Proposal: That sex without consent is always rape.

Discussion in 'Formal debates' started by James R, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. draqon Banned Banned

sexist war never sleeps...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

maybe thats why we all do it at night

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

angrybellsprout:

I have offered to negotiate regarding the participants and the topic of this debate.

IF you think the topic phrasing is unfair and needs to be changed, please suggest an alternative topic that you would be willing to debate instead.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

What's AFK?

Do you wish to participate in a debate on the above topic, or not?

Do you wish to debate an alternative, similar topic of your own wording?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

why would you assume im kissing up to someone who i just ripped through.

I have no problem switching sides of a debate dependent on the cirumstances, used to do it all the time. Comes from trying to stay in the middle when arguing with radical feminsts and radical sexist males or trying to teach tolerance to radical athiasts and fundimentilist christans

i am the eternal fence sitter

8. Kadark Banned Banned

First of all, I certainly don't want to "gather supporters". If such is the case, count me out; WWE-esque three man tag-team matchups aren't really my "thing". Besides, organizing that would be painstakingly difficult. That aside, I'm certainly not afraid to debate you, James. Aren't we in the thick of a debate in another thread? Seriously, what a stupid statement to make. If I were to engage myself in a formal debate, it would assuredly be a debate dealing with an issue that interests or intrigues me. Arguing as to what constitutes rape is not high on my list, as my one-liners in the thread would indicate. If you could at least display which aspects of my posts you disagreed with, then perhaps we would have something to work with. As of now, I'm a little confused as to what you're vehemently disagreeing with.

Kadark the Pursuer

9. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Why not have the topic be something along the lines of, no matter if both implicit and explicit consent are given you are still a rapist in alcohol was involved?

10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

angrybellsprout:

Just so we're clear, do you agree with the statement: "Sex without consent is always rape?"

A simple "yes" from you and I will happily stop pestering you to debate this topic.

11. draqon Banned Banned

this rape thing...how do we know in court who is lying and who is not. I mean what if she did say yes, but then realized it would be inconvinient for her to be associated with him so she said to court that she declined to have sex with her...she lied...but the sperm is still on her so he is accountable for sex with her...and he will thus go to jail. Thats what bugs me in this whole thing the most.

12. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

draqon we arnt debating the guilt or inocents of a case, we are debating a PRINCIPLE

13. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

This is true...

14. draqon Banned Banned

well I mean I would like agree that sex without consent is a rape...but the "always" part...you just got to think of all the possibilities to go that far.

15. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I agree.....it's the word ALWAYS...

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Kadark:

I'd agree to a one-on-one debate, if you prefer that.

Not at all. That is why I have specifically set out proposed debate rules in advance. No effort from you is required in the organisation. A simple agreement to debate is sufficient.

I have found that many people run away from a formal debate, when they are very willing to toss random opinions about in the other subforums.

A debate with rules means you have to stand by your views. You can't wriggle out or claim you said something else at a later date.

But don't worry. I understand your reluctance.

You express your homophobia and your dismissal of women over and over again in thread after thread. You're being ingenuous, to say the least. I think my initial assessment was correct.

I am in disagreement with every item you checked on the poll list that I posted. Let's start there.

ABS:

Ok. What would your proposed topic be, exactly? Please provide some exact wording.

17. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Away from keyboard, as in not watching what is going on at SF.

Can you read, dude? I am not going to debate something that I do not believe in. Sex against someone's will is rape. Non concensual sex is rape. I defy you to find a post of mine that says otherwise.

Perhaps.

18. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Better yet, why don't you find a post where I have stated otherwise, instead of constantly using strawmen?

19. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I also have an issue of who we are talking about....

Are we talking about 2 strangers? or a husband and wife? because I think that
    also brings up more questions as to what is ALWAYS rape or not.

20. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

what if the topic, is all killing people murder. Now the ovious answer is no but put that aside for a second. What your saying is like arguing "no because there is a possablity that an inocent person could be tried for a murder'. Thats not an argument against the STATEMENT that all killing is murder, thats an argumeht that our legal system SUCKS

Do you see what i mean?

21. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Randwolf:

Ok. Just so we're clear, I ask you the same thing I asked ABS:

Do you agree with the statement "That sex without consent is always rape."

A simple "yes" from you and I will happily stop pestering you to debate this topic.
    ----

Edit to add: Just saw your post above.

That's fine. I withdraw my challenge to you.

My challenge to ABS and Kadark stands.

22. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

It's all good Asguard. I was just blindsided by all this, and noticed your immediate acquiesence to James R side, which isn't even applicable. He's making this shit up as he goes. Cite a post James, that shows that I advocate nonconsensual sex.

23. Kadark Banned Banned

Eat a dick, James.

Okay, with that off my chest: find the posts you're disagreeing with. And for the love of God, stop bringing up homosexuality into every topic we argue. What is it with you and homosexuality?

Creep.

Kadark the Determined

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.