President Schwarzenegger

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Godless, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karmashock The Doomslayer Registered Senior Member

... most protestant sects have little or no 'ritual'... but doctrine implies rules and maxims... which no religion could amount to much without.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. jennyRater Luck B me 2nite Registered Senior Member

Id gues Arnie's 1st maxim is "no pain no gain"!

thn of couse theres "I'l be back".. I can just imagin him saying that at a press confernce during his next election campaign.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Karmashock The Doomslayer Registered Senior Member

good point... this has gone far off topic...

Arnie is always entertaining... I crack up everytime he calls the opposition "girly men"... just f'ing great.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. jennyRater Luck B me 2nite Registered Senior Member

Yeh, who else can make the worlds worst 1-liners seem like real wit? my brother got a 2005 calender with a diferent "Bushism" for each day.. Schwareneg-isms would be much more fun!!

If he was president, at least we'd never be short of comedy raw materail.

8. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Heh, I guess you must have missed those. He says his catch phrases all the time. Heck, during the election debates, he said "I have the perfect part for you in Terminator 3" instead of most likely wanting to call the girl a bitch. Then of course there's also the famous "Grey Davis, I will squash you like a bug" or something like that.

Yeah, his pronounciation is funny with that phrase, heh.

Hey, and you said "f'kin!"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And we also get to have fun trying to impersonate his saying too.

- N

9. Karmashock The Doomslayer Registered Senior Member

He's still very much an actor. If he wants, his accent disappears completely. He's actually made it stronger since he became governor. The same goes for those one liners. He knows they're good theater and so makes sure to use them for that alone.

I don't know if you're from California, but there is a big disconnect between our political figures and the people at this point. It's not getting any better either. Arnold was put into power largely because of that. He might be weird, but he's closer to what California wants then what we had.

The way the California government works, having control of the senate is really really powerful. The only way to overrule it is with state referendums. These are votes by the people of California on specific issues. The raising of taxes for example or changing the gambling laws... It allows the people to act as senate and with more power.

For Arnold to use this power he has to get the people stirred up in his favor every time referendums come up for vote.

Just an insight into our regional politics. Every state has its own issues... these are ours.

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Oh, so you think that the present Pope is not a good guy!?
    If he is a good guy, whatever happened to all the scandals of priests abusing and assaulting children!?

The reformation didn't change Catholicism at all. The reformation only created the Protestants.

What you don't seem to get is the fact that pure spirituality is far more sociological than religion. Religion creates laws that need to be applied and enforced, oftne by a Heaven/Hell system, while spirituality is a search for deep wisdom and living by an spontaneous natural law.

I didn;t say "natural" in that sense. I meant "natural" as "spontaneous".

So.... even if it is bad for people, it should be kept?

Sounds like you didn't get my point. Whatever...

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I don't know. But sounds good. Not that the rest is bad....

12. Karmashock The Doomslayer Registered Senior Member

Hardly his fault, though obviously he should have done more about it.

not true at all... prior to that point you had indugences and popes that lived like rich nobles that said one thing and had sex with high class whores after dining on the finest food in the world.

Today they're far better then they were.

No doubt you have some eastern religion you'd like to quote... or is your idea entirely theoretical?

Give me an example of what you consider to be pure spiritualism.

I still don't know what that means... what if I get spiritual enlightenment through the mutilation of human flesh (not my own and not willing)?

I mean... lots of things are natural to lots of people... psychos feel better when offing people... it's part of why they do it.

Some thieves have the same issue with thieft. It just feels good to them. It's very zen like.

That it works implies that it's good for society. Whether its good for individuals is another thing altogether. But it must give people something or it won't last long.

You haven't been making it very well, you have to admit, you've been pretty vague.

13. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Like what? He does seem pretty tired, ya know?
    I don't want him out of that position, but unfortunately, he cannot stay there forever, ya know? I don't think his health let him do more about it.

Yeah, sure. But that has absolutely nothing to do with the reformation. That is just a natural consequence of the critiques that the catholic church has been facing for a long time.

Well, both. Taosim is a good example of pure spirituality. It is spontaneous, it is pure, it is wise..... the law of no-action is a good example of that...

