Posters! Who would win between these two!!

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by R1D2, Aug 9, 2012.

1. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

You have the Scorpion King vs the Barbarian.
    Mathayus vs Conan.
    Who would win in this match up?!?
    An does any of them have an advantage?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Don't know but I'll take the Conan on the left.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Balerion Banned Banned

Hells no. Give me Conan on the right any day. If he ever falters, he can go all Khal Drogo on their sorry asses.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

The Scorpion King would be a good if not great opponent.

8. ScaryMonster I’m the whispered word. Valued Senior Member

I don't Know? Maybe the Arnie version of Conan, not the weird looking dude with the Neanderthal forehead and lantern jaw.
    Is he deformed or something?

Both the Conan the Barbarian Movies were crap, but the second one really disappointed me because the start was so good, with Ron Pearlman as Conan's father and that kid that played Conan as a boy.

I think the Conan character is the most kick-ass, but the irony is that Dwayne Johnson as The Scorpion King is a better actor than both those film Conan's. Which is just wrong.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  9. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

I read several Conan books, years ago. That Conan was better. But I still thought the movies were ok.

I had also just heard that there coming out with another Scorpion King movie.

10. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/they...-movie-and-this-guy-is-the-new-scorpion-king/
    Says...
    Victor Webster (yeah, I have no idea who he is, either, but apparently he’s been in “Castle” and “Melrose Place” ) is in line to play the third incarnation of “The Scorpion King”, taking over for, of course, the Rock and Michael Copon
    An IMO..
    He would lose... Both Conan's would've kick his tail.
    I think the Rock, played the best Scorpion King.. But I liked Michael's version as well..

11. ScaryMonster I’m the whispered word. Valued Senior Member

We need a Conan for the 21st Century, a caring, sharing Conan who resolves his conflicts with reason and kindness. There's been too much cutting asunder with mighty thews, too much rending and cleaving and bloody raptures on piles of slain bodies whilst women are regulated to leg hugging bimbo's.

We want Conan to get in touch with his feminine side, to embrace the Scorpion King and perhaps show his his mighty war helmet.
    Then perhaps they can join forces and make a sweaty assault up a narrow ravine, exploding in a blaze of manly glory thorough the hot gate where numbers will count for nothing. Like the Spartans and Greeks who invented it.

12. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

ScaryMonster have you even read his book or saw Arnold's version of Conan?
    He was a small boy who had his family attacked an killed. He was forced into slavery, an then trained an used like a gladiator. Then sent free. Hunted down his tribes killers. An conquered all who stood before him. He was a lady's dream, an a warriors nightmare. But he would not find his "feminine" side, like you suggest, an neither would Mathayus. They would not In My honest Opinion. Do anything like you suggest. Nor would they be portrayed like that. But the actors in real life might. I really enjoyed the Conan books I read.

13. ScaryMonster I’m the whispered word. Valued Senior Member

I read most of the Conan books when I was 16 - 17 years old and I have to say that I really enjoyed them at the time. But expressions like "Mighty Thews," was used in these books and not in a ironic way. I remember Anie's Conan 80's movies with affection, bulging to a fantastic extent, scowling on cue and hardly uttering any lines at all. In its way Conan the Barbarian was an iconic 80s movie, if its taken as an enjoyable romp.
    These's stories do have a homoerotic element to them and IMO that actually, adds to them. I'm reminded of the sword and sandals Italian muscle man movies of the 1960's.
    There's a lot of farce in this sort of storytelling, its there even if the writer didn't mean it of be.
    Robert E Howard is regarded as the father of the sword and sorcery subgenre.