Prevalence of Race related threads

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by thefountainhed, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Nanonetics Registered Senior Member

Well he did state that scientists have been trying to disprove the existence of God for centuries. That should count for something. Of course we are not provided with any information on how many centuries mankind has practiced science or who it was that has been conducting these studies for so long. Here I was under the impression that discussing God was out of context with the thread and that proving or disproving God in itself would fit better with philosophy (truth) as practically impossible under science (facts).

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. android nothing human inside Registered Senior Member

That has little bearing on his contentless ad hom, but I wonder about the wisdom of scientists trying to disprove something so arbitrary it cannot be verified either way.

:m:

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Obviously you are not qualified to judge if someone is a scientist because I am.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

not disprove...prove. Newton was for instance trying to prove the existence of God.

8. Nanonetics Registered Senior Member

I see. Newton was a scientist many centuries ago who used the long established scientific method to prove the existence of God. It is good to understand this from the perspective of a scientist such as yourself.

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Try to read some science history. Then you will learn that you just made an ass of yourself.

People used to think it was weird that Newton was interested in physics, alchemy and religion. Some historians were actually embarrased by newtons interest in alchemy. Until of course you analyze his work and discover he did all for the same reason.
    A book:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/18...f=pd_bbs_1/104-2458486-9315145?_encoding=UTF8

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  10. J.B Banned Banned

This is priceless.

11. Nanonetics Registered Senior Member

Science must help us understand the significant impacts of separate races, if any, upon human civilization, its rise and its downfall. Civilization may thus become better organized to the benefit of the natural world and the human beings that came about as a result of such natural systems. Political denial, mischaracterization and obfuscation of distinct subspecies of human beings, the possible benefit of preserving subspecies as distinct, separate populations and again organizing civilization using a coherent assessment of biological, cultural and historic divergence of people as general groupings can offer a better way where rigidly social methods have generally failed.

http://skepdic.com/science.html

* Logical - includes the elimination of fallacy in argument even if we don't give a darn about logic
    * Patterns - prediction of a quantitative set and distinctions between qualitative sets

http://skepdic.com/science.html

* Discover - assume that new facts await discovery so that new knowledge can be refined rather than forever tabooized
    * Natural - not social constructs, strictly human moral perceptions or personal wishful preferences
    * Order - the organizing principle of overall structure from which generalized patterns are derived

12. artistmosi Registered Senior Member

It's funny that the person that started this thread was basically complaining about the prevalence of race related threads, and yet he created one himself! He's created a monster!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Nanonetics Registered Senior Member

Sick irony tends to escape the thoughtless liberalized vengeful slave crowd. It resembles the "smash the racists because they are violent" and "suppress hate speech because it leads to reduced liberty" slogans.

14. J.B Banned Banned

You are what?

A scientist or a judge?

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Trouble understanding English again???

16. J.B Banned Banned

Just because you have over 10,000 posts on a science forum, does not make you a scientist.

Perhaps you could provide some evidence of your major scientific achivements?

This should be good.

17. Facial Valued Senior Member

No, I agree with spuriousmonkey that you are not the least qualified for discussing matters appropriately.
    You are a racist, plain and flat, and have dared to use that term against others as well.

18. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Maybe you are new here, but some years ago we had this episode when an owner of a different forum published all my personal information on sciforums.

Why don't you post your personal information here?

19. mouse can't sing, can't dance Registered Senior Member

I vouch for Spuriousmonkey too. I may not always agree with him, but after having read quite a reasonable amount of his posts, I'm pretty sure he's enjoyed a good education and there is very little there which would make me dispute his credentials.

20. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

His credentials are self evident. (SM, if you are faking it, contact me: I need some good grifters for a sting I'm planning.)

21. J.B Banned Banned

I make no claim of being "qualified to judge if someone is a scientist because I am".

You did.

And you prove your intelligence by asking me the same question I asked you.

22. J.B Banned Banned

You should go back and edit your post, it makes no sence at all.

23. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

memory problems???

I merely assessed you were racists. And I don't think anyone needs a scientific background to come to that conclusion.