Post pics of your guns

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Jerrek, Jul 6, 2003.

1. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

spurious,
    So were teeth and knives.
    But I won't be emptying my cutlery drawer or my jaw anytime soon.

BTW, how do the road death statistics compare to firearms statistics in the states?

And why is it that those horrible dangerous guns don't seem to be the main cause of death when you get outside the US?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Blindman Valued Senior Member

What are you all so scared of that you need guns??

Oh thats right, other people with guns.. The US has 96 guns for every 100 people including children.

Do you really feel safe cowering behind your guns??

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

Blindman, before you say I'm scared and need guns, can you please read the thread to see what kind of shooting I do?
    Thanks.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

“We would not need to hide behind the first amendment if it was not for all those people shooting at us from the second!”

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Gosh...teeth were designed to hurt people? Actually the tooth is comprised out of two different functional compartments. The crown and the root. The function of the root is to provide a secure attachement to the jaw. The function of the crown is usually to reduce foodparticles in size by means of the chewing action or tearing. Also in some occasions they function as a grip on food particles or prey animals. But none of the human teeth is designed to hurt anyone. They might be used to do so. Similar for most knives. They are designed for many things, and sometimes even to hurt people. But most guns are designed to hurt people and especially the ones you fancy so much. The ones that could protect you.

9. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

spuriousmonkey is the tooth guy by the way grow them even, still if are teeth were for fighting we would have the K9 of a baboon! Even so the same argument can be made about many guns not being design for killing or hurting people (most hunting rifles for example).

10. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

spurious,
    Air rifles?
    Methinks you've been arguing with me and thinking I'm Jerrek.
    Which, I have to say, rather disturbs me...

WCF,
    Nevertheless, our teeth were evolved for tearing and slicing flesh.
    (Our incisors and canines anyway).

11. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

12. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

Thanks for that WCF.
    And yes folks, let's see the photos.
    'specially those of you that are competitive target shooters.

13. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Paintball guns are limited to 300ft/sec, usually 250-275, to make sure you get nothing more than a painful bruise at ranges usually at or more than 30 ft.

14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

flesh is flesh

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

no EI sparks ...if you look at the shape of our teeth, then they are not made for tearing and slicing flesh. Slicing of flesh is not done with incisors in carnivores, but by premolars and molars with a shearing action, and our canines are hardly noticable.

we have the dentition of opportunist.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2003
  16. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

spurious,
    You won't say that when I'm going all denzel washington on your carotid...

17. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

EI_Sparks,

Don't mind the "dumb ass" talk it seem that everyone that claims to have gone through grad. school in biological sciences on this forum thinks they have the right to call everyone and anyone a dumb ass when the subject involve their field, even so blatant insulting is a failure on their part to convey ideas in a neutral learning manner, making it very difficult for anyone to listen to them and accept there claims, rather ironic in that they may have the most knowledge but lack the ability to explain it in a educational and effective way, leaving their knowledge with them and being labeled as jerks and smart-ass forever.

If spuriousmonkey had said: “I rather disagree, I will repeat my self: our teeth are design for omnivore diets and we lack the serrated edges and large K9 needed for biting flesh in combat or in carnivorous style… *ect*”

Would you find that more acceptable to concede to?

If so spuriousmonkey would you reconsider your paragraph?

18. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I would have been more scientific in the science forum, but this is a dumbass thread...

19. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I agree with you that this thread is more for the kind of people I would like to spit on for sending my nation on a one way road to hell, but keeping a cool manner at all times will make the "dumbass" listen or at lest not become so defensive or offensive against you in the future, it better to make friends and follower then enemies.

20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

are you happy now

21. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Very so, now if He doesn't like that go all out on him like Costa Rican poop throwing monkey with diarrhea and forrest trail full of tourist!

22. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

not really spurious, I just got put in the same category as Jerrek and Clockwood, just because of the olympic sport I happen to do.
    With you on the teeth though.

23. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

See that was nice, now I'm sorry for saying you were a gun lover *nudges spuriousmonkey* or at lest you can say that you meant air gun lover.