Proteins

Discussion in 'Chemistry' started by timojin, Oct 22, 2015.

1. timojin Valued Senior Member

I heard an expression that proteins change with aging in our body. Any comment

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. origin Trump is the best argument against a democracy. Valued Senior Member

As we age protein synthesis decreases.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. timojin Valued Senior Member

I agree. To synthesise a protein it have to go through unfolding the DNA and so it means that one telomer have to be shortened and so the synthesis in number probably will decrease ?

Thinking in term of skin . since the skin have a low turn over and at the same time is exposed to UV and oxidation from oxygen exposure , some crosslinking of collagen might take place.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. origin Trump is the best argument against a democracy. Valued Senior Member

I guess, if you say so....

Got me. My daughter has a degree in Molecular Genetics, I however do not know shit about biology and am not really that interested in the nitty-gritty aspects of it.

8. John Connellan Valued Senior Member

Skin has quite a high turnover rate for understandable reasons. Epidermal cells are replaced every 20 days or so.

9. timojin Valued Senior Member

Thank you for your input which made me look for more information . Interesting nervous cells and lens cell are for life time
    Body cell turn over.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. kilao Registered Member

The chemicals such as lanolin, may change these numbers. Hope so

11. timojin Valued Senior Member

Change the number of what ?