prove to me that god is real

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by dansufc, Apr 9, 2005.

1. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

No one has ever seen or experienced any gods. Can you see how both your assertion and mine are unsustainable in regards to showing proof?

Many have done such, for years, and have seen and heard absolutely nothing. Why would a god refuse to make himself known to those who seek him?

He refuses to show himself irregardless of arrogance.

Those who make claims that gods exist should read other books.

That goes back to the very tired argument that one can go through their entire life doing nothing to ever harm another person intentionally, yet spend an eternity in hell simply because they don't believe in YOUR god, while others who intentionally do harm to others merely need to confess their sins and find a comfy lazy-boy right next to YOUR god.

Again, read other books.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

oops and half a second after posting that my aol crashed, he's cross...wot more proof do you need?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Student of Yoga Registered Senior Member

Read my post on Religion and God

8. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

*correction* Dream analysis is not science at all.

Favourite sentence:

"Pay attention to choices coming up that involve numbers, number 7 is your lucky number! If you have a choice, pick it!"

Lol.

My advice to your 'customers'. Save the £2.99 and buy that sandwich instead.

9. lightgigantic Banned Banned

How do you propose to prove something of any complexity (regardless whether it is religious or in the realm of science) to a person who is not qualified to know nor are they interested in being qualified - Like suppose I am just a beer guzzling couch potato who rants "those eggheads in university don't know nuthin" - how would you propose to prove to me the existence of electrons?

10. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

11. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't. Why bother? But if you propose to make a religion out of electron worship, and then dictate public policy and morals around this religion, then you had better have some proof for the existence of electrons that can be demonstrated to those making the policy and moral decisions. Of course there is evidence for electrons (as we define them). Lots of it. As for proving it to you - what a waste of time.

12. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

There's two seperate cases here. In the case of someone whom is not qualified to understand, the solution is to educate them. In the U.S. students appear to understand what electrons are before highschool.

In the case where the person has no desire to understand or is outright anti-understanding then that person should be allowed to remain ignorant because it's one less person whom is going to compete for a job requiring knowledge of electrons.

13. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Exactly - if a person is adverse to even beginning the primary steps of understanding a field of knowledge - and as for religion people have their grudges against the social bodies that represent god as opposed to god himself.

14. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Ignorance is bliss

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Or suffering and death.

Rather than cramming "facts" down our childrens throats, why don't we teach our children how to think critically and use reason to understand their world? It might save a bunch of debating about what constitutes proof and such.

16. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Amen brother luminal.

17. Rickie Registered Member

That goes back to the very tired argument that one can go through their entire life doing nothing to ever harm another person intentionally, yet spend an eternity in hell simply because they don't believe in YOUR god, while others who intentionally do harm to others merely need to confess their sins and find a comfy lazy-boy right next to YOUR god.

to have ur sins forgivin, it's not as simple as just saying "hey god i did some bad stuff, forgive me will ya". and people who think that if they ask for forgiveness and then go right back out and do the same thing are mistaken to think that they would be forgiven.

Again, read other books.[/QUOTE]

I believe in god and christ. i've believe in the bible. i don't read a whole lot, but i've watched science programs on tv about the earth and the universe and space. i've watched programs about evolution. i've listened to their explainations about the origins of the universe, life etc, and all that would go through my head is how can u not believe in god?
    ok, i can sort of understand if someone don't believe in a certain religion, but not to believe in a creator? that just baffles me. when u sit back and really look at how fragile life is and how so many things on earth revolve around the existance of life, and without them life wouldn't be here (air, gravity, plants, water, just to name the obivious) and i'm pretty sure that i read somewhere that even earthquakes play a part in the existence in life, without them we wouldn't be here. when u consider the fact that no computer or machine of any kind is anywhere near how complex the human body is. no computer hard/software in the world has as much info in it as dna, and it's all suppose to be by fluke? as far as i'm concerned, anyone with any common sence or logic can see that there has to be something, a creator/god that made it all.

18. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Another theist classic: Argument from Personal Incredulity.

19. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Could be a combination of that and cum hoc ergo propter hoc.

20. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Like the atheist argument is any different?

21. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

What's the atheist argument?

22. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

That god can't possibly exist becuase as of yet we have no contemporary evidence.

It is just another apeal to incredulity. It's all they have and one day it will be taken away.

23. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

That's wrong for a start.

gods can exist, as can hairy invisible leprechauns, but there is currently no evidence to suggest they do.

Hope that has helped.