Promiscuity

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Cellar_Door, Dec 2, 2008.

1. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Oh, I get you all right. That post was hypocritical and full of shit.

A promiscuous male can have high standards but not a promiscuous female? Your logic needs some fucking Superglue.

The second part is rubbish. Girls who sleep with loads of guys are not doing it to have babies. They're doing to for pleasure. Just because they are serial monogamists doesn't mean they won't be selective when choosing an actual life partner as opposed to a quick fuck.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

NOTICE:

If you are looking for a quick fuck... please post this fact publicly... I'm sure you can be paired with someone...

Thanks for your time!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Nasor Valued Senior Member

All of your "reasons" seem to be based on the a priori assumption that sex with many people is bad. You say that having sex with many people shows a lack of respect for oneself, emotional problems, etc. But those reasons only make sense if you assume a priori that having sex with many people is bad, and is therefor something that is shameful or that only a person with emotional issues would engage in. The only potentially valid reason you have actually given is STDs, and you'll note I said "assuming they're smart enough to know how to use a condom."

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

That's nice. You're saying there is no difference between a guy sleeping with lots of girls and a girl sleeping with lots of guys. Regardless of the cultural structure of inequality.
    Standard: Few guys get many girls.
    Not standard: Few girls get many guys.

To elaborate:
    Consider a set of 10 males and 10 females.
    2 out of those 10 males can sleep with all 10 females.
    Meanwhile, 2 out of those 10 females may be willing to sleep with the remaning 8 males.

Whle 10 out of 10 males being able to sleep with any female might be a more accurate representation of the matter, I'd like to know what people think about that model.

Either way, it might be likely that girls who like bastards will not sleep with me. I'm very happy about that because I am honestly not really attracted to girls who like bastards.

8. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Rubbish, you have no evidence, you're just making assumptions, and in any case real life doesn't involve a test group of 10 males and 10 females.

A woman who meets a lot of men who she likes in her life and goes out with those men is not being insulting to maleness. She's just acting on her feelings like a human being. Why is that wrong for a woman but not a man?

9. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Culturally: Guys are pathetic, and girls are great.

1. Girls are great. It isn't as easy for males to get it from great females. A male who gets it is considered lucky. One who gets it often is glorified.

2. Guys are pathetic. Females, on the other hand, have to fight males off with a stick on a daily base it. It is not a big deal for a female to get some from some pathetic guy. A girl who sleeps with many of these pathetic beings would likely be doing so out of one thing. Desperation.

10. swarm Registered Senior Member

We decided marriage had too much baggage.

Certainly if you want kids, long term is the way to go.

lixluke doesn't seem to realize he is a bastard and he is only getting "ho's" with his current strategy.

I kind of feel for the "ho's" though. Its impossible to be good in the sack or an interesting person and have a "revolving door."

The only way to have a revolving door is to be some one no woman wants a second time.

11. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Just because she has had many partners doesn't mean she will have anyone no matter how ugly or stupid.

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yeah, see, that's why men don't like whores or "loose" women ....they go out with OTHER men but not with us!

How many sex partners does it take for a woman to be known as a whore or as promiscuous? I've always wondered that question.

If she has 4,000 different partners, I think we can mostly agree that she's a whore or that she's promiscuous.

But what about a girl who has, say, four different partners in her whole life? Is she a whore or promiscuous?

How 'bout 10?

Or is it just that we, the men mostly, who assign that "title" to women that fuck others but not ourselves?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

13. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

In what reality? A girl sleeps around with lots of guys often. Yet none of them are pathetic bastards? All of them are smart, funny, kind, and caring. Sure. Happens all the time. In the twilight zone.

In this day and age, it is quite mandatory, that if a girl is sleeping with guys often, it might as well be assumed that the guy is some ugly musculine bastard with no brain who bullies others.

If a girl is sleeping around often, and with good people, more power to her. I would give her the medal of honor. If you can show me that, you will see my jaw drop to the bottom of the ocean in amazement.
    :jawdrop:

14. swarm Registered Senior Member

Obviously not all gals are picky or lixluke wouldn't ever get any, well assuming he ever does get any, but we can't conclude that all gals who are promiscuous aren't picky based on this.

In fact since a loser like lixluke claims to have some low level of standard, I'd say its entirely reasonable that gals have at least the same level of standard at the same level of promiscuity.

15. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Some people make it so plain & clear to others that their view is biased yet can't see it for themselves. I wonder if they reread their posts.

16. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Who me? Bias because I have a realistic view of society? Am I wrong that girls who sleep around have low standards? And you're saying that there are girls who sleep around with highs standards? Am I on the wrong planet?

17. Nasor Valued Senior Member

What exactly do we mean by "standards"? There are plenty of hot, slutty women who know they are good-looking and will only go to bed with good-looking guys who spend a few hours at the gym each week. It's relatively easy for women to be both slutty and picky (with respect to looks) if they're good looking themselves, especially if they live in a big city or college town where there's no shortage of good-looking men.

18. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Standards as in - there are boys. Each boy wants to have sex with a hot girl as much as the next boy. When a girl sleeps around lots, it's likely she's choosing some bastard that boxes down nice friendly boys as opposed to a nice friendly boy that gets boxed down by bastards.
    Either:
    -You are a bastard boxing down some nice friendly boy.
    Or
    -You are a nice friendly boy getting boxed down by some bastard.

There is no such thing as a bastard that doesn't box down nice friendly boys. There is no such thing as nice friendly boys that don't get boxed down by bastards.

19. Nasor Valued Senior Member

If the woman in question is just looking for some fun sex, she might not care that the guy is a bastard - so long as he has a good body and is fun in bed.

20. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

:itold: You are all sinners and adulterers. Repent or suffer eternal damnation.

But if you're female, please post a few sexy pics, first.:mufc:

21. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Yes. Nobody is debating this. TY!:thankyou:

She might care that he is not a bastard. Girls typically don't like boys who get boxed down by bastards. They typically like bastards who box down boys.