Procedure of Bannings

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by 420Joey, Mar 20, 2011.

1. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

Well I was banned for 3 days just recently.

But I dont understand. I kept on "stating off topic posts" perpetuating that enmos doesent know how to mod free thoughts because he deletes posts and than declares it off-topic when the reality is that my comment was relevant but it just made him look like an ass

but Anywho,

My last infraction was back in 2009. Why was my ban a 3-day ban? All I recieved was one warning from enmos pmed to me and that was after the ban. I thought it was supposed to be like, only one day if you havent got infractions in the last 6 months? My reason for ban :

I got a warning otherwise I was going to get a vacation?? This was after I was banned for 3 days so was ENMOS the one who banned me or somebody else??

I guess power moderating for little to no reason is how some "highly intelligent mod" folks get off?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. leopold Valued Senior Member

after reading the post referred to in the infraction i believe the ban was warranted.

the mods here are doing their jobs for free you know.
    when was the last time you donated your time and efforts for a group of people?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ULTRA Realistically Surreal Registered Senior Member

As far as I can see, you were warned and yet continued to be insulting and off-topic. The mods here are much more lenient and patient than some I could mention. Clearly, you deserved your ban. Whining about it is not gonna help matters any.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

8. leopold Valued Senior Member

your name comes off the ban list when the ban is lifted.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

OK, thanks.

10. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Sometimes I think I should be banned for being retarded.

Is that an actual infraction?

Wait... I'm thinking "No."

11. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Actually, the banning procedure here is very simple. A lot of people have trouble with this, so don't feel bad that you don't get it on the first try.

After a first infraction, a warning or demerit point may be handed out. With the successive accumulation of three demerit points, a three-day ban may be incurred. Successive demerits within the same week will result in a one-week ban, and within two weeks after than a thirty-day ban. If additional demerits are given within 24 days of a one-month ban following a thirty-day ban, then the Admins meet under a harvest to discuss banning the offender. They spin a wavy-bladed dagger and, if its blade points at the admin bringing the case before the Hallow Council, then the offender's picture is posted in the chimpanzee cage at the San Diego zoo, and the chimps are issued three and one-half pounds of feces not their own (which ensures fairness, since the chimps have no prior relationship with the feces being used). If the chimps fling the poo at the picture and 7/43rds or less of the picture are covered with shit within the day, then the member is released with a warning. If more than 7/43rds of the picture is covered in shit (the picture being divided into 1486 equally-sized squares for ascertainment) then the member is banned. If all of the picture is covered, the member is immediately promoted to moderator.

12. Kennyc Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

and that's the truth!

13. quinnsong Valued Senior Member

:bravo:
    I too am partial to the feces-flinging method of banning! It's a win win situ, for the mods and the chimps.

14. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Now 93% more efficient!

I should note, for the sake of accuracy, that we have attempted to simplify that procedure with a new approach: Invent a reason.

Just make something up. It doesn't have to be true. Doesn't have to be real. Hell, making sense isn't necessarily a prerequisite, although that may or may not be associated with rank; we haven't run up against an adequate test of the procedure's shortcomings.

But if it turns out that if one has a hard time making something up, they need not worry. The Mysterium of Sciforums will provide a pretense in the form of someone else's complaint.

All hail the great Mysterium. May the Oracles not devour our blood by punching twisty straws through the soft flesh around our anuses.

15. Kennyc Registered Senior Member

Damn! And here I thought we followed the scientific method. :shrug:

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

More information about Warnings, Infractions and Bans can be found in a sticky thread in the Site Feedback or Open Government subforum.

Let's just say that GeoffP hasn't quite got it right.

17. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Sorry. I did like the concept of my procedure as proposed, however.

18. phlogistician Banned Banned

Joey, learn to spell kid. Really. When you rant at someone, and make grammatical errors while doing so it doesn't make your case that your posts have much value, and shouldn't be deleted.

19. Bells Staff Member

Normally involves a sacrificial chicken and some baying at the moon.

Then to make sure it is scientific, we measure the blood and soundwaves.

May involve some naked native dances around the campfire. The native dance of choice this week is the Peruvian llipi-puli hunting dance.

20. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

I wasnt like complaining really I just thought that the procedure was like me, warning first, than ban, it doesent matter I guess I did get "warnings" just not "formal ones" pmed so I'll just not say something stupid next time? ..........

21. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Personally I felt it could have done with more faeces.

22. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, that's what everyone says.

23. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

How do you find out if you've been banned before?