Psychosis ~What is it?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Quantum Quack, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Gustav Banned Banned

1260 replies!

/intrigued

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cyperium I'm always me Valued Senior Member

To have a lucid dream is not to find that the dream has a significant relevance to reality. It's rather that the dream is unveiled and we understand that it is a dream. Normally when we dream we don't understand that it is a dream, but sometimes the dream does NOT match reality and we take notice and understand that it is a dream, where we thereafter are free to do what we want in the setup the dream has made (allthough the setup of the dream might change so that we loose the insight that it is a dream).

I had many lucid dreams when I was younger (I wrote down my dreams alot, and I think that might have something to do with it) so I know what I'm talking about here, we understand that it is a dream when the dream mismatches reality or what we deem rational (at the point of perspective of the dream). Sometimes we can also lucid dream because the dream have a characteristic of dreams that we recognise.

Most dreams are scrambled in one way or another, but it allways make some kind of sense, it allways have meaning (at least one "piece" at a time).

So I wouldn't call dreams a state of psychosis.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

There would be traceable points/pathological footsteps to find out what caused this distortion/change..
    This is a link to 'the problems with defining psychosis' dementia praecox(schizophrenia)...freud/jung...
    tis quite long, but quite interesting
    http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:... FOOTSTEPS PSYCHOSIS&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=7&gl=uk

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

I think the person would show symptons first,then would be classed as having Psychosis or Neurosis (see link previous post}

LOL.....

8. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

Unless the person did not realise they had a dream, in this case the 'Dream' would become a memory, and over time would be ingrained as a factual event, leading to impairment of reality and psychosis.

9. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

isn't that schizophrenia.....?

10. Tnerb Banned Banned

No, it isn't schizophrenia,
    and yes, my guess is I closed this thread with my final statement.

But it isn't schizophrenia, to elaborate, because many people experience loss of contacts with what is considered their proper level of reality or their proper reality to put it straight. They simply flat out don't understand, that (you, that is) people experience losses of reality durring school, durring any time of their lives; and eventually something bad can happen with a person such as this (me in case).

Simply because someone experiences wave strengths and pulls does not mean that the person is schizophrenic.
    Anyone can experience such things.
    QQ is edging on the verge of insanity by posing questions beyond what psychosis actually is, and that is the bottom line.

11. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I guess in some circles it would be considered as possibly one of the reasons for diagnosis, however the term Schizphrenia is extremely vague and of no value to the patient regarding therapy or recovery. So if we assume the standard practice then yes it could be considered as a part of diagnosis or symptoms. [ causation]

However the medical profession has yet to determine the reality of this condition themselves and is still struggling with providing adequate care.

The point I was trying to make before Sisyphus so arrogantly states he has closed this thread, was that when a persons body and mind is overwhelmed with sensory data he/she struggles to maintain coherant thought and decisions. With fatigue onset the persons ability to self restrain his imagination [thus paranoia onset] becomes very much weakened thus leading to abberant thought and behaviour. [ a loss of self restraint]

The fatigue of over stimulation can be horrendous and as most of the sensory data the patient is describing is denied reality as it is considered as delusion or illusion his grip on the truth of his own sensory ability deteriorates.
    Thus he will not trust his senses as he is constantly being told that they are lying. Thus paranoia sets in and usually with out learning to trust his senses his condition becomes chronic and usually not receptive to normal therapy.

It is restoring the trust in the senses by giving his experience validitity that helps the patient the most according to my own expereince.

As the patient will often complain of data that indicates psychic pheno his experience is debunked as delusional. To be honest psychic pheno has not been scientifically proven but to be even more honest psychic pheno has not been disproven either except by debunking unsupportable claims. [ this does not in itself disprove anything except that the claiment is not able to prove his experience.]
    It is my opinion and personal truth that society itself is generating psychosis and schizophrenia by denying the person the truth of his experience and instilling grave fears within that person for his sanity when in fact this may not be at risk but irrational behaviour and thought due to over stimulation may be or is.

So sisyphus, I ask you :
    1/ Why wont the thread close like you want it too?
    2/ Are you aware that every one has the same power as you do and the majority in this case subject to mod approval of course wish the thread to stay open...

12. Tnerb Banned Banned

Ok, nice post. I see psychosis is now understood by you.
    Why didn't you just say so.
    Obviously there is more to it than meets the eye in your case.
    Yes, by the means that psychosis is defined and understood as psychosis the thread was closed by me, and it was not arragant for me to say it that way, either, now was it.

The thread won't close like I want it to because you are having some issue with what is beyond psychosis, which would probably be another thread, something like, "Psychosis~ What is it" .... haha.

2/ Are you aware that every one has the same power as you do and the majority in this case subject to mod approval of course wish the thread to stay open...
    Hah.
    Everyone has the same power that I do,...... when was I told differently? Hmmm........

