quiver while urinating..

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Veselin Andreev, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Veselin Andreev Registered Member

can someone reply why do we quiver ...while urinating..?:shrug:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

what do you mean 'we'?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I don't quiver, sounds like a problem of the basal ganglia and/or cerebellum.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

I don't quiver either; however, maybe you were born with essential tremor that manifests itself somewhere amongst the complete body muscle contractions while peeing? Perhaps you simply have small stabilizer muscles?

8. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

its the cold breeze when we expose our thingy..
    (and why is this here in general science?)

9. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

It's got to do with heat leaving the body.

Oddly the French have a specific word for it.... Frissons or something.

10. Ellie Banned Banned

I like the quiver. I think its funny, especially when i am at a urinal and make a loud noise like. And the others at the urinal must think..."yep, he just got it." Maybe some dont quiver, thats too bad.

For me it starts lower body and travels up to my head then down my arms, shooting out my finger tips.

11. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

You are right Squirrel, should be in the Health forum, unless it is just trolling. Then I guess it doesn't matter.

12. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

The one I wear while pissing looks like this:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Pretty much guarantees no one uses the urinal next to me.

13. drumbeat Registered Senior Member

It doesn't happen often, but it happened all the time as a kid when we camped out and were cold. We called it the judders. Also happens sometimes when drunk.

14. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

If they walked in and saw you wearing that, the more nervous of bladder might not need to use the urinal at all after that...their body would just make some more immediate arrangements.

15. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Oh! So that's why the Sutherland Brothers always turn up when I go!

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

This is a really interesting question.

I think that it applies only to men, but I'm not sure about that.

Moreover, it doesn't happen to every man, but it does happen to many. I'd estimate that at least 50% of men have this happen at least some of the time.

I don't know the reason for it. And I'd like to know. I suspect the answer is out there on the interwebs somewhere.

17. Pineal Banned Banned

I am glad you posted. I thought the responses were rather odd and even, if kindly meant, harsh. Have people really not heard about this phenomenon even if they haven't experienced it?

Every man I have every talked to has known about the piss shudder, shiver, quake. As far as I can remember most had experienced it.

It feels like the nerve cells near the opening of the urethra are 'tickled'. I put this in citation marks since that is not quite it and the shiver does not happen there, but it seems, in me at least, to somehow be set off by this sensation there.

18. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

A name has been coined for this occurrence which is also experienced by a minority of women.

19. Ellie Banned Banned

"The SNS tends to keep the bladder relaxed and the urethral sphincter contracted. This is why one does not have an "accident" while one is concentrating on something else. It is true to say that the more "desperate" one becomes in response to a bulging bladder, the more the SNS acts to keep you dry."

I think that is the answer is right there. If you ask people when it happens it is my belief they will tell you it happens after holding in urine for a longer than usual time.

20. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Yep, my friend once said his dick was so big he has trouble with the quiver making him pee all over the place like an out of control fire hose.

I told him I just rest mine in the bowl like every other guy.....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!