Promoting violence against Muslims

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by S.A.M., Feb 3, 2008.

?

The post in the OP promotes violence against Muslims

1. Yes

52.4%
  2. No

9.5%
  3. Some other opinion

38.1%
  1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

Ludicrous!!! Not all Muslims are terrorists in training!!!

Anyone who thinks this is not only a fucking idiot...they are espousing dangerous ideas that can lead to further tension in this world.

Let's not forget that Pakistan, a Muslin country, now possesses nuclear weapons.
    Do we really want WW3?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. superstring01 Moderator

Admitting that Islam seems to increase one's propensity to blow something up, does not imply that all, a majority, or even a significantly large percentage of that demographic is inherently violent.

Sufism is probably one of the most respectable [IMHO] branches of any religion on Earth, and it's Islamic. Bosnian Muslims are inherently a very tolerant (with comparison to those around them**) group of people.

I mean, there are like--what?--a billion + Muslims on Earth. They may not all be sympathetic to western ideals, but you don't see them all strapping bombs to their waist and/or supporting others in their endeavors to do so.

~String

and acceptance of non-Muslim identities.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So you are saying that you agree with Buffalo that all Muslims deserve to die?

And see nothing wrong with his post?

8. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Where do you see him saying that?

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I want to know if he thinks the post promotes violence against Muslims

10. superstring01 Moderator

Huh? SAM. I'm on the verge of deleting this entire thread because I know it wil turn in to another of your mouthpieces in slamming the USA (like there aren't enough of them already). If you think you're going to badger me and try to twist my words, then I'll just go ahead and delete it now. I said my opinion.

I actually thougt you'd be able to read and figure out that I was disagreeing with the notion that all/many/most Muslims are nefarious. It was about as unsympathetic to Buffalo's words as they get.

So, make of them what you will.

~String

11. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

I don't think that is fair. For one thing, they are in situations that makes them more prone to conflict. It would be like saying Vietnamese are more prone to violence in the sixties. Another thing is, I don't see why we always attribute violence by Muslims to the entire group. We don't do it when Christian soldiers bomb places, or when high ranking people (including the President) involve Christianity with war rhetoric.

12. superstring01 Moderator

Note: If you have an issue with Buffalo, report the post, I'll give your complaints all do consideration. If you have an issue with me, I'm sure you know you can take them up with Plazma.

~String

13. superstring01 Moderator

To be fair, I don't have the highest opinion of Christianity either. Historically it's killed about as many people. It's come a long way in the past century, but it's still harbors the seeds of hatred and war.

~String

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I'm asking you if you think the post in the OP promotes violence against all Muslims or not. Its a very simple question.

Do YOU think all Muslims are TNT and all deserve to die? Me, for example.

Yes or No?

15. superstring01 Moderator

Hmmm... lemme think on that. I'll consider it. You should try reporting the post, it will probably speed up the process.

~String

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I'm asking YOU, superstring, person to person, if you think ALL Muslims are TNT and ALL deserve to die.

Like Me. Who happens to be a Muslim.

17. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

I think Buffs is losing the plot. Seriously.

I don't know what you've been doing to him Sam, but in nearly every post of his he is either attacking you (and India) or Islam/Muslims/Jihad/Ummah etc. I am pretty certain he regards the war of terror as being the final battle between good and evil, the Christian West against the heathens.

Buffy is only harming himself.

18. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I'm not interested in Buffalo's politics or religion. I am interested in if that post classifies as a hate post promoting violence against all Muslims.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

It was in response to Arsalan asking if the victims of the Iraqi extremists who were innocent were also Muslims or not.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  21. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

I think the post has been deleted. There is no context either, in what thread was this post made?

22. superstring01 Moderator

I'm still thinking.

See, SAM, how annoying it is when someone asks you a direct question and then engages in mountains of circumlocution and avoids the point altogether and the tries twisting the whole thing around so that it loses all meaning? I know that in your eyes you're perfect in every way and that you've never made a mistake, stepped on any toes or misjudged and/or poorly expressed yourself in a situation, but guess what: you piss people off here all the time because of the nasty sophomoric games you engage in. You're probably annoyed that this insult has hit so close to home and that someone would DARE disagree with you and DARE say something that makes you squirm in front of your computer.

But guess what, you are THE biggest hypocrite on this board, you engage in mountains of direct and indirect deception all of which culminates in you putting yourself up on the pedestal of tolerance and learning when at the end of the day you're nothing but an intellectual charlatan who uses every chance to make everybody (and nation) that doesn't hold on to your solipsist worldview look as bad as possible.

You're EXACTLY like Bush & Co... just the mirror image. Equally stubborn, equally elitist and equally as self-centered.

But, No, SAM, I don't feel that his post advocates the death of all Muslims, but because it could possibly infer as much, I did delete it. And, yes I can judge Buffalo, his words and his usual intent and say the obvious: he pretty much hates Islam the same way you and Kadark hate the west.

~String

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member