Propaganda is everywhere!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Pollux V, Sep 15, 2001.

1. kmguru Staff Member

Pointing fingers at the minimum wage airport security guards is the wrong direction. The CIA, FBI tracked these terrorists but they could not talk to each other with a $20 billion per year budget. And you think, these guards could have done better? We have the technology TODAY to collect the movements of any suspect anywhere in USA. It will cost only $200 million dollars by a private company or $10 billion by government. But it is here, now. All the government need to do is ask.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

yes and no....

i understand where you are coming from, and it is a good point.. however, if the sg's were doing their job, then why is it that they are arresting ppl now, and not before. (not that EVRYONE should be arrested.. im not saying that at all). but what is the difference? NOW they feel they should be careful. AFTER its too late. because they never took things seriously. and i think its sad that it takes such a tragedy for ppl to realise just how much they hold in their hands.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

It is like this. In a small town, people usually leave their doors unlocked or garage door open. If there is a rash of burglaries, then people become careful. On the other hand, in big cities, people have 5 dead bolts on their door and key cards to get into offices.

We as a society did not think, humans will do such things. Now we know better. For greater good, these brainwashed people should be reprogrammed or eliminated - your choice.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Most security gaurds have powers of detaining, not arresting. They are only security gaurds and not police. There is a difference. It is not up to the security guards to sift through and find the guilty unless they comitt some act before the guards eyes. This was not a failing of the guards. Put the blame where it rests, on our intellegence network and its operatives.

8. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Sorry guys I've been having some internet problems at my home, thats why I haven't been really present at sciforums for the past couple of days. I'm using a comp at the school right now...looking over my shoulder etc.
    Anyway, nightfall I love your pic thingy, I forget what they're called, but anyway I'll respond to what you've said.
    Afghanistan is not a small country, and its troops have held off every invasion attempted upon it since the time of Alexander the Great. It has a powerful, well trained army that will be a challenge for our troops. I fear that US generals are thinking that they'll fight like the Iraqi's and give up for food and water, but because they're actually defending their countries interests (and interests of the soldiers themselves-terrorism etc.) valiantly. As we've seen they aren't afraid to commit suicide for their beliefs.
    We've all probably heard Bush saying this will be a long war, and with only four years to go before I'm eighteen, and my lack of enthusiasm for the military commanders and the US government as a whole (not the FBI though-they kick ass, I don't care what anyone says) has contributed to my fear but sometimes want to be part of history and be thrown into the meat grinder. If you've been watching the news you've probably heard that generals and commanders don't really know how to go about the oncoming war. I doubt that whatever we do that terrorism will live on and continue to kill millions of innocent people, as will the US and Britain, in a circle of violence that will not end.
    Okay. First I wanna know where you got the information regarding the amount of greenhouse gasses we put into the air as opposed to a volcanoe, first off because not all volcanoes erupt with the same sized explosionm, some are big some are small. Have you heard the stories of all the people in cape cod that contract a single form of skin cancer, and that cape cod is on the recieiving end of all of the smog from New York and Florida. The flow of greenhouse gasses does not cease for even a second, its infinite, rather than a volcanoe which spews gasses only once every couple o' hundred years. I've never heard stories of people contracting skin cancer after a volcanic explosion. Thats what we're pumping into the atmosphere, thats whats affecting EVERYONE on Earth (at different intensifications) and its going unchecked by our government, which is the number one producer of greenhouse gasses (I think the figure is 4 billion tons a year of CO2). The companies put this asshole that is our president into their backpocket to ensure that their great-to-the-twentieth-power children live like kings. If they're alive then anyway and the Earth hasn't been turned into another Venus.
    Which brings up another theory of mine. I used to think that Venus once held an ancient advanced civilization that went through the same process as us, pumping gas into the atmosphere and regarding it as a natural cycle the Earth was going through until it was too late to save the planet. The species died, and all evidence of their technology was melted into metal rivers. Would you like that to happen? Take a look at Venus, then take a look at Earth. A millenia from now (maybe, I dunno) we'll have two superhot planets in the Solar System, and the human race, if its advanced enough, will have to live elswhere, like Mars or Europa. How does THAT sound?

pretty cool actually.

