Prototype of a flying machine with flapping wing

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by hansda, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MRC_Hans Skeptic Registered Senior Member

Really? I can see some of the difficulties, but to say it is impossible....
    I do suppose it is inherently difficult to get a sufficient glide ratio.

Hans

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. hansda Valued Senior Member

I wanted to obtain patent for this invention.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hansda Valued Senior Member

Can you explain the flapping mechanism used there? I think the flapping mechanism which i invented, may also work for the paragliders.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hansda Valued Senior Member

My invention is published in a patent journal.

8. hansda Valued Senior Member

9. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

Congratulations for being published. A patent doesn't circumvent physics though.

Here's a question...even if you could, with modern materials and energy sources, get it to actually propel itself without the aid of updrafts or a headwind, who can you possibly market it to, since its efficiency will fall far below conventional solid wing/propeller design? Great for toys, but for the aviation world, who will even look twice at it?

10. phlogistician Banned Banned

Given Leonardo Da Vinci sketched out plans for a man powered ornithopter in 1490, there is other pre-existing work, we even had a guy start a a thread here at SF:

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?109391-Building-a-semi-human-powered-flying-device

Who then went on to fake a video of his 'device' flying because he couldn't make it work, what novel method or innovation do you think you have to get a full patent? The abstract on your link has rather limited information.

11. hansda Valued Senior Member

Thanks.

My design is based on Physics only. Its a very simple flapping mechanism, though in a prototype stage.

This flapping mechanism can be attached with a paraglider or other wing-forms can be attached with it to generate Lift and Thrust.

This mode of flying may have more maneuverability, which is cost effective and may not need any runway for takeoff and landing.

12. hansda Valued Senior Member

I submitted my design to the Patent Office, with its prototype drawing.

I dont know, why they published only the abstract portion and not the full paper along with the drawing.

There must be some novelty in my design, otherwise why they should publish it in their journal.

13. phlogistician Banned Banned

Here's the thing with Patents, you should know the novelty, because you should have searched for all related patents in the genre before submission. I don't read anything novel in the abstract. If you think you are covered by a patent, please share the drawings here.

14. hansda Valued Senior Member

I was not knowing the Patent Rules well. I thought perhaps my Patent application is rejected. So, i did not follow it up further. But later on(much later) , I found that my patent application is published in their journal.

I am of the opinion that, if it is not accepted; why it should be published in their journal. They must have searched before publishing it.

15. phlogistician Banned Banned

Do you think you have actually been granted a patent? Do you have a Patent Number? I'm not so sure you have one,... I think that web site offers patent searches, you have an application number, but not a Patent number?

16. hansda Valued Senior Member

I havent yet got the patent for my invention.

I dont have a patent number. Only my application is published in the Patent Office Journal.

You are right, the link which i provided is a patent related website but they have taken the data from original Patent Office database. Original site can be seen here http://164.100.176.38/patentsearch/...onNumber.aspx?application_number=861/MUM/2003 .

17. hansda Valued Senior Member

This invention(flapping mechanism) also can be used in water.

18. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

Water is not the same as air.

If you had a working prototype you could test this and see.

19. hansda Valued Senior Member

I agree , water and air are different. But the same flapping mechanism(my invention) can be used in both the cases only wing/surface part will differ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.