evil soundtrack today. I only got it for Rammstein: Halleluja. I've got it on my PC, I wanted it on CD and was willing to pay £12 for. Stupid ain't I. But its one of my fav songs.