Positive effects of WW2

Discussion in 'History' started by s0meguy, Jul 19, 2005.

1. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

There must have also been positive effects of World War 2, I wonder what the knowledgable minds of Sciforums can come up with...

To start it off: Because of WW2, Germany no longer had huge debts, otherwise Germany would now have been a poor country instead of a wealthy one... What could be the effects of this on the rest of Europe?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2005
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

50 million dead , 2 continents devastaed , atomic weaponery followed by a Cold war which squandered a nations National wealth . The only positive thing to come out of WWII was that the wealthy corpoarations got richer , well positive for those greedy institutions .

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

Space travel and viable commercial air travel.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

Hitler Died

8. Lord_Phoenix New World Order Registered Senior Member

A lot of improvements actually worldwide, creation of United Nations and other big world organization to ensure peace and also many alliances.

9. mathman Valued Senior Member

In the United States and also probably in most of the first world, racial prejudice was no long socially acceptable. The holocaust showed what could happen if leaders think it is all right to discriminate on the basis of religion or race.

10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, another positive effect of WW II is that it killed millions of people! Just think, if none of those people had been killed, how many people would we have on Earth right now? And where would they live?

Wars are sorta' like ranching ....one must continue to cull the herd or it'll become too large to deal with. Wars cull the human herds.

Baron Max

11. IndieTits Registered Member

Consider the fact that the Allied victory enabled many groups to flourish that were persecuted by the Axis. So, therefore the fact that millions died is irrelevant. Millions died so millions more could in effect prosper.

The EEC came about due to WWII -- Economic Stalemate in Europe. Not necessarily a good point.

Greetings everybody, by the by.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

Did that fail miserably.

13. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yeah, but notice how it continues to fail, yet we keep it around and pay millions for the privilege of watching it fail ...year after year after year!

When are we going to see the light and dump the UN?

Baron Max

14. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

But if we dump the UN we wont have anymore reason to complain about what the US does wrong.

After ww2 the UN was the only thing holding together international relations, without it at that period there would be chaos and lawlessness.

Maybe the reason America dos'nt like the UN is because the UN dislikes what America does.

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I don't think there'll be a shortage of people to complain about the great nation of the United States of America ....do you?

Oh, I have no problem with them hating America .....but what the hell have they actually accomplished for all of the billions that they've spent?

I seriously know of no place in the world, no conflicts, no diseases, no poverty, or anything else where the UN has actually accomplished something. If you know of some, please tell me! Mostly I just see a bunch of white helmeted troops standing around while the country they're supposed to be controlling is in armed rebellion and chaos .....and they just stand there and watch it ....like its an enjoyable movie or something!

As to your comment about after WW II, I don't know that that is true. Before I believe it, I'm going to have to study that some. At that time, the UN have virtually no power and no troops ...other than the US troops! But I need to do some research.

Baron Max

16. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

`
    Face it... There was only ONE positive effect of the war...

17. IndieTits Registered Member

HAHA.

18. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

You have a point there. From what history tells us the U.N seems like a giant club house where many nations come and talk and eat.

19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

...and drink!

Baron Max

20. Hurricane Angel I am the Metatron Registered Senior Member

Yugoslavia was created out of world war 2. That was a positive (for me at least).

It didn't last very long as a nation, that was a negative. Especially the bloody breakup.

21. mouse can't sing, can't dance Registered Senior Member

From wikipedia:

22. Roman Banned Banned

I hope The Baron doesn't back out after seeing some of the good things that the UN has done!

Of course, we could argue that the UN is saving a bunch of people that should die, thus aleviating an overpopulation problem.

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Citing UN propoganda is not what I call proof of anything. And for every "good" thing that's attributed to the UN, we could cite instances of abuse of power ...like the UN soldiers in Africa raping and killing people!

The problem is we, the people, only see what we want to see ....if we want to see "good", we just pick ONLY the good items. I could do the same for all of the UN's horrid waste of time, effort and money ....but I won't, 'cause I don't give a fuck!

Baron Max