Proof of Heaven

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Spellbound, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Hence the need for money. Money is the most important thing in the world.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

No. Why?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

"Jesus" was probably quite a common first name a couple of thousand years ago, like David or Mary.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Saint Valued Senior Member

Jesus is GOD incarnate, he rose from death.

8. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Well, the thread's really about proof, as opposed to faith. The OP made a pretty bold claim, then welshed.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Doesn't mean he's god. Even if it were true.

10. billvon Valued Senior Member

Well, that's hardly proof. Dozens of people have risen from the dead over the past few decades, people who have been without heartbeats for hours (and apparently dead for days.)

11. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

From Spellbound Post #30
    The above indicates that you do not know or understand much about quantum theory.

Until early in the 20th century, most scientists believed in a deterministic universe. They believed that, in principle, if you knew the position & velocity of every particle in the universe, you could predict the future in detail & also determine the past at a detailed level.

Modern Quantum Theory dispelled that notion due to known random processes. Radioactive decay being the mostly commonly known such process.

DaveC426913 likes this.
  12. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I died once for over 3 minutes and did NOT see any bright lights, hear voices or anything else. I only went to sleep and that was what it was like when I died. Thankfully I was in a hospital already and they took me to the ER where I was revived. So there's no heaven/hell.

13. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Someone who believes in God finds that there could be evidence to support their beliefs, but that ''evidence'' might not be enough for people who don't believe. It will always be this way when it comes to faith, and it would be great if people of faith would be okay with that.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Seems like it used to be more like that... but mayb sinse anybody wit a God belief can easily spread it on the internet -- has made such believers more vocal... an its spilled over into politics which gets lots of peoples attenton... cause now you cant just ignore peoples religous beliefs... cause if you do you'r liable to wake up havin to live you'r life accordin to someone elses religous beliefs... an nobody wants that.!!!

15. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

That's why religion steers faith in the wrong direction, just my point of view. It makes me wonder if some people's personal beliefs aren't ''enough'' for them, they need to get others to convert, and then they feel complete? I'm not sure.

16. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Indeed. A lot of people feel like you. One's spirituality is deeply personal. It's the kind of thing to be shared once two-way trust is established. Kind of like one's sense of humor!

cluelusshusbund likes this.
  17. kx000 Valued Senior Member

I dont just know about Heaven, but I have faith in contentment, creating nirvana.

18. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

So do I

19. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

People tend to need/enjoy receivin validation of ther personal-beliefs in one form or anuther... be it from a frind... Church or internet... etc... an of course its some peoples belief that they shoud convert others to ther beliefs... like Jehovia Witnesses.!!!
    They come by here about once a year an leave little pamphlets stuck in my door... or try an preech to me if i open the door... an the next to last time they came by i didnt take ther litle papers... i politely told 'em i woudnt read 'em -- that i woud just throw 'em away so why not just give 'em to somebody that wanted 'em... an they seemed kinda confused but they left soon ther after... an about a year later they was back... an this time i had a pot of hot oil hangin above the front porch an i pulled strang an... j/k... haha... that was jus a happy thout

... i just told 'em i was atheist an i wasnt interested in ther beliefs an closed the door.!!!

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Because some kinds of evidence are unreliable. Like seeing the Jesus on your toast.

21. kx000 Valued Senior Member

I created the wish to be when I was seven. I call it Gabby.

22. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I'll agree there. LOL

23. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

You an Spider goat are bein very hurtful to those of us who believe that Jesus can manifest in such ways

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.