Portland, Ore

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mathman, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Racist. The historical trauma of slavery and the potential historical redlining is the reason for the beating of his wife. Neither the police nor the social workers should be there. The only people that should be there are governmental representatives with an offer of a new house in a wealthy suburb.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. exchemist Valued Senior Member

What point are you trying to make?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. billvon Valued Senior Member

50% of the time the couple gets help and it works
    20% of the time the couple gets help and it doesn't work - but also delays the inevitable battering and gets the woman time to get out
    20% of the time the couple refuses help - but the woman now is better armed with information/resources and gets out
    10% of the time the couple refuses the help and he batters her anyway
    But now that happens 90% less often.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. billvon Valued Senior Member

Not worth trying to figure out.

8. Thus Spoke Registered Senior Member

I just don’t understand why you’re complaining. When your wife gets home from work, she’ll have the luxury of not having to worry about getting her ass beat because you’ll be too exhausted from working 24/7 to pay for it.

9. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Because the talk is about applying a sensible solution to a problem in AMERICA
    Well it's a bit more involved plus the solutions proposed take place in CIVILISED countries. Again you are going to TRY and and apply a fairly involved social program in AMERICA

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

Look, I understand how a bubble-dwelling TV junkie might not be able to comprehend people only getting their news in written form. The education system has failed many people. It's really no wonder that you can't manage to understand simple English, like in Genesis. Nor is it any wonder all the other nonsense you believe.

11. billvon Valued Senior Member

I don't have a TV. But excellent attempt at a strawman!
    You are a perfect Trump supporter - ignorant and proud of it. Bless your heart.

12. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

Um, you do know you don't need a TV to watch news videos nowadays, right? The device you're using to post to this forum also lets you watch the news. So your little quibble doesn't change the substance.

You're the perfect leftist, always projecting your own faults. Luckily, Dunning-Kruger comforts you.

But speaking of "describing Portland as "two months of violence""...

13. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

No, ingenuous contextomy would be innocently quoting something out of context, whether due to poor comprehension, bias, haste, etc.. Thus "disingenuous contextomy" would be intentionally quoting out of context to misrepresent what was actually said. I'm not really surprise that you don't see understand the difference.

14. Baldeee Valued Senior Member

And I'm guessing that even you know that you do need to have (at least significant access to) a TV to be considered a "bubble-dwelling TV junkie".
    Maybe that was what he was referring to?

15. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

Yes, that's why it was me who referred to him as a "bubble-dwelling TV junkie".

16. Baldeee Valued Senior Member

Incorrectly, though, as he pointed out.
    How can he be a "bubble-dwelling TV junkie" if he doesn't have a TV?
    I'm confused.

17. billvon Valued Senior Member

Of course.

Excellent backpedal, by the way. "I said he was a TV junkie, but I really meant NEWS VIDEO junkie!" Makes your attempted insult fall rather flat, though. Try again!

I see where you made your mistake, though. You are assuming that since you consume all your news in video form that that's true for everyone. That is a false assumption. Not everyone is like you (fortunately.)

18. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

Of course you're confused. You tried, and failed, to attribute what I said to billvon:
    Now you're just trying to backpedal.

Wow, how behind the times are you? Someone really has to specify "YouTube junkie" or "news video junkie" for you to comprehend that simple sentiment?
    No wonder you have such problems understanding simple sentences.

You're projecting again. I've already told you were I get my news.

19. Baldeee Valued Senior Member

Not at all.
    You called him a ""bubble-dwelling TV junkie" - yet he doesn't have a TV, one of the prime requisites to be such a junkie.
    No confusion in what I wrote, just in your attempt to defend your error.
    No backpedaling on my part, also.
    Rather curious that you think there is either, though.

20. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

Copy>paste:
    Wow, how behind the times are you? Someone really has to specify "YouTube junkie" or "news video junkie" for you to comprehend that simple sentiment?​

21. Baldeee Valued Senior Member

The sentiment was understood, just clumsily expressed.
    And it doesn't explain your confusing answers since... how you think I attributed what you said to billvon, yet at no point did I do so (although I suspect you simply misread what I wrote and miread "do need" as "don't need".
    But hey, if you're happy to be confused and confusing, I guess we'll have to ceal with it.

22. iceaura Valued Senior Member

You don't appear to know where your "news" originates.
    You still haven't learned from your past experiences lecturing others here on the meanings of words.
    That's ok - nobody expects you to learn anything here.
    But referring to a poster like "billvon" as a "leftist" marks not merely failure to learn, but an active expansion of your ignorance. You used to know better than this:
    - now you don't.

And voluntarily posting the term "Dunning-Kruger", putting that of all terms in front of other people's eyes while they read your lectures on ingenuous vs disingenuous contextomy - - - I wouldn't do that, were I you. Just a tip, from someone who's been actually taking an interest in your propaganda (not a common interest, trust me). You're dealing in repetition, not argument, remember.