Watching the sunrise....

That makes no sense.

Those are misconceptions.

No. You know I mean it is bad for society, not for individuals.

Ahhhh.... what were we talking about....?

14. Muhlenberg Registered Senior Member

Jose Seranno (D-NY) introduced a resolution on Jan 4, 2005 to repeal the twenty-second amendment.

15. Karmashock The Doomslayer Registered Senior Member

Would you mind explaining what makes it better?

... so... an injection of herion be spiritual? I mean... if I "Really" felt at one with the universe?

Why doesn't it makes sense? If a psychopath gets spiritual enlightenment from it, how can it be wrong?

This is the problem with taking away moral codes or making things too subjective.

What gives you the authority to say that? How can you say that whole sale manslaughter isn't natural?

I can point to some books and static values to back my moral code up. What have you got?
    Explain.
    =============================
    Muhlenberg,
    why did he do that? That's a good ammendment.

16. Muhlenberg Registered Senior Member

Serrano introduced the same resolution when Clinton was president. That make some sense but now?

He expect another Bill Clinton run?

Some conspiracy minded folks have suggested Serrano made a deal with the Arnold forces. They all get their favorite amendment repealed.

Don't see that ever happening.

My hunch is Karl Rove. More chipping away at the near lock the Democratic party used to have on immigrants.

Rove wants Ted Kennedy to take to the Senate floor and exlain why someone who has been here most of their life cannot be president.

17. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

WELL PERSONALY i wouldnt mind if he became prez.

18. Karmashock The Doomslayer Registered Senior Member

well, its a damn good amendment... Roosevelt wasn't ever going to go away... he had to die before he'd leave.

19. Muhlenberg Registered Senior Member

That is for sure. Check out FDR's first few budgets. Spending is bad now but he was in a class by himself. Spent twice what the Feds took in. And then it got really bad with the war debt. No wonder he was relected so easily.

I'm inclined to want House terms extended from two years to three. They pass one budget, then they pander in the next one because of the pending election.

Or better yet, make them work from home. Send in their votes on the net. When they all hang out today in D.C. they get to know each other too well. And the lawyers who flock aroudn them.

20. Karmashock The Doomslayer Registered Senior Member

The only real issue with the congress is gerrymandering.

they either need to make districts randomly generated via computer or have parties run primaries even when they're the incumbent.

21. Muhlenberg Registered Senior Member

Courts are heavily into gerrymandering. That is one problem. The other is Republicans paying back Democrats for what they did when they ran Texas, Florida and other states a one party states.

22. Karmashock The Doomslayer Registered Senior Member

i'm a republican and I wish they'd just stop. It's f'ed up. Have a computer just randomly draw them so that each represents the same amount of people... random districts would be great... have the computers do it once every 10 years or something...

That or FORCE the parties to have primaries for incumbents... that way republicans and democrats can choose a different candidate to represent them even if they're in power.

I mean... I never liked Bush (very common among republicans)... he was just more stable then McCain who mostly just creeped us out... and Al Gore was simply not an option.

Anyway, I think it sucks that we can't choose a different person to represent us without voting for the other side... I mean... bush sucks... but I'm a republican... Kerry isn't an option. I'm sure the democrats often dislike their party candidate but can't vote for the other side for similar reasons.

Whatever,
    Love and peace, Karmashock.

23. Muhlenberg Registered Senior Member

That is American politics...lol.

Nothing new. Hamilton despised Jefferson but lobbied for his election when the contest was thrown to Congress. Hamilton despised Burr a whole lot more.

What Democrats did in Texas in 1990 when the germandered knowing they were losing power was a sight to behold. Then they were able to get surrogates to take the 2000 redistricting to court and postpone it for...what was it? Three years? And then they had the gall to complain? They ran the state since reconstruction. Same with Florida. The worst gerrymandering was done for 'civil rights' reasons. All that meant was blacks had to have their own district even if it snaked for miles and miles.

That actually hurt Democrats as they lost mixed districts in the burbs.

I agree, be nice to ditch it all. But don't see either party or the courts going along with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.