Process, Ethics, and Justice: An Inauspicious Note Regarding the Politics of Rape Culture

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tiassa, Dec 17, 2017.

1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Yeah that is a means to an ends: to bred more white people cause the cultural Marxist jews are 'genociding' white people by making white women not breed well or with white men.

You know feminist are not all women right? Considering I am a gamer and was there when gamergate happened that was a big wake up to be inside it and see if from the inside and then see you people disparage us from the outside. What happened was you people call us all sexist and the right wing jumped in and sucked all those people up, Milo and britbart, that how I came to meet Christina hoffsummers by the way, etc. Since Elevatorgate on I watched as your ilk created counter movement after counter movement as you attack one subculture after another as being fundamentally misogynistic, atheist, gamer, comics, etc, the alt-right was born and that eventually got Trump elected.

And some of them voted for Obama twice. Once again you lump them all as irredeemable, that is a defeatist attitude of someone that lives in a clique and can afford to ignore reality.

And once again you think they are all pro-life, gun loving bible thumpers. Jesus this is like the all women argument in reverse! Everything to you is "all", isn't it? Say something about a woman means all women to you, some trump voters means all trump voters to you, your brain is a walking-talking-writing-shitting generalization fallacy!

Oh he is pro-choice now? Pro-gun control? Pro-taxing the rich? Pro-universal healthcare? Do tell me what ideology I and him share? I guess he is pro-gay marriage, so I guess we share that.

Once again he expressly says he does not want that to happen, but it is happening as a consequence of #Metoo, #metoo adds to the preception that women are a hazard as a employees.

No, the argument is of equally qualified people. And once again "daring to speak out" on social media had horrible consequences, the right move is to tell women to go to the police right away where they have the protection of law and privacy. As for rape culture, lets see a rapeculture for a moment:

You mean for the justice system? And I did not disagree.

And I said I did not disagree with your suggestions, it just has nothing to do with social media hysteria and warlock hunts.

None of what has been said is a punishable offense, the problem is that such hysterias have social consequences, it does not matter if I don't read it or not, it matters what people in general now perceive because of it, and they perception that liberals care about issues they don't is a problem, it leads to real life consequence like the election of Donald Trump.

I have no belief on how women should behave, that is your projection.

I, huh, "disregard" yeah.

Oh no women won't interact with me, oh the horror... oh wait that how I live already, I rather not women hit on me, hey thank you.

But once again yes you will use social ostracizing on me, asexual me that advocates no co-worker sexual interaction and treating women like men? yeah, the tactic that has cost us politically real power, good plan there.

Why would I think I have a right to your body? Do you think I believe I have a right over other men's bodies? Then why would you think I believe I have a right over your body? Wait wait: are you a cartoon androgynous dick girl?

Yeah I'm not worthy of being in your clique, ohhh booo hooo.

No that is the actual science, science does not have a confirmed singular answer for there are multiple theories here, and they are not even mutually exclusive of each other, but you refuse to even consider those other theories, you shut down conversation and demand only your theories be believed or else you will ostracize any non-believer as a misogynistic creep.

Actually women were once the majority of computer programmers, it filped around in the 1980's. I (and he) argue that it is not just that women are traditionally not promoted or even allowed to enter those fields, it is that women on average did not want to do those fields. It like coal minners or lumberjacks or boiler welders, even in our modern egalitarian age we will never get 50:50 gender ratio in those careers because we do not have 50:50 gender ratio in ever personality type, because of the affects of sex hormones en utero, because of evolution. Now are their some women that make great mathematicians because of the individual nature of their genes and utero development and how they were raised INDIVIDUALLY, yes of course and they should be allowed to be what they want to be, but the percentage of such women is not equal to the percentage of such men. Just like the percentage of male autistic is not equal to the percentage of female autistic, and not amount of re-culturing will fix that. In fact such attempts of re-culturing will become harmful as they result in cultural backlash and one failed attempt after another.

How many decades now have we had special programs pushing girls into science and math to defeat this bias? Girls are now graduating all levels of education at higher rates then men and yet we still can't get them into STEM at the same rate?

Nope, the science shows that is both. Here we can play a game, you give a me are scientific article saying it cultural and I will give you one saying it is biological.

That not a fucking answer! That like all the people the said "i'm not going to vote for either Trump or Clinton" well that how we end up with trump! Now the choices were two, JUST TWO, well there was Ross but fuck that, now choose the lesser evil or let the greater evil win, those are your choices.

