Purest H2O

Discussion in 'Chemistry' started by lixluke, Jun 7, 2006.

1. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

A: I've got more of a mind than you.
    B: No I've got more of a mind than than you.
    A: No I've got more of a mind than than you.
    B: No I've got more of a mind than than you.

Circular toddler argument.
    Please refrain from mindless prekindergarten methods of deduction.

I understna dthis and I understand that.
    Irrelevant.
    Either
    X is healthy
    or
    X is unhealthy.

You're expert understanding or lack thereof will not change the degree of health of X.

I don't have to insult them. They insult themselves by joining the armed forces.
    Or I guess you are unaware that take money to use weapons againts humans is unethical. There are 2 major unethical methods of livelyhood. Anything involved with weapons. Selling poisons.
    Violence is after all, the antithesis of creativity.

Wrong.

In other words in order for something to be healthy it has to contain minirals.
    Therefore, consume minirals without the H2O.
    Afterall, how can it be healthy if it has no minirals?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

But why the need to drink the pure H20 in the firt place, seeing as it does you no good?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. przyk squishy Valued Senior Member

Because it's pure, duh.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Yes. It does you good. Water is important for the human body. We do not drink water to absorb the minirals from the wate. We drink the water to absorb the H2O.

8. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Yes, but you can do both at the same time for cheaper, so why bother with the pure stuff?

9. przyk squishy Valued Senior Member

Especially given the hazards involved. Why does everyone keep forgetting osmosis? Drinking distilled water may not kill, but it'll certainly reduce the blood's ability to carry oxygen around.

10. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Because there is still much speculation around these unconfirmed theories.

11. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Why doesn't collection of vapor yield pure water?

12. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Do you understand the process of diffusion, that is, the movement of molecules from an area of high concentration to an area of low concentration to make all areas equal in concentration?

13. przyk squishy Valued Senior Member

Not among scientists. Osmosis is well understood and is taught in highschool level biology classes. There's also a reason students are constantly reminded not to drink the distilled water provided during school labs.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
  14. spacemansteve Not enough brain space Registered Senior Member

Pure skill:

Very childish of you... Back your argument with facts please, because what part of Healthy Eating, Healthy Living is wrong for you? Also, i don't proclaim that i can fix the health of people, that is up to the individuals choice, however i do know what is right and clearly you don't. You've got this unhealthy obsessive desire to drink something that clearly doesn't do you as good as you think. Why drink pure water without minerals when:
    1. You need minerals
    2. You need water
    3. You can combine the two for cheaper

Also mate, unless you serve in the Armed forces don't talk to me about what is right and wrong. Its people like you that i will never protect in the event of a war. There are hostile people out there that want to change your way of life in a violent way, and personally, i wouldn't be too concerned if i saw you on Al Jazeera getting your head cut off

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Have a good one mate, because as far as i'm concerned your not worth debating with, clearly you don't accept reasonable argument from myself or the others here in this forum that are trying to offer you HEALTHY advice.
    Enjoy life

P.S. The Osmosis thing, is fact... take the time to look it up on google and you'll find the info you need. Have a good one

15. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

No. I know what is right and you do not.
    Circular mindless kindertarten paradigm seems to be all you are capable of.

Purifying water costs more.

I do not need to be in the armed forces to discuss right and wrong.
    In fact, I probably would be less qualified if I were a mindless soldier getting livelyhood in an organization of violence.

I wouldn't see how a person that upholds violence would have any concern for violent acts. The decapitation of a human being's head and any other form of violence would is something of great concern for myself.
    And yes, a violent act against the person decapitating the victims head makes you no different from the person.

Tantrum.
    Not relevant to anything.

16. Tyler N. Registered Senior Member

exactly

17. Roman Banned Banned

Can your body even absorb the minerals dissolved in water?

18. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I would assume... you absorb caffeine and sugar from Coke... the salt in ketchup.

19. Roman Banned Banned

But those are different sorts of minerals. Sugar and caffeine are both organic molecules. There are also many different types of salt. We happen to readily absorb and use NaCl. But I don't think we could get iron by eating a magnet or rust, or get calcium by eating talc.

20. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I think the minerals and such that the body uses is transported and used in a water environment... I believe the brain is 85% water, and water is needed to move sodium and potassium around... same with the calcium and such in the brain.

21. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Yes, that's the point. Just drink mineral water and bang, you've saved yourself the money and time needed to purify the water AND the hassle of taking mineral supplements.

22. przyk squishy Valued Senior Member

We are walking blobs of impure water. We need to be purified. Let human distillations begin!

23. przyk squishy Valued Senior Member

Not that you were addressing me, but compare with:

A: Why do you drink pure water?
    B: Because it's pure.
    A: But why is it better to drink pure water?
    B: Because it's pure.
    A: But why is pure better?
    B: Because pure means it has no contaminants in it.
    A: Yes, I know the definition of pure, but why is it better?
    B: You wouldn't eat a dirty apple would you? [as if dirty and impure were the same thing]