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I'll have to think about that one.
    As far as the thread staying open:

Sure. Keep the damn thread open.
    See what I care.
    You can discuss .... let's see... what was it again?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Keep at it, it will be interesting to watch some defination to "psychosis" "evolve" into a more "understood" meaning of psychosis... perhaps not meaning. More like, a more understood category.
    Approval.
    Knowledge of what psychosis is.
    Can you finish this for me, or am I too arragant for you to speak to?

13. Cyperium I'm always me Valued Senior Member

Yes, but not because they don't realise they had a dream (that happens to all of us all the time), but because fantasy in general is mixed up with reality, which do not only apply to dreams but random thought and trivialities as well, also fear and anxiety (which would then manifest itself upon reality - perhaps leading to paranoia).

14. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

actually Sisyphus maybe you would honour the board by again describing your definition of what psychosis is?

15. Tnerb Banned Banned

More than likly improper behavior, in adequate behavior, imprecise habbits, things of this nature which determine psychotic symptoms. Nothing less.

However if you can counterpart this then we would have an accurate thread; without this we have absolutely nothing.

16. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

But I thought schizophrenia "could" be brought on with an overload of information, to much information for the mind to cope with at once...hence

the trauma could cause/could be schizophrenia as it is "confused"...a person with psychosis has acepted a perception which he is "convinced" is correct.

17. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

I think the problem with that is expense I think that in cases like these even though there is the constant of something potentialy wrong in all suspected cases, the solution's are all individual, no two experiences are the same no solution is the same.

I think mental exhaustion is a major factor for when the body is exhausted the mind can will it on, yet with the mind is exhausted the body does not have the will (yet the ego of the individual will deny this) 'Catatonic state'.. Under a constant state of influence/input, when there is a 'Glitch' which you cannot put into its proper (for simplistic's sake) 1 or 0 catagory,
    What you end up with is a focus on this 'Glitch/Trigger' and the influx of information does not cease yet the focus is on the 'G/T' with this backlog all the non-focused thought builds up an there is leakages into the focused problem or the 'Cause'.....I hope that makes sense

I agree with your premise....

18. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

So they would not know the difference between the 'Dream World' and the accepted norm for 'Reality' or concious state

19. Tnerb Banned Banned

Self delusion?

When I have stated exactly why the thread should be closed?

More like an ego.

Keep in mind that Sisyphus is the dude who was subject to endless torture/suffering/etc; and this is precisely what I had in mind when creating sisyphus; not only that but the story behind the myth is supposed to be inspiring.

And what the helll are you talking about anyway.
    I was right with my defination. And yes, it is a manefestation of such traits or desires as I had said. Your link is basically the same thing. You will find similar things said t hroughout the whole essay.

That made some sense.
    Be careful agreeing with QQs claims, you will get yourself into tons of trouble, trust me... Irregardless I have had extensive experience with (my version of the sisyphus) suffering; and so, I understand psychosis pretty well if I may say so.

That was an interesting analysis; I bet QQ'll like it.

20. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Pinocchio's Hoof,
    I think what you are saying here is fairly well said and clear.
    I agree that the mind tends to tunnel to the "syntax error" causing the person to invest an inordinate amount of time and energy into solving it.
    It is however made impossible if society denies the reality of the cause of the syntax error, and that being the denial of the persons sensory truth.

i.e.
    patient: "I am sure that I sensed the thoughts of another person inside my head"
    doctor: "This is a delusion and considered as a halucination"
    Patient: "But I am sure I sensed the thoughts of another person inside my head"
    Society: "The doctor is right, listen to him"
    Patient: "So I didn't sense what I sensed?"
    Doctor: "No you only imagined you did"

So suddenly the patient is questioning the validity of all he senses which consumes an awful amount of time and energy and fear that his reality is all a delusion creeps in. Paranoia manifests in his thoughts and behaviours and society is blaming his imagination for that as well.

You can see I think quite clearly how easy it is for someone to be driven quite dysfunctional in this manner.

Exhaustion leads inevitably to hospital admission or the court house for serious crime.

21. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Explanation of Sisyphus and QQ bun fight.
    Sisyphus is upset because I will not do as he arrogantly demands me to do. And so he has gone from supportive to flaming purely out of frustration. In that the "power to command" that he feels he has is not delivering the results he expects and wants.

I am reminded of an old song with the title:
    "You can't always get what you want"
    I see this as a test of tolerance and forebearance and look forward to him revealing his psychosis or delusion more thoroughly.

22. Tnerb Banned Banned

:roflmao:

`

23. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

you will note that sisyphus has now been dis-empowered. Hopefully the author or real person will be empowered instead.

Sisyphus this is what I mean by checkmate!