9. kmguru Staff Member

Hello Shrike:

In order to get the right facts and figures and understand the greenhouse gases, volcanos and our ecosystem, I suggest you to take up chemical engineering. Then, you will have a better understanding as to how much, humans produce, how much other animals and volcanos produce, how much your forests and trees absorb (based on factors in photosynthesis) etc. Then you will have a better idea, what is happening.

The numbers you get from internet depends on who is calculating the numbers with what bias. There are a lot of fudge factors. For example: how do you calculate how many cows on the planet? Did someone actually go out and count? You need that number to calculate the amount of bovine gas released to the atmosphere. Suppose there are 2 billion cows on the planet. Now, you need to find an avarage amout, one cow produces per day. If you underestimate, the number multipled by 2 billion could be way off. And so it goes on.

10. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

It's Propoganda-to an extent-but like I said: It's EVERYWHERE!!!
    I'm proud of this thread. It kicks ass that it went so far.

11. kmguru Staff Member

How true. I am glad you like my post. Thanks

12. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

i stand corrected.....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

but....

if these ppl were so smart.. why didn't they come to earth?

BTW: thank you about the av. im thinkng about getting a new one though... in the real pic.. you can tell its her hand there... but the small version looks like a black dot on her face. LOL

13. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Shrike is right you know.
    It is bush who stopped America from being 'member' of the Kyoto-Convention.
    Not necessary he thinks.
    I dislike bush terribly, he has sneaky eyes.

No, bombing Afghanistan and I don't know whatever they are going to bomb more.
    You know what damage it is to the Earth?
    All that d**n wars, I hate it so...

Every war, every where on Earth.
    Most of them, religeous...
    I rest my case.
    Bye.

14. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Well shrike's back, we sorted out all our internet problemos so I'm back online etcetera etcetera.

Nightfall;
    Ya never know, maybe WE'RE venusians.

Thanks Banshee for the comment. Was a nice thing to say. I agree.

15. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Banshee
    "No, bombing Afghanistan and I don't know whatever they are going to bomb more. "

Looks like your wrong we just started bombing them.

16. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

duh

... i told y'all within the next week we'd without a doubt, no question about it be bombing afg. (i think i said prolly thursday) but fif ya listen to me? nooo....

and no.... we cant be Venusians....
    if they were highly intelligent (i mean, they had to ATLEAST) get here......... we'd be much farther ahead technologically.

..unless they saw their previous problem, and swore off all techonolgy, and then farther down the road, everyone forgot, and nature took its course.... lol..

damn.. ive never had a solid opinion in my life.

17. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

When I wrote my reply there was no attack on Afghanistan yet.
    I disagree with these attacks.
    I hate this, it escalates, don't you see.
    This is terrible!!!
    And then you are proud of this bombing?
    Great!!!
    Be proud of your government that started bombing, be proud.
    The same to the English.
    That Blair is trying to become bushes pet dog...
    Man, what a slime that Blair.
    So and now the Netherlands may join the party.
    Happy we.
    Long Live War.
    Not??
    Dumb people, who are they hurting now?
    Bin Laden?
    No, innocent people, just like the terrorists did.
    So we lower ourselves to the level of the terrorists and kill too.
    Ok, it won't be stopped any way.
    It is not to stop any more.
    I know you are angry of what happened on september 11.
    I am angry about that too, but more I am so sad it happened.
    It brings me to tears to think of that day, when on tv was shown how people jumped out of the buildings, in fear, hoping to find a way out, just because there was no other way.
    What do my tears help then?
    Nothing.
    What does this bombing help then?
    Nothing...
    The people are dead, nothing can bring them back, nothing.
    PLease let this not escalate into a very, very ugly war...

18. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

We are not bombing Afhghanistan we are bombing terrorist, why do you think that by night we bomb them and by day we give them hummanitarian aid. Were trying to show the people of that country that we are the good guys and that we only want to kill Osama. And i didn't say I was proud of the bombings, but guess what you were right anyways. We have every right to, and we shall use that right to the fullest extent. And yes to answer any question I am a nut ball and do own a hand gun, so when your out of food and come to my house after they drop "the bomb" don't come and knock on my door. Better yet there have been reports of Antrax this morning in Florida, not just one man a old folks home is what i heard. And entire old folks home and they said that there was a powered like residue, well this does it for america we basically screwed ourselves. But one last thing before I go, if they did release antrhax over there and I get sick from it, Im going to go over there and give Osama a big hug and see how he likes it.