Because we have a system of laws and justice and what you advocate is a system of popular opinion and regressive, tribal social ostracization. We have been improving how the justice system deals with rape and sexual assault for decades now and you want to trash that for something far FAR worse simply because you believe it is ok to stripe all right of the accuse, regardless how much it empowers an alt-right counter culture that now controls the government! You literally believe you have the right to assault someone based on your suspicion and to tell others to do the same.[/quote][/quote]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

How come when I share my stories of me being sexual harassed and assaulted, no one gives a fuck?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. birch Valued Senior Member

because you relay it in a way that it's minimized or not important so therefore other's experiences are not either, just like your ufo abductions.

if you don't respect your own story or experience and therefore not others (or believe them), why should someone else want to respect yours since you don't actually care anyway?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Just another tool for them to use against ya, if I had to guess EF.

*shrug* Welcome to SciForums I guess... seems this behavior is to be accepted and even promoted. It's why I chose to stop dealing with such folks - better for my blood pressure too

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Well actually you made my point for me, thank you. To you how wrong something is all dependent on how one feels about it and how they stack within your clique, not part of your clique, no fucks given. Wrongness is all relative to you.

Kittamaru likes this.
  9. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

Your *shrugs* are every bit as revealing as Mr. Should-we-hire-women?'s "Now it hurts me to say..." What isn't so clear--with respect to either--is the legitimacy of the seeming inability to read, to read between the lines, and to contextualize.

10. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

read between the lines, contextualize = see what you want to see, have a belief and only find and see what you want to see to back up your belief. If you believe everyone is your enemy, if you get triggered by a head line and no longer think and only see what you want to see, well then that is what you will end up with.

11. billvon Valued Senior Member

Probably for the same reason that no one gives a fuck when Andrew Finch tells his stories about how _he_ was hoaxed.

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You are more than welcome to read into it however you wish. In reality, the *shrug* is just that, a shrug. I'm just done conversing with people who attempt to take every little statement and twist it in some way to fit their particular vendetta. At one time, I felt the need to at least attempt to defend myself from that kind of behavior - anymore, though, it just doesn't really matter to me because, lets face it - none of you are likely to meet me, take the time to know me, or give a damn about me so... yeah.

If that offends people, I guess that's their problem. I'm done with petty games and petty people

And overall, I'm happier for it. I've got more pressing calls for my time (such as preparing to welcome our first child into the world next month) and, really, I don't feel like putting any concern into toxic people is going to benefit me at all.

Pretty much... take it or leave it, I guess. I'm going to take things at face value - if people wish to be engage in duplicity and other such tactics they are welcome to do so - I just don't see any need to pay it any mind.

Course, if you prefer, you could always consider my shrugs as a more subtle version of *throws hands up in frustration*

13. Neddy Bate Valued Senior Member

I had to look up the name, because I was not familiar with the story. But it looks like there was an innocent man by that name in Kansas who was shot and killed by police who were responding to a prank call from California. The suspected caller in California has been arrested, and he has supposedly done these types of "swatting" pranks in the past, but I don't see any reference to the Andrew Finch guy ever having done this type of thing. Maybe you have a different story, or are accidentally using the wrong name there?

14. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Ooooh so you don't believe me then? You don't "believe the victim"?

shit yeah who the fuck is this andrew finch?
    http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/03/us/kansas-police-shooting-swatting/index.html

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  15. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

In truth, I figured I had missed a post, somewhere.

16. birch Valued Senior Member

Your reasoning is wrong. You dont care about yours or others, therefore what is the point when you are arguing to discredit? Get it?

17. birch Valued Senior Member

Exactly. It was mentioned only as a way to say 'see i have too been a victim, so therefore it gives me legitimacy to argue against you.'

18. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

No I don't get it. When I talked about when I was sexual harrased, YOU give no shits. When I point out that I did not go to the police so nothing comes of it, but they don't go to the police and expect some kind of justice, that is fuck up.

19. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Ah. Thank you. But ... I mean ... it was mentioned? That's why I think I missed a post.

20. Bells Staff Member

The point was that they have specific gender roles, particularly when it comes to women. Women who exist outside of that 'norm', particularly women who participate and work in a more inclusive society and exist there happily are seen as the enemy of their ideology.

