Predictive Evolution

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by The God, Mar 15, 2017.

1. The God Valued Senior Member

Can we predict the future evolutionary stage? In fact let's do it for some living beings...

1. Human Beings - Male
    2. Human Beings - Female
    3. Dogs and Cats
    4. Mosquitoes and insects.
    5. Horse and Donkeys
    6. Eagle
    7. Any other example.

To start with a real whacky idea...say human beings are spending too much time in front of screens. So can I predict that in time to come our eyes will develop some kind of anti glare mechanism.

Another not so whacky...due to whatever reasons females are averse to breastfeeding the child and lot of alternative are available...so can I predict that in few thousand years females will be competing with males in flat chest aspect.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Cockroach: I predict no change to a winning formula.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

sideshowbob likes this.
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The God Valued Senior Member

Cockroach should extint. That is one that defies evolution.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. exchemist Valued Senior Member

They've been going since the Carboniferous, with little evolutionary change. Must be getting something right!

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Extinct.
    Return to their wild forms.

9. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

If the present energy and technological capability were to continue and no X-event occurred to break the time-line in the next million years:
    1. Human Beings - Male
    Roaming the galaxy in spaceships; cloning or replicating all-male progeny as they go, swashbuckling vs. giant crabs, evolved vulcanic entities, etc.

2. Human Beings - Female
    Inhabiting population-limited, sustainable civilizations on earth; repairing the biosphere, replicating female and/or neuter progeny.

3. Dogs and Cats
    Still domestic; none feral; well-kept and loved; equipped with efficient birth control devices.

4. Mosquitoes and insects.
    Back to normal, balanced populations and global distribution.

5. Horse and Donkeys
    Bred for specialized activities in co-operation with human care-givers.

6. Eagle
    Flying high, free and healthy.

7. Any other example.
    Songbirds and frogs returned to natural habitats, life cycles and migration schedules.

No; that's a temporary aberration. Once corrected, humans can go back reasonable regimens of exercise, work, study, socializing, rest and recreation.

They're not. Some societies make the practice difficult by the imposition of working hours and body-covering rules. Once the obstacles are eliminated, and maternity restricted to those women who desire and enjoy caring for infants, breastfeeding or bottle-feeding will not be an issue. Nor will the size of breasts, once men stop setting standards of beauty.

10. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

No.

11. The God Valued Senior Member

Males : One of the all prevalent characteristic of a male is to believe in 'females in distress' stories and fall for it. The rationality takes the back seat till the male hero realizes what hit him.

But due to so much of hitting males are getting smarter in this department. So will we evolve in time to come not to get unduly influenced by females in distress.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

...the fuck is this shit?

origin, Stoniphi and exchemist like this.
  13. The God Valued Senior Member

Free thought. No charges.

14. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Concussions don't make you smarter.

15. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Ah no, but, you see, the avoidance of getting hit would confer an evolutionary advantage - that at least would be the hypothesis, I imagine.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

The guys that risk getting concussions - football players, for example - do have a better chance of reproducing.

17. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Haha. Touché.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I want the two seconds back it took me to read that garbage.

19. The God Valued Senior Member

What would you have done in those 2 seconds?

20. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I

I could be wrong and that may be the situation because I generalise however there seems a preference by males to select or prefer women with large breasts so one could think over time human females may get larger breasts, and not for breastfeeding.

One only has to observe animals, birds and insects to see the development and enlargement of body parts which only function is to attract a mate.
    Alex

21. The God Valued Senior Member

So, the breast would become serving an asset to attract the mate, not for breast feeding. So can we say the milk process in them would stop?

22. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

No. Larger breasts may mean higher or lesser milk production however if something is not used for it purpose it may be that in time the ability disappears. For example some mamels and fish lose their eyes if not used over time.
    Alex

23. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Possibly - if technology allows anyone to have any size breasts they desire - not withstanding what they were "born with" - than maybe the entire impetus driving larger breasts will become moot, milk or no.

(I'm only commenting because I'm bored and this thread is now about "boobies" : )