19. tmegeney Registered Senior Member

Whoa Banshee,
    I just read your post about Tony Blair trying to be Bush's pet dog, and I must disagree. If anything its the other way around. Bush is going out of his way to appease Blair. Tony Blair is an extremely respected world figure and Bush is new to the scene. Bush needs Blair to build respectibility for himself on the world stage.

Not that Blair needed a lot of convinving. The UK has lived with terrorism for hundreds of years and was on the US side from the start.

20. Captain Canada Stranger in Town Registered Senior Member

True. Not that the US has ever done much to shut down the Boston>Dublin>Belfast supply line of money and weapons. Funny how we think of the US as our 'best friend' when they didn't lift a finger to help us deal with the IRA. In fact, quite the contrary.

Oh the irony.

Blair also seems happy to twist history. He thanked the US for being the one nation to stand 'shoulder to shoulder' with the UK during the blitz. If memory serves, the US didn't join the war until 1941, well after the Battle of Britain and long after Australia, Canada, India and a host of other nations gave their unconditional backing to the UK. I guess history doesn't really matter if it's inconvenient.

21. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Piss and moan, piss and moan... The Brits love to fight. I can't think of any country I would rather have on my side. We can't lose with these guys on our side.

22. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Two Thousand One, Nine Eleven

Two thousand one, nine eleven
    Five thousand plus arrive in heaven
    As they pass through the gate,
    Thousands more appear in wait

A bearded man with stovepipe hat
    Steps forward saying,
    "Lets sit, lets chat"

They settle down in seats of clouds
    A man named Martin shouts out proud
    "I have a dream!" and once he did
    The Newcomer said, "Your dream still lives."

Groups of soldiers in blue and gray
    Others in khaki, and green then say
    "We're from Bull Run, Yorktown, the Maine"
    The Newcomer said, "You died not in vain."

From a man on sticks one could hear
    "The only thing we have to fear.
    The Newcomer said, "We know the rest,
    trust us sir, we've passed that test."

"Courage doesn't hide in caves
    You can't bury freedom, in a grave,"
    The Newcomers had heard this voice before
    A distinct Yankees twang from Hyannisport shores

A silence fell within the mist
    Somehow the Newcomer knew that this
    Meant time had come for her to say
    What was in the hearts of the five thousand plus that day
    "Back on Earth, we wrote reports,
    Watched our children play in sports
    Worked our gardens, sang our songs
    Went to church and clipped coupons

We smiled, we laughed, we cried, we fought
    Unlike you, great we're not"

The tall man in the stovepipe hat
    Stood and said, "don't talk like that!
    Look at your country, look and see
    You died for freedom, just like me"

Then, before them all appeared a scene
    Of rubbled streets and twisted beams
    Death, destruction, smoke and dust
    And people working just 'cause they must

Hauling ash, lifting stones,
    Knee deep in hell
    But not alone

"Look! Blackman, Whiteman, Brownman, Yellowman
    Side by side helping their fellow man!"
    So said Martin, as he watched the scene
    "Even from nightmares, can be born a dream."

Down below three firemen raised
    The colors high into ashen haze
    The soldiers above had seen it before
    On Iwo Jima back in '44

The man on sticks studied everything closely
    Then shared his perceptions on what he saw mostly
    "I see pain, I see tears,
    I see sorrow - but I don't see fear."

"You left behind husbands and wives
    Daughters and sons and so many lives
    are suffering now because of this wrong
    But look very closely. You're not really gone.

All of those people, even those who've never met you
    All of their lives, they'll never forget you
    Don't you see what has happened?
    Don't you see what you've done?
    You've brought them together, together as one.

With that the man in the stovepipe hat said
    "Take my hand," and from there he led
    five thousand plus heroes, Newcomers to heaven
    On this day, two thousand one, nine one eleven

23. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Bowser ...

I'd feel a whole lot better if the Brits hadn't had their asses kicked the last time they were in Afghanistan (or the Russians too, for that matter).