Quotes to remember

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by wegs, Jul 22, 2019.

1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

“It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”
    ― Carl Sagan

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

Agreed

8. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

“When a toxic person can no longer control you, they will try to control how others see you. The misinformation will feel unfair, but stay above it, trusting that other people will eventually see the truth just like you did.”
    - Jill Blakeway

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

“The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theory, is that conspiracy theorists believe in a conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it is actually chaotic. The truth is that it is not The Iluminati, or The Jewish Banking Conspiracy, or the Gray Alien Theory.

The truth is far more frightening - Nobody is in control.

The world is rudderless.”
    ― Alan Moore

Magical Realist likes this.
  10. river

The World has No Rudder , Agreed . No Rudder they can Trust .

Trust Matters .

But what the simple people need to understand is that , knowledge matters .

11. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

“Conspiracy theories like Qanon make dumb people feel smart, because they think they're privy to secret information.”
    ― Oliver Markus Malloy

12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

“One further warning to all of my intrepid readers out there: Bill knows at least three people, who know two other people, whose friend’s brother’s son was diagnosed with Autism after receiving a vaccination for measles. DO NOT VACCINATE YOUR CHILDREN. Do not trust ‘doctors’ or ‘experts.’ They are agents of the deep state. Two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar everyday and you will be able to avoid the medical establishment all together.”
    ― Simon Brass, Lamentations on the Nothingness of Being

13. river

Agreed

14. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

15. river

Be Informed People .

16. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

17. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Whatever Sagan's personal views were about cannabis were dmoe, he was a great educator.You need to accept that which I'm sure you do. But like Albert, he was sometimes wrong also.

18. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

"I tore myself away from the safe comfort of certainties through my love for truth - and truth rewarded me." ― Simone de Beauvoir

19. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

"The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference".
    Richard Dawkins:

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

"The chances of each of us coming into existence are infinitesimally small, and even though we shall all die some day, we should count ourselves fantastically lucky to get our decades in the sun".

Richard Dawkins:

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

“In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.”
    ― Carl Sagan

22. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

“I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But as much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking.”
    Carl Sagan, Billions & Billions: Thoughts on Life and Death at the Brink of the Millennium

23. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

...Quotes to remember...

Thread Topic : Quotes to remember

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    paddoboy likes this.