Proof of the existence of God

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Jason.Marshall, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Maybe you mean the concept of the nature of god is too complex to explain.
    Since, so far as can be shown, god doesn't exist then it's rather hard for him/ her/ it/ them to have a "nature".

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

We are modelled in His nature, with varying degrees of good and evil, vast amount of us are decent people, which is great.

God is Nature, it's Nature is not God.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Allegedly.

Er, right...
    So what you're doing is making the "concept of the nature of god" even more nebulous.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

It would be a good starting point to actually discuss each others ideas ideally.

8. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

I love it how people claim "the nature of God is too complex to explain" or "beyond comprehension", and then proceed to provide an explanation, or to try to show how they comprehend it.

All I see here so far is trite and trivial notions of the concept of God.
    There is certainly no proof provided, nor any that I can see that is possible even from the notions of God provided, other than those that are trivial matters of question-begging or definition (e.g. "we define God as Nature... Nature exists, therefore God exists... QED") that actually adds nothing to our understanding and are thus ultimately meaningless and/or redundant.

9. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Listen mate, let the man reply as it might get interesting.. everyone has an opinion of what God is like(believers that is), so I want to know his opinion and i'll show mine.

10. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Dywyddyr is an atheist, so if you're waiting to hear his opinion as a "believer" you may be waiting a while.

11. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

I'm not suggesting dialog with Dyweddyr, i'm answering a question which relates to a separate debate with a different person.

12. zgmc Registered Senior Member

Hold on a minute. You just said the nature of god is too complex to even comprehend. Now you say that we are modelled in his nature.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Think of the scale of 1:72. Same aircraft, just much less detail etc.

Jason.Marshall likes this.
  14. Jason.Marshall Banned Banned

Listen all of you you think this a JOKE you do not understand the science of Doppelgangers Hollywood and demonic possesions and these poor young women that get duped into the ring of protestution by psychopaths because they want money they are young and nieve. They cannot talk or something really bad will happen to them I don't want to tell you what.

be ready the battle of good and evil will soon begin.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  15. Jason.Marshall Banned Banned

I will call you King David from now on symbolically you slayeth Goliath...aghh

16. Jason.Marshall Banned Banned

"Please release me from this tournament trying to escape but am struggling"

Rihanna

wake up Earth stop acting like fools...Aghh you bicker and argue like children while this planet is dominated in plain sight.

17. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

Jason, I think I'm not alone when I say that you need professional help.

18. Jason.Marshall Banned Banned

This is an arrangement from the ones that sent me here for you do not know how deep the rabbit hole goes on the surface I know you feel safe.

19. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

Punctuation, Jason, punctuation. Without it, your gibberish becomes even weirder.

20. Jason.Marshall Banned Banned

I don't care about formalities while you bask in your ignorance of a false freedom I promise you your illusion will be taken away from you and then you can use your perfect English language and punctuations as protection.

21. Jason.Marshall Banned Banned

When you are being tortured I know you will call on your grammar lessons to save you.

22. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

Promise all you want. At the end of the day I'm still sane, you'll still spout incoherent bs and not a whole lot will have changed.

ETA: And now you also promise me that I'll be tortured? Oh joy.

23. Jason.Marshall Banned Banned

We will see.... in 20 years time I know your physical body will be a lot weaker and you will be submitted even so much more easier...Demons do not reveal them selves until light is shined upon them then this is the time they will attack before that time they are feeding of of you so there is no reason for them to make their presence known when it is so much easier to bank on your ignorance....hope you can comprehend