Precognitive Dreams or Just Mere Coincidence?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by jagäroberoende, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

Huh? When you posted your dream I presumed you meant that science was "they".. not some guy on a site.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

That is why I said "getting closer". I would have expected it to be a publication as well.
    But if what he says is true, so where did he get this idea of these massive BHs in the centre of the Universe?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

If you go back over how this argument developed, I don't really care what you think about it. But some others may just get to see how this "synchronicity" thing works. As I said once before I am often feeling like the guy out of the TV series "Early Edition"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

I wouldn't count it as a result.

8. elte Valued Senior Member

I think you see meaning in that because you want to. I could convince myself of things like that in my life pretty often, but I have realized that making connections like that result from bias and wishful thinking.

9. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

All I can say is prove it to the forum then.

10. elte Valued Senior Member

Proving something that is inherently subjective would be quite hard to do indeed. It works the same for your cases as mine.

I have learned to quit thinking about dreams. They use up a lot of the thought process, otherwise, when thinking about other things helps more in daily life.

11. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

But I feel I can prove the oddity of the connection. One never knows if the uncertainty principle will interfere with it. Like when you try and measure something you won't be able to measure something else at the same time. But I have already written up an amazing dream sequence which has "helped to solve a murder case". The reason I put it in quotations is we may never know but you can follow what I did about it.
    http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthr...ual-Guidance-assists-in-Scott-Watson-s-Pardon

12. elte Valued Senior Member

However, I can't think your thoughts the way you think them, so that prevents verifiability. That subjective process means even that account you give means much different things to you than me it would to me. Besides, I'm averse to the notion of reading 79 pages!

13. elte Valued Senior Member

Oh, my bad, it's just two pages now.

14. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Were you aware of the thread on Trade Me (NZ) that ran to the enormous length?

15. elte Valued Senior Member

I'm glad I didn't because I prefer not to read long things if I don't have to.

16. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Well I shortened the NZ one right down to show the dreams and then how i went about finding the places I dreamt about and seeing if they were the places were the deaths had occurred.
    Only 2 pages long.
    It is coming up to 14 years since it happened and still not yet resolved. The man convicted is innocent but it is hard to overturn a jury verdict.

17. Ellis Registered Senior Member

It's interesting to me whenever I witness deceit like this. I wonder if they are from a small, very polite community in which their "fantasy" tales were tolerated because they've always been "a little slow". Later on, it's as if their "conviction" is proof of something we couldn't possibly conceive. It's fun at times, but it should be regulated at some point so, whackjobs like this can be swept aside for legitimate investigation.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  18. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Now I am very shocked to read the things you have said in your post. Firstly you called it deceit, and since your post quotes mine I assume you are talking as if I have set out to deceive.
    Now I must inform the Forum that everything I have said in the linked thread on the Wooden Boats forum did happen with 100% certainty.
    You have no right to call me a whackjob.

19. Ellis Registered Senior Member

Fair enough... I actually should not be calling you a whackjob. I should ask you to provide legitimate documentation supporting your claims first. Then, when you are not able to provide any, I will commence with my "whackjob" accusations.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  20. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

So what sort of documentation do you want?
    As far as your partial apology goes it is not accepted for it so obvious to be made in jest and not sincerity.

21. Ellis Registered Senior Member

Oh, I don't know... let's start with your envolvement with helping to solve a murder case.... hell, how about any official document supporting a phychic's claims to having an involvement with a case. Let's start with their admission of evidence presentented to a jury. So, yes I suspend my "whackjob" analogy pending your submission of credible evidence. It's not in jest; I assure you if you are able to give us credible evidence, I would be incredibly grateful. However, I suspect this is not the case.

22. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

You sound like you have not bothered to read the linked thread, for you are asking for things that are not even suggested as ever happened. So you seem to be the one who is in error here, for you do not know the background or the type of claims that I made regarding the case.

Good night!

23. Ellis Registered Senior Member

oopsie!! you may have me here. I believe that I may in fact be guilty of not reading your posts or threads carefully enought for your liking. However, I would be more than interested in looking over ANY AND ALL legitimate information you may be holding on ANY case past, present or pending in which ANY phychic phenomenon is submissible in court. Please advise....