Possible Darwin Award...

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by mikenostic, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Can you quit accusing me of prejudice ? Look up the definition first.. :bugeye:
    And I have never denied that both have responsibility. Parents have responsibility for their kids safety, dog owners have responsibility for their dogs actions. I have only said you can't expect parents to teach their kids about every pet animal and how to handle them. You can expect dog owners to raise their dogs in such a way that they can handle people. Or if they fail at least stay away from playground etc.
    You say that it's dual responsibility, but all you have shown is your belief that parents can be expected to teach their kids to handle dogs.
    You hardly said anything about the responsibility of dog owners for their dogs.
    In other words, you mainly lay the blame with the parents when a kid gets bitten. I am arguing against that.

You are starting to repeat yourself..

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Fair enough.

Not really, you said people are stupid around dogs.. totally clearing dog owners of any responsibility. The whole post suggested that it was the parents that were at fault when a kid gets bitten, not the owner of the dog.

Maybe I understood wrongly..
    But dogs are not dumb animals.. surprising to hear that from a dog owner..

lol

Tell me one thing.. if a crappy owner owns a crumpy dog, and it bites a kid that runs up to it. Who is to blame ? The crappy owner or the kids parents ?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.