Questioning is driving me insane!

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Agent@5, Jun 7, 2002.

1. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

Do you have any idea how metaphysical that is?

*lol*

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

sccuuuuuusee mmeeee Mr 'Ol-Skool', YOU HAVE NO IDEA A FAST MY BRAIN IS WORKING!!! over time I tells ya! but what i say is some osrt of conclusion to my thoughts! But what do I always tell you? Me = right ,you = wrong! lol

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

n All I am doing is showing you another perspective... if I agreed with you all the time then we would live a very narrow life.....

ps... if he starts anything stupid in here... for the record, I dont know him

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Protozoa Registered Senior Member

I dont feel it frustrating... on the contrary I like it. When I come up with an answer Im rewarded with new things to contemplate and new things to spend my time on

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

The older I get, the less I know about more things ...

Take care

8. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

I spose its a challenge i taunt myself with

9. orthogonal Registered Senior Member

Greetings Ol-Skool,

Welcome to the Forum.

You wrote:
    I'm confused by what you mean by this statement. Are you saying there is no objective right or wrong, that murder, for example, is only wrong if I personally feel it's wrong? If George W. feels that it's right to launch an ICBM attack on Iraq, must we sit back and say, "Well, he was only doing what he thinks is right"? If you are saying this, then I disagree with you.

Or, are you only saying that ethical principles are not etched in stone, and that the world external to human thought contains only is, and not ought? If you're saying this, then I agree with you.

Or, did you actually mean something else by your statement?

Michael

Last edited: Jun 16, 2002
  10. Ol-Skool Registered Senior Member

Hey Michael how u doing?

Firstly most definately i agree with you whole heartedly! Murder and crime to me and i hope most people is 'wrong' but what proves that it is actually wrong? You see there is no way of proving to me that something is right or wrong, just by morals, feelings and the most part your consciousness.

Its all about what society has told you is right or wrong. I know its a very hectic subject... But if someone goes and Kills a person for murdering his family, is that right? Or is he just falling to the murderers level of 'inhumanity'.

So basically let me take this post back to my statement that i posted and explain it like this:

Being right or wrong is a personal attribute. I feel there is not a universal set of rules one must follow that determines what is right or wrong. It is all how you have been taught growing up in your own type of society and i guess in most places in the world religion is a big contributing factor. If your family is group of bikies who had you as a mistake and are bringing you up on the road, are you not going to think moraly different to a child brought up going to church every sunday, with the childs parents being practicing christians? I know im sterotyping but its just an example

Ethical principles are definately not etched in stone and i guess that is the main point i agree with and relate to my "right or wrong" statement.

Last point i want to note is, Laws are there for a reason and on the whole they do work quite well in western society but it also most definately has its flaws. What they outline is right or wrong, doesnt always mean its for the better of the general public.

Andy!

11. ~The_Chosen~ Registered Senior Member

Just change your perspective on things. Instead look at it in a way that "wow I am learning more and more each day."

Something of that deviation.

12. Agent@5 Registered Senior Member

Miss Hoover, my cats breath smells like cats food.

~WHat SHould ONe DO WIth their KNowledge?~