Possessed

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Redoubtable, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Several days ago I looked in my backpack and found three sheets of paper that most certainly did not belong to me. While the first two bore crude depictions of what seemed to be the African savannah, abounding with exotiv beasts and flora, the third had a brief poem written on it.

I probably picked up the papers and placed them in my backpack, presuming them to be my own.

Possessed

I'm not myself
    I'm not at home
    It's times like these
    I feel alone

Don't speak to me
    Don't say my name
    It's days like these
    I'm not sane.

I'll be back soon
    So do not fret
    But days like these
    I don't forget

Just go away
    I'm not here
    No matter how often
    You say I'm near

Why don't you
    Put on a smile?
    You see I'll be back
    In a little while

The inherent dilemma, comrades, is that the poem included a name: Karya Trong. I've recently heard that name on the school announcements, and I am relatively confident in my ability to find and identify the girl if I deem such appropriate.

I haven't the faintest idea as to her appearance as of yet, but that is irrelevent.

Should I or should I not? I suppose it might be a trifle, considering that it wouldn't be difficult to reproduce this poem if one were its author.

Perhaps, not though?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Well, the poem isn't that good. Thanks for saying the name, now I can tell my serial killer buddies to hunt her down and eat her...oh, wait, I'm typing out loud again. Damn! My delete key won't work! Damn this infernal technology!

Yeah, I say go for it. I've met plenty of hot girls who are awesome at writing, etc. My opinion on her poetry may not be the "correct," one, I guess, but, meh...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. I never said it was good. I don't mean to be narcissistic, but I can do much much better . . .

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

[narcissus reference]Get away from the water![/narcissus reference]

Wait! Wait! Idea! Write notes and suggestions all over her paper, then give it back to her folded up, write CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. That way, if she's hot, well, you know...

8. Xev Registered Senior Member

It totally sucks. Kill her before she starts a Live Journal account and spreads it all over the internet.

Rape her before (or after if that's your thing) if she's that hot.

9. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Was the narcissus reference correct, btw? If it's that bad...maybe she thinks that she's actually good...in which case she would be a dumbass...and possibly hot...so maybe you could have sex with her without all of the legal hassles related to raping etc....yeah....god what am I doing here...

10. Xev Registered Senior Member

No, Polly, you don't understand:

People who do not immediatly burn their sucky poetry must die.

11. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

find her and give it back witha note, but dont let her see you.

if she sees you it will make her terribly embarrased and uncoimfortable.

just becuase it isn't very impressive, doesn't mean that it is not important to her. and a new copy is never the same as the first.

just fold the papers and put them in an envelope with her name on it, and give it to the school secretary, to call her down to pick it up. she'll appreciate it.

12. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Just call me polygamous...

Well, I'm presuming that she's just a kid. If it's really sucky then it won't go anywhere.

Wait a second

What am I saying.

All I ever hear on the fucking radio is sucky poetry

sung by sucky actors

crammed down my throat by fat, cocksucking corporate execs

wait till I see it on every billboard! On juice cartons! Sucky poetry, everywhere, and worshipped by fellow dumbass teenagers!

Deus, society sucks.

--Pollux V 7:16 PM on the second day of february in the two thousandth and third year of our lord and saviour jesus christ who died for our sins amen...

13. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

The irony there is that we have a sucky poem that is written about sucky poems. Just thought I'd point that out before someone started praising me...

14. Firefly Registered Senior Member

I couldn't. It might be her first and best poem, and she's been desperately trying to find it.

You should give it back to her anyway. Like someone said, if she's hot...