Proposal: Ban "Undecided" from WE&P for one week

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by EI_Sparks, Jan 20, 2004.

?

Ban "Undecided" from WE&P for one week

Poll closed Jan 24, 2004.
  1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    70.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

How is your quoted text applicable to the conversation? How do you surmise that you "have to" debate against anyone? How do you think your words fit the definition of a 'debate'.

Oh and if you wouldn't mind adding "flamer" to the list of assertions which you should back up with logic/reasoning/arguments (at least something to justify the claim besides the claim itself), I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Undecided Banned Banned

Let's take a look at the troller and the passive agressive one here shall we:

This is Wes' objective:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

This is my reaction:

Notice that the only taking wes seriously, is wes. The funniest thing is this folks he will flash his pseudo-righteous crusade against me (which is an ad hom), as an argument. Sadly he think I actually give a shit...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Nah I just think you're a jerk and you keep talking shit so I keep asking you to back it up and you keep on jerking on.

As you wish.

Oh and I have a sweet sense of humor, it's just that I saw no indicators that you were attempting humor.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

The more of this thread I read, the more I wish I'd voted yes.

8. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

LOL maybe we should try the first "I'm banning that ass" official 'do over'.

*giggle*

9. Undecided Banned Banned

Wes the only one here is actually wasting his time quoting, and thinking he's arguments are relevant is yourself. I don't think you can get past the mirror, because you aren't talking to anyone else. That is the funniest thing about you, which I will never understand. Why do you insist on trolling, do you get some sick pleasure? Well the ball is entirely within your court, because I ain't catching it.

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Actually, Persol, our neighbor Undecided is quite the intelligent and useful poster when people aren't giving him loads of useless crap.

11. Undecided Banned Banned

Thank you tiassa, the my newest thread is testamount to that:

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=32423

I don't even understand why Persol would even say that but neither at this point do I nessecarily care. Tiassa and the other 18 ppl who voted no, don't let these trolls sway you, notice they are on a fatwah against me. It's not going to work, look at wes' demanor, and mine. Notice the difference?

12. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Don't you think it would be wise to avoid another confrontation at this time tiassa (between you and I)? I have no qualms with you at this time and do not feel like the battle. I ask you to please butt out.

13. Undecided Banned Banned

Irony wes, real irony: I ask you to please butt out.

compared to:

How I utilize my time is my business.

Remember? Hypocrisy yes...

14. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Well, I'll take your word for it. The point I was attemping to get across (which seems to not have made it) is that Undecided isn't helping his case any by his posts in this thread.

15. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

That is truly flabbergasting to me, since your demeanor is IMO, detestable.

16. Undecided Banned Banned

Exactly the problem, “in your opinion”, which no one asked, and the person that matters (me) necessarily doesn’t care for. Thus keep your fatwa to yourself please, I know you will insist on pursuing this to your own detriment.

17. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

LOL, you didn't notice the thread title either eh?

18. Undecided Banned Banned

The thread title was simplisitic:

Ban "Undecided" from WE&P for one week

Which in all your posts have neglected to mention, you are just here to attack. I'm actually looking foward to the time when the mirror breaks wes, the allegory of the cave in reverse, all you see is yourself.

19. Undecided Banned Banned

At this time as well I would like to extend my apologies to Sparks for calling him a pussy bitch.

20. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Persol's comments might contradict you if you actually had to capacity to see what has happened here. You have exposed yourself and made your own case for being banned. I didn't realize you'd do that.

Your repeated apparent lies about your identity prompted my initial post. Note that I don't care about your identity, but that you would persistently lie about it and libel other members of the community based on your lie. IMO, that warrants that you be called out.

Perhaps I'm incorrect about your identity, but you have clearly demonstrated your ilk.

21. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Finally, a crisis of conscience?

Well, if you are sincere that is mature and commendable. I doubt your sincerity. I think you've maybe just realized what you've done now play politics in an attempt to "save your reputation". I hope I'm wrong.

22. Undecided Banned Banned

Do other sci forum members see to what I was referring to? He is attacking me for no warranted reason. He is simply following the lead of those who I was referring to earlier whose sole purpose in threads is to combat me. I don't know what he is talking about lies, and I am not who he thinks I am. Of course he knows since he is omnipotent correct? I am ilk? Interesting tact in lieu of the former conversation. Ask yourself the question wes, whom here is the one attacking who? I am not even putting up a defense to your ad hom fatwa. That is what is obviously getting up right up the wall, and digressing further into the mirror (cave). The more you post the more you sound irate, and you are just proving you are here simply for one thing:

To attack.

23. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

This is, perhaps, the outright stupidest argument I've ever heard.

Sciforums is a discussion board. Undecided, or anybody else, is perfectly welcome to discuss with the air around them. But inasmuch as one debates or discusses around here, the idea of "have to" is an unfortunate result of the available participation.

Why do people leap from the particuar to the general only for political purposes?

It's just that the leap is functionally inappropriate, in that it intentionally forsakes the observable limitations of the situation to the point that once again the alternative is to never post at Sciforums.

A number of our recent ugly arguments around Sciforums have had much to do with petty provocateurism, when people let their need to prod someone else to frustration interfere with any viable use of this board's resources.

I'm not about to ask Undecided to leave this board to the corrupt and silly. Rather, the petty provocateurs need to reconsider their priorities.

What is it about passion and integrity of principles that people find so frightening?

Dealing with people at the intellectual and personal level they request, prefer, or outright demand is apparently quite problematic around here. People need to demand higher standards of themselves as well as the people around them.

Ask nothing of others that you would not be prepared to undertake yourself.

Please, please, please don't give me a reason to start quoting Michael Jackson songs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.