Why do you take everything so personally? It's like the #NotAllMen brigade, going out of their way to pitch a fit about harassment, because apparently women did not know that it was 'not all men'.

Gamergate was a perfect example of just how entrenched sexism is in the gaming community.
    Some. The greater majority vote Republican, even when it goes against their best interest.
    I think you would be surprised at how entrenched pro-life is for those who voted for Trump, or their views on guns, their views on God and Christianity.

You won't get those voters back. Sure, you might pull some of those who work in manufacturing back, but to do that, you would have to go back on Democratic policies in regards to trade and manufacturing to do so.
    Well the women hating ideology you keep foisting on us here.
    His memo came out before the whole #MeToo thing took off. Stop using that as an excuse.

He is against it and expressly notes why he thinks pushing for a more diverse work place as Google was apparently doing is bad and he does so by citing the same 'science' white supremacists rely on to tell the world that minorities are stupid and women are weak.
    While again forgetting that going to the police = no protection of the law or privacy.

And he argued that women and minorities will more than likely not be equally qualified and cited 'biology' as the reason.
    I wasn't talking about the court system. I was talking about the first step that victims take, which means going to the doctors and the police. I barely touched on the criminal justice system when it comes to court procedures. And you did disagree, quite vehemently because you felt it did not address accused, while you inanely ignored the fact that those basic steps for the police would ensure "due process" when it got to court and would ensure fairness for all concerned. And then kept demanding I keep repeating myself again and again.
    I was talking about your whining about what women are saying and carrying on like it was a threat. But I get why you are again trying to change the subject.
    Your demands that they should only be believed or would be classified as "adults" if they behaved a certain way was what then?
    I would suggest you get out more, but for the safety of all concerned, it's probably best that you do not.
    Why would I do that? I'd just point you out to the women in the room and say 'steer clear'. Probably would not have to anyway, since, ya know, you do have that 'creep' vibe.
    As I said, you come across like a misogynistic creep. Your attempts to sway that opinion is failing.
    I don't consider those outdated theories because it is bunk.

I get why you embrace it though.
    There aren't "special programs" as such, just an encouragement for girls to not drop out of STEM subjects. They have only barely scratched the surface of how teachers are grading girls in maths and science in school and how those lower grades are discouraging them from showing interest in that field because of the bias of teachers, who grade boys better than girls, even when the boys do worse. What's the matter? Too many words and not enough pictures for you?
    I provided you with several links showing how the bias is cultural and has nothing to do with biology.
    I would not be able to vote for either of them, hence why the answer is neither. Surely you cannot be so dense that you can't figure out why.
    I advocate for women and men speaking out when and where they can with full support. I advocate for a police system that does not treat those women like criminals, which would allow them to come forward. I advocate for people having a voice and if that means using social media, then so be it, that is the voice they choose and feel safe using. I would have thought that was fairly obvious by now.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  21. birch Valued Senior Member

You are feigning injury. Its you who dont give no shits because if you had you wouldnt have spent countless pages trying to discredit or insinuate others may be lying but want your account taken seriously or with sympathy.

We already know you cant get legal justice unless you go to the police but you also refuse to understand the complex reasons including politics and power dynamics that make it fruitless for some victims to take legal action.

Take for instance, that woman who accused patrick swayze after he passed away. Not so extreme to go to the police but her reasoning was that he was put on a pedestal and had a squeaky clean image with a strong marriage, who would believe her?

Oftentimes, people have to take into account social and political climate at a certain where its effective or ineffective to speak out. When these women are coming forward now as more women do to share their story is a twofold purpose and that is to shed light on this problem that its widespread and to let others know they are not alone. Raise awareness. The more people expose, it helps to change the social paradigm of a culture that may take for granted that they will not be. Men can do the same thing such as corey feldman. I think its great he is exposing hollywood, for instance.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  22. Bells Staff Member

We do. You, on the other hand, went out of your way to dismiss it as a means to dismiss and diminish what women endured and you kept telling us that it was no big deal.

No one should be sexually harassed or assaulted and I think your misogyny is so entrenched that you are willing to dismiss and diminish your own, just so that you can do the same to female victims, because you think that women speaking out, will affect the status of men in society.

23. Bells Staff Member

I think it's fair enough to say, after multiple threads, that it isn't accidental or something outside of his control, but that his views are quite deliberate.