Pseudoscience Moderator Voting - Second Try

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by goofyfish, May 6, 2004.

?

Who Should Moderate Pseudoscience?

Poll closed May 20, 2004.
  1. Dr Lou Natic

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  2. Stryderunknown

22 vote(s)
    44.9%
  3. Persol

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
  4. sargentlard

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  5. SkinWalker

14 vote(s)
    28.6%
  6. Votorx

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  7. None Of The Above

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

LOL good one Rappaccini, I think your broke his balls there!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

By the way where did you, VRob and zonabi, get the idea that stryderunknown would be a better moderator for you guys?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

I can remember an occasion where stryder was the one making a false claim about holographic technology... although I suspect he'd still deny it is false... it was (as far as I can tell) an isolated event.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. VRob Registered Senior Member

Websters Definition: "To expose the Sham or Falseness"

Well, when something HASN'T been proven, or disproven, how can its falseness be exposed??

Oh, that's right, we can't travel at the necessary speeds, so it simply can't be done. :bugeye:

No, in the context of this subject, dubunking is having a preconceived idea, and doing anything you can to discredit the subject. If you don't know this, then you don't know much about the subject.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

I wonder if you actually read the threads. It's not sying that it can't be done, but that you have no reason to assume that it can be done.

Have a look around pseudoscience and parapsy. There are plenty of threads which nobody tries to debunk. Do you know why? They:
    a) have a point/topic
    b) don't make unfounded assumptions
    c) actually DISCUSS the topic

Perhaps... just perhaps... you need to consider what it is you want to say, and if it is actually supported. If not, so say. Don't pretend like you have 'the answer' when you obviously don't.

8. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Only two people voted for me including me. Tis sad indeed. Vote for me...come on....come onnnnnn....Comeeeeeee Onnnnnnnnnnn huh..huh..

9. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Come on sarge... you have to do better than begging

10. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

VRob,
    your a sham, we debunk you, end of discusion.

To bad I can’t use a second name to vote, luckily I have moral values…

its called being afraid of the mods/adms wrath.

11. VRob Registered Senior Member

Another preconceived notion.

I have never claimed to have any answers. Only questions.

I joined this site around the turn of the year, and initially the pseudoscience area was a well spoken place to discuss ideas and topics. Over the past few months, it has turned into a cespool. Sure there are plenty of topics that have no basis in fact, and offer little evidence. I generally stay away from them. However, there have been many credible topics brought up that have been attacked and ridiculed with as poor a logic as the far-out topics.

Topics such as the Belgian case. Bentwaters, Credible Witnesses who wish to speak to congress, Pilot reports, NASA sighting(Not the rocks!), and yes, even Roswell.

The debunkers on this board will go to any length to discredit and mock any subject that goes against their preconceived beliefs. For this reason, I haven't visited this site very often lately. Why am I hear now? I don't know. Maybe to try and save it from the absolute doom that would occur if one of you well-known, admitted Debunkers was to take over.

12. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Like? God knows I am not going to PM people to ask for their vote, nor am I going to discuss my moderating goals in detail because well...it is commen sense. There are no scerets or horribly complex ways to moderate a forum filled with curious and enthusiastic people who simply need to be told better.

Yeah I don't post there but geez I really don't feel like responding to the same question 30 different times dressed up in 30 different ways. It gets old fast you know. I suppose I could be there to simply amuse myself from the absurdity of others but I'd like to think the moderators here expect us to moderate ourselves and reflect upon our own behavior.

So vote for me....come onnnnnn....come onnnn huh huh...come onnnn.

13. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Well of the above I have only pointed out problems with a few:
    Credible Witnesses who wish to speak to congress - however the site doing this hasn't removed information which has been demonstrated to be false, which doesn't give me much confidence in it. Furthermore, we don't actually have a list of 'credible witness'... let alone the 'top brass' that were promised in the thread. Hacking in to the site one discovers that the list is far less impressive then it is made out to be.
    Pilot reports - This and 'radar sightings' have been beaten to death. There are some situations where pilots have witnessed things truely unique. Unfortunately nobody has recently posted about any of these. Moreover the recent posts assume that the pilots are completely infallible and are good judges of speed/distance. Both the pilot and the radar sightings involve this speed/distance problem.
    NASA sighting - Luckily we only have one rock kook

I'm not sure what other nasa sightings you mean
    Roswell - another one which has been beat into the ground. The story given by the ETI proponents is internally inconstistent, doesn't follow any form of logic, and refuses to give the 'proof' which people claim to have.
    Well here's the deal. If you see poor logic, POINT IT OUT. The threads listed above simply resorted to ignoring and trying to post over and over.

14. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

So there is a god! Order has been brought to the world, be it this very very small virtual part of it that is.

lets talk about preconceived beliefs: VRob why do you come here?, oh ya to spout of stuff about how aliens are visiting regularly, and then put down anyone that disagrees with you, that sound like you have some preconceived beliefs!

15. VRob Registered Senior Member

Fetus,

The collabortating evidence is convincing enough that there is something being concealed. Unless you're aware of this 'collaborating evidence', I wouldn't expect you to understand.

16. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

convincing enough to you. Now if you forgive me I need sleep, I got a appointment tonight to have aliens shove thing up my butt.

