Proof that the Christian god cannot exist

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Cris, Jun 21, 2001.

1. mabufo Registered Senior Member

Last I checked there was a separation between the Church and the State. Though if that is violeted somehow - me talking with my 'buddies who run the country' surely won't help much.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lightgigantic Banned Banned

geeser
    its not clear how you establish direct perception is synonymous for delusion
    its not clear how a serious discussion of the perceptions of theism can be addressed in connection to star trek, since the star trek one obviously doesn't innvolve any direct perception
    to say 'some people get it wrong therefore all people get it wrong' is absurd, and its hardly a principle one would utilize to evaluate scientifc claims, what to speak of the theistic
    and without inductive knowledge, or faith, being one of the initial foundations for scientific inquiry, you have a very marginal body of info to work with in the name of science
    (in other words if one is only prepared to accept as 'knowledge' what is immediately perceptable its a very limiting methodology, since on ewould be bereft of the opportunity to apply higher education/training etc)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mabufo Registered Senior Member

The point is - that the 'christian god' will exist as long as people believe in it. if they believe in god, then it will exist and be real to them. Even though it may not be real to the OP.

On another note, I think it's a little sad that people feel the compulsion to pick on Christians so much - they have just as much of a right to believe in what they want as you do with what you want. Can't we just leave it at that?

8. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Basically when a theist comes here, he's/she's got issues, needs clarifications, as this is a science forum with a subforum on theology/religion.

So theist have to educate themselves about their beliefs, or is basically trying to get converts here to their way of thinking. FAT CHANCE at that, most theist that stick around here for a spell, either end up leaving the forum, or become an atheist/agnostic. Of course this does not happen quite often, but I've been long enough here to have seen it happen.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Did you know, that Christmas is a pagan holiday? It was adopted by early Christianity, and christmas has existed on earth way before any jesus ever showed it's mythical existence here on earth.
    http://www.uuman.org/ed_christmyth.htm

Have a nice read! BTW if you are not here to learn, then why the hell are you here?

9. imaplanck. Banned Banned

I think they are here because they actually believe they are making in-roads with their fricking irreducible complexity and supernatural quantum mechanics pseudoscience.

10. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Got that right!

Why not advertise their pseudoscience BS in a religious forum? were everyone agrees with them! AS for Sciforums is a science forum with a subforum on theism/religion. Only to give chance to those who think that they can present credible evidence of their creed. However apparently no one ever has, though the subforum stays here do to it's popularity, also good way to re-educate some theists. It has happened. SouthStar was once "defender of the faith" now he's an atheist!

So the forum eventually does serve a purpose! it brings zealot theist to think critical of their creed. Even Lg has to re-invent his pseudotheologycrap!

11. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Yes, they have a right to believe in what they want to believe in. It's when they come to sciforums, a scientific forum, and demand that they hear voices in their heads, and they've seen miracles, etc. They never offer any evidence for their beliefs. Talk about being judgmental! Because they hear god's voice in their heads, they tell us how condemned the rest of us are! When the rest of us try to explain to them this is illogical, they just tear into us, however silly and immature they may be, and they are completely unable to discuss anything in a reasonable manner.

It's not the christians I want to pick on, it's their ignorance that I want to destroy.

12. mabufo Registered Senior Member

Godless, your agenda aside, would it hurt to be a little nicer?

13. mabufo Registered Senior Member

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it?

14. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

WTF do you mean, i've calmed down quite a bit, just ask LightGigantic.

I've not called you! any swear names, like; idiot, brainless, head stuck up your ass, or even said your typing stupidity! I only asked what the hell is a theist doing in a scientific forum/subforum of religion, if not to LEARN or find ways to find converts to their way of thinking!

BTW all the swears above were just for an example, they are not meant for any theist here who believe in their rhetorical non-sequirtus mumble jumble, jada,jada,jada, nonsense! Ok!

15. mabufo Registered Senior Member

That raises an interesting question. Why shouldn't a theist be allowed in a subforum designated 'religion'. Wouldn't things be a little boring if you guys had no one to debate with?

16. lightgigantic Banned Banned

then what is an atheist doing here?

17. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Learning how to deal with half wits like you! Calm, anger management! CALM! anger management! LOL...Plus I was not always an atheist, thanks to scites like this, Barnes and Noble, and a bit of common sense, I learnt to think for myself, and not quote some ancient dogmatic tribal bs rhetoric writen by ignorat fools who mostly followed astrology-theology BS!

BTW I'm still learning!

18. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

I never claimed they shouldn't be allowed!

I only asked, kind of rudely what the heck are you doing here? if not to learn, preach, or try to convert?

19. lightgigantic Banned Banned

I think you shouldn't post without following the directions of your prescription medication
    http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=62117

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  20. Kendall ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

"Originally posted by Godless"
    I only asked what the hell is a theist doing in a scientific forum/subforum of religion, if not to LEARN or find ways to find converts to their way of thinking!

Kendall-So because I believe in god in your mind I should not be interested or understand science.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  21. Kendall ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

Is science just for atheist?

22. imaplanck. Banned Banned

Did you phrase that correctly? If you didnt I would tend to agree.

No of course not, but you should distinguish between science and the pseudo fecal matter that borrows the science name

23. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

Theres nothing pseudo about quantum mechanic. Only certain levels of understanding on it.

Have a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cldg_Hcp9-c its a nice simple introduction into the real quantum world.