Possible Darwin Award...

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by mikenostic, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Don't they have tranquilizer darts ? :bawl:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

That tiger wasn't hungry. It was defending itself. If a person stood outside your home and shot at you, you would have the right to defend yourself.
    What did they expect as they laughed their asses off?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

cops don't. :shrug:
    And it was an escaped animal attacking people. The cops did what they had to do as quickly as they could. They didn't have time to investigate and find out it was being antagonized and shot at before it got out.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Just a footnote to all of this specualtion: it's a fact that the restraining wall was shot of the reccommended height by a little more than four feet; people are still being questioned about the role of the individuals involved. Taunting or throwing things has not yet been totally determined.

So it would be smarter to just wait a little longer until more facts solidify before trying to judge the whole affair.

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Good thing he at least took that guy with him then..

/disgusted

9. Kadark Banned Banned

I'm not talking about the police shooting the tiger; that was necessary to stop further attacks. I was talking about how you said the parents of a kid who THREW ROCKS should be charged for manslaughter and abuse.

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

true, but why were young adults visiting the zoo with sling shots? :bugeye:

11. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Why? She and they haven't done anything. But the actions of THESE kids is still being questioned.

A question just for you: why are you so quick to make a judgment call when all the facts aren't even in yet? Do you always react prematurely to everything the way you've done in this case? That's the exact sort of error that this thread started with and you are doing nothing but more of the same.

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

no I didn't. I said the kids should be charged. Their actions caused the death of one of them, the mauling of 2 innocent people, and the death of the tiger.
    Abusing an animal is illegal and a death happened during that illegal activity.

13. Kadark Banned Banned

It doesn't matter to me if the kid did or did not throw rocks. In both cases, I don't see the kid as deserving death (like mikenostic, Enmos, and maybe Orleander would believe).

14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

You have to admit it's one hell of a way to go out for a captive tiger..

/Admiration..

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Do you think the tiger deserved to die ?

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Mod note: Flames deleted. Cool down guys!

17. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

If a death occurs in the commission of a crime, you are responsible for that death, even if its one of the criminals.

Hasn't anyone noticed those boys avoiding the media? They know what they did.

18. Incriminating Convoy Registered Member

I shall jump in and just say that if the kid was provoking and throwing items at a tiger and the tiger was being abused then I think that he deserved to be abused back. Tigers have no way of knowing that killing a kid is wrong in our society. If what was said happened then the kid deserved to be abused back. Even if it did end the kids life. Tigers have a right too.

19. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I like you already

20. Kadark Banned Banned

I don't think the kid or the tiger deserved to die. The tiger is obviously doing what it feels is normal, and should never have been in a zoo in the first place. As for the kid, I don't think throwing rocks is punishable by death.

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

He wasn't punished. Nature took its course. You mess with a tiger, its gonna kill ya.

22. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

You might think so, but that's hardly always the case. If their actions led to the death of another, then they are subject to being held responsible for that death.

Since ANYTHING that leads up to something like this can be considered a contributing cause, there's a good possibility there may be shared blame in end. The zoo could be charged with contributing because the wall height wasn't up to minimum standards AND the kids also IF it's proven they were taunting the animal.

23. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

I'd say, when he is old enough to think for himself.