17. 2inquisitive The Devil is in the details Registered Senior Member

by VRob:
    "However, there have been many credible topics brought up that have been attacked and ridiculed with as poor a logic as the far-out topics."
    =========================================================

by Persol:
    "Well here's the deal. If you see poor logic, POINT IT OUT."
    ============================================================

by Fetus:
    " Now if you forgive me I need sleep, I got a appointment tonight to have aliens shove thing up my butt."
    ========================================================

ANYTHING to do with UFOs or UAPs is often treated with such ridicule, by several
    members who call themselves skeptics. True skepticism is one thing, ridicule and name
    calling is something else. If one professes a willingness to be open to the POSSIBILITY
    of UFOs representing something other than planes, baloons, planets or clouds, they
    are often insulted by being called 'UFO nutters', uneducated and ignorant. That is a
    problem.

18. crazymikey Open-minded Scientist Registered Senior Member

Riiight.

Goofyfish, this poll is completely wrong, you might as well have had Q and fluid in the list. No one wanted Votorx, Persol, Skinwalker to be the moderator.

I can't believe you would even put them in the list, they are the most fanatical of all skeptics. Skinwalker has said UFO/ETI is bullshit, and so is research of it. Votorx, has insulted us all as gullible fanatics because we believe in aliens, and Persol, has the brain capacity of a turkey.

I think you have insulted the really deserving people like: Stryderunknown and Sargentlard, by putting these clowns alongside them. This poll should be closed. It's horribly biassed, and damn right stupid.

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

You can count on my vote.

20. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

Democracy is "damn right stupid"? Crazymikey, I was absolutely thrilled when you promised to leave this forum, but now my heart sinks everytime I still see you around.

21. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

why aren't you running? i want to vote for you!

22. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

I did make a comment about the former but in another context. Also, I've supported the idea of researching UFO/ETI as long as strict scientific methodologies are utilized. I even gave praise to the Hesseldeen Project in Norway for it's efforts.

Regardless, my personal opinion about UFO/ETI would have little to do with my decisions in moderating. In my opinion, they're two separate entities and I have no problem disagreeing with someone I don't edit/moderate and agreeing with someone whom I do edit or moderate a post of. To be honest, I'd have moderated more of Q's and Persol's posts than your own, though there were some clear moments in which I would have moderated yours as well. Hell, I'd have moderated my own on a few occasions.

Don't get all bent out of shape if a "skeptic" gets the job... it doesn't mean that they'll delete all your posts.

23. crazymikey Open-minded Scientist Registered Senior Member

Skinwalker,

You sound like a politician trying to deceive people into voting for you. However, you have undone your credibility already. You are quite shameless in promoting yourself; you have pompously bragged about how many votes you got thus far, irrespective, that most of them are from the same band of trolls that degrade the discussion quality of the pseudoscience forum, including yourself.

You have already voiced how you would moderate the pseudoscience forums, by asking for deleting and closing of threads that do not accord with your "scientific" method. You asked for the closing and deleting of "Proof for ETI" which has been by far the best thread the psuedoscience forum has ever had, with tons of information and arguments and activity, which sadly have been degraded with endless ad hom attacks by yourself and the other trolls.

You have outright called the research of Aliens and UFO's bullshit, and its proponents fanatics and cultists, even to the extent of openly condemning the whole area as bullshit.

So how are you objective and impartial, as you are so desperately trying to show people here? In fact you are the most fanatical of people discussing this subject.

And your warped notions of, everything should be discussed by the scientific method? The forum is called "pseudoscience" it was made to discuss matters that do not conform with the accepted scientific methods.

It is highly insulting to all members that discuss in psuedoscience, as well as people like syryderunknown and sargentlard, who are the only members on that list, that have demonstrated objectivity, tolerance for others views, and maturity, for people like skinwalker, persol, votorx to mentioned on that poll.

It is also highly unfair and ridiculous, that these people have been singled out to moderate the forums, when they are exactly those people who are causing trouble in those forum.

This poll is nothing more than a popularity contest, with incredibly biassed selections by a biassed modreator(who did not choose phologistician, because phlo complained about him) and with all trouble makers voting for each other and possibly with multiple accounts. You might as well just choose the moderator you want like the dictatorship that this forum is.

Why is it that so many of the people in charge here, are prejudiced, immature, black-hearted, or enjoy attacking others or acting like gods? How is this an open-government, when you just do what you want too. It basically boils down to this: If you're in the mods and admin's good books, you're fine, otherwise you're not. A total hoax of a forum.

The terms here, are near identical to what the Nazi's did to the Jews, and I am not even exaggerating.

1. All the crackpots and pseudoscientists or basically anyone that does not conform with our methods of "science" should be insulted, because they are sub-scientists anyway.

- NAZI: All jews should be treated sub-human, because they are jews.

2. All crackpots and psuedoscientists should be condemened to there own crackpot forum. They are not allowed to discuss anywhere else, because they are sub-scientists

- NAZI: All jews should be placed in their own city, and the city bordered up, so they can't talk to humans. Let them perish there.

3. All crackpots and psuedoscientists should be condemened, and their posts deleted, unless they conform with our scientific methods.

- NAZI: All jews are sub-human, so we can treat them like the shit they are.

This is what is happening at this forum. All we "crackpots"(jews) want, is to discuss matters beyond current accepted science, and that is exactly what the forum was created for, so we are only asking for what the forum's been made for. Yet, you(NAZI) won't even let us have that. Unlike the jews, there are hundreds of places on the web us do to what want too, so it's you who are going to lose. If you treat us like this, the people who liven up your forums, we are just going to go elsewhere, and already many people have left or have cut down posting here, that also includes prospective members, who just see the forum and and leave.

If you want a good forum, you do good things. You are the ones losing in the end.

Last edited: May 7, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.